• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lighthouse of Alexandria use count doesn't make sense!

qaccy

I agree that it's not really a bug. Sounds more like missing functionality to me. When the code was originally put together, we didn't have auto-producing buildings that gave us anything more than coins (other than GBs, which have never been counted for boosts), so there was never any need to write in checks for supply boosts to factor into the tooltips. It'd fall squarely into bug territory (in my opinion) if the boost was being consumed, but not actually applied when collecting from these buildings. So to me the code is working correctly, applying the bonus to supply collections, it's just not doing something it was never designed to do, which is display the bonus amount (if applicable) on a non-production building. It's not really a bug if something isn't working a certain way because it was never designed to do so.

Freshmeboy

Checked my LOA and it says supply buildings...not multiple production buildings but supply buildings. Seems to me INNO has set the LOA for those buildings only and that the event buildings are not involved if they produce more than one item..not a bug. But a proposal may be worthy. Question though..: Are supplies really that important once you get past IA...?

RazorbackPirate

Checked my LOA and it says supply buildings...not multiple production buildings but supply buildings. Seems to me INNO has set the LOA for those buildings only and that the event buildings are not involved if they produce more than one item..not a bug. But a proposal may be worthy. Question though..: Are supplies really that important once you get past IA...?
Regardless of the import of supplies, LoA does boost the supplies of special buildings. It just does not display the final boosted amount in the building's information dialog. This display method is consistent across all Special Residential buildings that add Supplies to the additional rewards gained when the building is motivated.

To be clear, the collected supplies ARE boosted by all active supply boosts at the time of collection, it just does not show the boosted amount in the information dialog. Changing the display is a proposal I would support.

Salsuero

it's just not doing something it was never designed to do, which is display the bonus amount (if applicable) on a non-production building. It's not really a bug if something isn't working a certain way because it was never designed to do so.

But it works on set buildings. It should at least be consistent.

Seems to me INNO has set the LOA for those buildings only and that the event buildings are not involved if they produce more than one item..not a bug.

That would be incorrect.

LoA does boost the supplies of special buildings. It just does not display the final boosted amount in the building's information dialog. This display method is consistent across all Special Residential buildings that add Supplies to the additional rewards gained when the building is motivated.

See above.

Are supplies really that important once you get past IA...?

Yes.

RazorbackPirate

But it works on set buildings. It should at least be consistent.
Set buildings are not activated by motivation. They are activated by unique touches. They activate differently, they display differently. It is entirely consistent, it is only Special Residential under that one specific condition.

Salsuero

Set buildings are not activated by motivation. They are activated by unique touches. They activate differently, they display differently. It is entirely consistent, it is only Special Residential under that one specific condition.

They display the boosted amount of supplies, as do production buildings. My point of consistency has nothing to do with activation, but everything to do with display of what you will get upon collecting the building.

At one point, they didn't show you the specific good you would get from collecting special buildings. However, they realized that this information could be useful, so they "fixed" it so it would show this. They made the tooltips more informative. So, they clearly care about this. My point is that I believe they just didn't realize they didn't factor in supply boosts for the supply output in the tooltip coding... because they factored it in for the actual output, so they clearly wanted to do so... and they bothered to update the display of goods... so it doesn't make any sense that this was intentionally left out. That's why I believe it to be a bug... an oversight, if you will... and not a feature.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Taken from a (en) world, but unless the us servers use different wording it doesn't specify production buildings, only supply productions which could be any building
upload_2019-3-26_7-30-47.png

upload_2019-3-26_7-31-12.png

Last edited:

Emberguard

upload_2019-3-26_9-1-38.png

upload_2019-3-26_9-3-6.png

Hmm. My zen zone is indeed showing the boost from the lighthouse. I rounded the .5 up but the game didn't which is why I'm out by 1

upload_2019-3-26_9-4-32.png
upload_2019-3-26_9-6-21.png

Will find out in 5 hrs whether my royal ship will stay at 2,470 or increase to 5,829

Edit:
upload_2019-3-26_9-20-24.png
Ok nevermind, the tholos is showing boost on the per day section but not the "if motivated" section. Back to where we started lol/

Last edited:

qaccy

@Salsuero The issue here seems to be your definition of 'bug'. We all agree that there's a potential problem here, but most of us just consider it as something that was never in the game in the first place. I believe your usage of the term 'oversight' may be more correct because, as it's been pointed out, everything is actually working the way it's been designed to work. It could certainly use updating though, as times have changed since 2013 (2012?) and buildings which are considered residential (auto-producing, can be motivated, and usually increase population) don't only produce coins anymore.

Regarding set buildings, can't really say why boosts are factored in with them. Perhaps it's because they were introduced far later in the game and required totally new code (they don't really fall into either the residential or production building categories), so Inno naturally included everything when they were being designed.

RazorbackPirate

@SalsueroRegarding set buildings, can't really say why boosts are factored in with them. Perhaps it's because they were introduced far later in the game and required totally new code (they don't really fall into either the residential or production building categories), so Inno naturally included everything when they were being designed.
It used to be that Sets also did not show the boosted supplies, but Inno changed it so now it shows. When they made that change, they didn't address the building type and issue being outlined here. Not sure why. I vaguely recall a post from the developers on Beta about the same time, saying that they designed the box to show the extra productions being active, or not. Blah, blah, when motivated the coins get doubled and extras become active, blah, blah, yes the supplies get boosted, blah, blah, but it doesn't show since it's not affected by motivation, blah, blah.

I don't care enough to go searching for the actual thread, but my takeaway at the time was, 'not a bug.'

Call it a bug and go nowhere, make a proposal and have it considered, or start a city on Beta and call it a bug over there.

Salsuero

The issue here seems to be your definition of 'bug'.

Ok. I'm using my definition then. Issue addressed.

It used to be that Sets also did not show the boosted supplies, but Inno changed it so now it shows.

Correct. And this is why I believe the inconsistency to be a "bug" by my definition, not by definition the rest of you use.

I don't care enough to go searching for the actual thread, but my takeaway at the time was, 'not a bug.'

Totally get that. My thinking is... it is a bug. So, we appear to just be going in circles.

Call it a bug and go nowhere, make a proposal and have it considered, or start a city on Beta and call it a bug over there.

I don't really care anymore. Inno didn't care when I submitted a ticket. I wanted this thread moved to the bugs folder and no one agrees that it's better placed there than in the questions folder. That's fine. I'm over it.

DeletedUser29726

Ok. I'm using my definition then. Issue addressed.

Correct. And this is why I believe the inconsistency to be a "bug" by my definition, not by definition the rest of you use.

Totally get that. My thinking is... it is a bug. So, we appear to just be going in circles.

I don't really care anymore. Inno didn't care when I submitted a ticket. I wanted this thread moved to the bugs folder and no one agrees that it's better placed there than in the questions folder. That's fine. I'm over it.

There's two facets to the original post. One is 'what's going on?' - and the answer to that belonged here that it is in fact boosting those buildings, and you're getting the extra supplies when you collect, but it's not displayed in the tooltip.

The other one is that this does mean there's a display bug (every other situation showing what you're going to get in the tooltip after bonuses when you collect, there's no reason to expect this is intended behavior). If you feel they're unaware of the situation then a separate post in the bug section of the forum could be made. You might even get a confirmation that they consider this a bug when an inno employee next reads that subforum (not sure how frequent that is).

I imagine the reason it's not been fixed despite having been in the game for a while is that it's a low impact issue. Everything is working behind the scenes correctly and very few people are carefully examining their tooltips.

RazorbackPirate

There's two facets to the original post. One is 'what's going on?' - and the answer to that belonged here that it is in fact boosting those buildings, and you're getting the extra supplies when you collect, but it's not displayed in the tooltip.

The other one is that this does mean there's a display bug (every other situation showing what you're going to get in the tooltip after bonuses when you collect, there's no reason to expect this is intended behavior). If you feel they're unaware of the situation then a separate post in the bug section of the forum could be made. You might even get a confirmation that they consider this a bug when an inno employee next reads that subforum (not sure how frequent that is).

I imagine the reason it's not been fixed despite having been in the game for a while is that it's a low impact issue. Everything is working behind the scenes correctly and very few people are carefully examining their tooltips.
Or most likely, they designed it that way and it's working as intended. So, not a bug.

Salsuero

Or most likely, they designed it that way and it's working as intended. So, not a bug.

Your opinion isn't necessarily "most likely" true. "Perhaps", "possibly", "maybe", "alternatively"... all good words that could be substituted for "most likely" -- because you have no evidence that your suggestion is the "most" likely or even "likely" at all to be the reason for why these tooltips don't work the way they clearly should (and do everywhere else in the game). I'm also not sure why you keep reiterating the same point when it's been made multiple times and everyone knows where you stand on it.