• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reconstruction Mode Improvements Feedback

DeletedUser37497

In this iteration, no, no option to sell buildings within Recon mode. However, its already on our wish list, so its possible for future improvements (although please dont read that as it will happen ;) )

Yes, as has already been confirmed. If you sell a building, it gets removed from your draft. If you buy a new one, its added to the storage.

RazorbackPirate

In this iteration, no, no option to sell buildings within Recon mode. However, its already on our wish list, so its possible for future improvements (although please dont read that as it will happen ;) )

Yes, as has already been confirmed. If you sell a building, it gets removed from your draft. If you buy a new one, its added to the storage.
If it works as described, it seems to allow what everyone has been asking for, the ability to build, sell, store, or use buildings in the midst of a redesign. Seems to me, if you can just return to your city, do what you want, then return and pick up where you left off including changes, we're good to go. At least I am.

DeletedUser4441

Question I have is if you save a draft of your revisions, then go back to your city and make any changes, how are those changes reflected in the draft?

So for example, I create a complicated revision to my city, but don't need some roads. I save a draft by going back to my city, and while there I delete some roads. When I go back into the draft, how will it deal with that?

What happens if I added a new building to my city in the meantime?

I was just playing around with this on Beta. I saved a draft, made changes. The new buildings were instantly stored when i went back into the draft I had saved.

Kaidi

Nice changes, but the elephant in the room is the sets. I realize there are multiple ways to arrange a set... but if you could make an option such that any set buildings that are in contact with others of their type are automatically moved as a set (even if only in Draft mode), that would be tremendously helpful.

Obviously there would also need to be some kind of 'disconnect sets' feature so that a particular set could be rearranged within itself. As is, I avoid sets because it makes it such a chore to remodel my city, even with draft mode.

If you don't move the sets as a group, then it messes up the collection time, yes. But with this storage, I think I could get my city all ready (including reworked/rebuilt sets) and then collect, then apply the new city? Would that work?

It would be nice to move a set as a whole, but at least this way - if that would work - we can reconfigure, e.g. move the fountain in the piazza set to the other side or something, without penalty.

RazorbackPirate

If you don't move the sets as a group, then it messes up the collection time, yes. But with this storage, I think I could get my city all ready (including reworked/rebuilt sets) and then collect, then apply the new city? Would that work?

It would be nice to move a set as a whole, but at least this way - if that would work - we can reconfigure, e.g. move the fountain in the piazza set to the other side or something, without penalty.
Relocating and adjusting sets while in RC mode does not reset the timers. It will only change the timers if the number of activations changes. For instance, if you start with pieces that are activated by 3 other set pieces and end up with only 2 activations, the timer will reset.

DeletedUser32904

What you have described seems very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaidi

Relocating and adjusting sets while in RC mode does not reset the timers. It will only change the timers if the number of activations changes. For instance, if you start with pieces that are activated by 3 other set pieces and end up with only 2 activations, the timer will reset.

Really? So I can rearrange my Piazza kit, for example, so the fountain is on the right rather than the left, and it won't reset? Wow, I had no idea. I thought you had to keep the set together as it was. Thanks!

Emberguard

Really? So I can rearrange my Piazza kit, for example, so the fountain is on the right rather than the left, and it won't reset? Wow, I had no idea. I thought you had to keep the set together as it was. Thanks!
Yeah that's correct. Done that outside of reconstruction mode on desktop and it didn't reset

DeletedUser38778

Maybe hit a wrong button somewhere along the way, but now when I open RC mode to make some changes it appears to show the midway progress of a previous change made. I am reluctant to try to use it to make the new changes I want for fear that it will mess up with the other buildings seemingly saved in there. How do I clear any previous saves or processes and start fresh with reconstructing new changes?

DeletedUser37581

Maybe hit a wrong button somewhere along the way, but now when I open RC mode to make some changes it appears to show the midway progress of a previous change made. I am reluctant to try to use it to make the new changes I want for fear that it will mess up with the other buildings seemingly saved in there. How do I clear any previous saves or processes and start fresh with reconstructing new changes?
When in reconstruction mode, there is a counter-clockwise circular arrow icon that will revert all changes.

DeletedUser38778

When in reconstruction mode, there is a counter-clockwise circular arrow icon that will revert all changes.
But it appears to be in the middle of a previous change. Will reverting now take it all the way back to prior to that old change?? I've made a number of moves and little changes since then.

DeletedUser37581

But it appears to be in the middle of a previous change. Will reverting now take it all the way back to prior to that old change?? I've made a number of moves and little changes since then.
Reverting will not affect your city. It will only restart your reconstruction from your city's current state.

Emberguard

Reconstruction mode was changed on the 4th due to player feedback to use a ongoing draft. Everytime you go into Reconstruction mode it'll work off your last unfinished edit. Like dontwannaname said you can use the revert button to reset the draft to your current city layout

Zatrikon

OK, now that I've played with it a little, I can see one or two areas for possible improvement. I still think it's a wonderful addition to the game, and a nice improvement over the previous version. (And even the previous version was very nice, too.)

1. There is no indication of whether buildings have the proper road connection or not. When you've "finished" arranging all the buildings, everything might look correct, but it's easy to overlook that a building is disconnected, or is connected only by a one-lane road when it needs a two-lane road. There are two possible ways to address this problem:

a. Have a floating "disconnected" icon over the building, like we do in the normal city view. This might be slightly annoying when you're reconstructing the city - you already know that most of your buildings are disconnected while you're rearranging, and it might be distracting to have all those floating broken chains.

b. Have an indication of a buildings connection status when you hover over the building. Currently, all you get is the name of the building, and no information about it. The only way to get information about the building is to look at it in the Reconstruction Menu.

2. As mentioned in 1b, above, you don't get any information about the buildings when they're placed in the city, other than the building's name. For most buildings, this probably doesn't matter much, but for the combo-buildings from events, like the Royal Garden and especially the Winter Village, it's hard to tell how many adjacent buildings you have in order to get the maximum benefits from those buildings. It would be useful to have that information pop up when hovering over the buildings. Come to think of it, this is pretty much only a problem for the Winter Village. For the Cherry Garden and the Piazza and the Classical Garden, it's not really a problem.

DeletedUser36624

I think a "road check" button would be better. Or maybe "connection check" that also puts the number of set connections over the building. Then you don't have to deal with annoying icons floating over buildings while you're moving stuff around.

Emberguard

I think a "road check" button would be better. Or maybe "connection check" that also puts the number of set connections over the building. Then you don't have to deal with annoying icons floating over buildings while you're moving stuff around.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Toggle it on and off would be the most useful.