• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamonds needed to complete a GB?

DeletedUser37344

I've been curious about how FoE encourages/forces/etc. the purchase of diamonds and decided to see if it was possible to complete Zeus without using diamonds. With one cell remaining and numerous trades of triplicates and even quadruplicates along with gathering other BP from friends and neighbors, the cell remained empty. I've concluded that it's not possible to complete a GB without using diamonds ... is that correct?

DeletedUser29726

The last blueprint can be stubborn at times. Assuming you do the 2:1 trade from two different cells, each blueprint won has a 1/9 chance to fill the spot naturally, and a 1/7 chance to hit the right spot in a 2:1 trade. That's a 5/21 chance per excess zeus print you win to get that 9th spot.

upload_2018-12-14_21-13-47.png

While that 99.6% chance after ~29 total blueprints won might seem remote that you don't make it, it should be noted that in a game with this many players each collecting sets for multiple GBs, it's going to happen to quite a few unlucky souls.

Emberguard

I have completed several Zeus GBs without using diamonds, shrines or the arc.

Sometimes it comes really quickly, other times you need to use the 2:1 trade to speed it up. Don't be afraid to use the 2:1 feature for your Zeus. Being Bronze Age you'll have more BPs of Zeus and Tower of Babel then any other GB unless you're specifically chasing after other GB BPs

DeletedUser32824

It took me 2 months of GE64 completion to get my final TOR bp in my city on W

Kranyar the Mysterious

One reward on a high level building (even 5th place if high enough) can solve all your blueprint problems.

I added a high level friend when I started my second city, after getting his permission to lock 4th or 5th on his very high level Chateau (which position he even went out of his way to protect). This gave me all the prints I needed to place my Chateau in the first week out of bronze, plus he sold me the goods at a pretty nice price.

Thinking outside of the box can sometimes pay big dividends.

DeletedUser37510

So, what are the odds of this? (check my math pls)
After the initial 8, there is an 8/9 (0.888) chance of getting a duplicate. 42 duplicates 0.888^42 = 0.0071 or 00.71% or (1 in 140)
Not nearly as high as I expected!
foe oracle.png

Emberguard

I already did get a full set without the quests :D [en] Noarsil never received the Oracle [questline] because I built an Inno before that.

index.php

^ results of hunting Oracle BPs
@Glurth here's mine to compare. 24 BPs total - 15 were duplicate

Last edited:

Mustapha00

It took me 2 months of GE64 completion to get my final TOR bp in my city on W
Good grief...what awful luck.

Since GE offers numerous opportunities to receive ToR prints, I'm pretty sure that I have more ToR prints than I do any other GB. It's rare that I do not pick up at least a couple just doing GE I and II.