• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unknown Guild in GvG

The current set-up allows a guild to be "unknown" when attacking a siege on a map on which they are not landed. If any player in the sieging guild is friends with one of the players attacking the siege, that player can see the attacker. Everyone else gets "unknown guild".

I propose removing the anonymity such that any attack will appear in the "enemy" event log stating the guild responsible for the attack.

DeletedUser

@lilithtalon

Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put this proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this format: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

Super Catanian

-1 because of the part that friends of an enemy guild’s member can see the guild. Everything else, I am in favor of.

qaccy

-1 because of the part that friends of an enemy guild’s member can see the guild.

That's actually how GvG already works. Anyone in your neighborhood or friend list will have their name displayed if they attack one of your guild's sectors or sieges regardless of what guild they're in. It was probably intended to only display names from your own guild's actions, but I think this is something that either can't be fixed or simply isn't a priority to fix. It could also be intended after all, but nobody really knows! However, I wasn't aware that having this social connection would reveal the guild's name as well. Is that actually the case?

Super Catanian

That's actually how GvG already works. Anyone in your neighborhood or friend list will have their name displayed if they attack one of your guild's sectors or sieges regardless of what guild they're in. It was probably intended to only display names from your own guild's actions, but I think this is something that either can't be fixed or simply isn't a priority to fix. It could also be intended after all, but nobody really knows! However, I wasn't aware that having this social connection would reveal the guild's name as well. Is that actually the case?
I don’t know exactly.

*chuckles* I'm not paid to put things into a format. I posted here because I posted it as a bug and was given the run around and pointed here. Obviously a waste of time, particularly since it really is a bug. I just had to leave and come back to the map and the guild name magically appeared. Of course this doesn't always work either since the entire event log often magically disappears when I leave and come back to a map. Just more bugs.

Super Catanian

I'm not paid to put things into a format. I posted here because I posted it as a bug and was given the run around and pointed here.
You had posted this in the Proposal section of the forums, thus why the thread was moved to the Forge Hall. If you had posted it as a bug, you should have done so in the Bug Reports section.