• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Unit per age

• Thread starter DeletedUser35976
  • Start date

DeletedUser31540

If u want to fight manually in LMA against an unknown defense 7rogue+1champ is the way to go

If u wanna autobattle against an unknown enemy 7rogue+1Heavy is probably best

GE is the best for fighting cause u can counter - the best units change every fight here

Super Catanian

If u wanna autobattle 7rogue+1Heavy is probably best
Unless the terrain is all swamp and you're fighting against artillery and ranged.

If you are autobattling, check the terrain first before then switching to autobattle. You don't want to lose that many Rogues in one fight.

DeletedUser31540

@Super Catanian
Bro u are making me mad lol

I said the best comp for autobattling is 1 heavy and 7 rogue — and u start talking about terrain

When u autobattle u never see the lay of the land — of course it plays a role in how the battle plays out

But i am talking about the best comp to select ... not the best comp u could have selected in hindsight knowing the terrain u never saw

Super Catanian

@Super Catanian
Bro u are making me mad lol

I said the best comp for autobattling is 1 heavy and 7 rogue — and u start talking about terrain

When u autobattle u never see the lay of the land — of course it plays a role in how the battle plays out

But i am talking about the best comp to select ... not the best comp u could have selected in hindsight knowing the terrain u never saw
Sorry, tío!

I was just mentioning that if the terrain happened to be all swamp while fighting with heavies,
image.jpg

You're right about everything else, though...

DeletedUser38186

Sorry, tío!

I was just mentioning that if the terrain happened to be all swamp while fighting with heavies,
image.jpg

You're right about everything else, though...

So how do you see the terrain if you autobattle? Or you go into the fight, look at it, and then auto battle?

mamboking053

maybe we have different playing styles?i find that 1 heavy infantry plus 7 rogues always gets the job done...

Yes, they do. Both in HMA and LMA they are very effective if you have good defense boosts except in the condition where there are too many ranged or artillery units- especially with boosts. This, combined with a lot of terrain impediments, and even with rogues it will take them quite a surprising amount of turns to get within range. My best bet is to either go with 1 heavy, 1 fast, and 6 rogues or 1 fast and seven rogues.

DeletedUser35976

I have found that fast units pre- progressive are poor against almost everything without much boost, and great against almost everything with high boost.

qaccy

soooo - rogues are the best... As i suspected...

This is pretty much the entire thread right here. Perhaps the discussion should ignore rogues and look at the individual units WITHOUT Rogues instead? Might be a more interesting discussion because just about every unit can work just fine when you can take up to 7 hits per battle without suffering any damage using Rogues.