• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

Algona

Been stuck for 4 days because of the second wave, this event sucks.

Welcome to the game. I see from your RP that you just started. Here's how to effectively get help. go to the Questions forum and start a new thread there and ask a question. For example:

I'm stuck on a 2 wave fight on Quest #, can someone help me? Here are the troops I'm against [list of troops] with combat bonus of [%]. I'm in [Era] with a combat bonus of [%].

DeletedUser34947

Good event - I am enjoying the minigame and like to see that the maximum level of the WF is not a "gimmie". Good job.

One thing that I wish were different - I'm not a fan of the daily specials and would much rather be able to work the minigame when I want without needing to save all for one day to maximize. Some of the past events have been better at flexibility than others.

- KQ -

Good event - I am enjoying the minigame and like to see that the maximum level of the WF is not a "gimmie". Good job.

One thing that I wish were different - I'm not a fan of the daily specials and would much rather be able to work the minigame when I want without needing to save all for one day to maximize. Some of the past events have been better at flexibility than others.

I agree about the daily specials. I prefer it when they have specials that last 6 or 8 or 12 hours. I'm especially a fan of 6 hour rotations because things come up more frequently.

DeletedUser28095

Ditto regarding daily specials. I like this event mingame a lot, but Inno effectively stops players from playing it with crap daily special prizes. Make the daily specials worthwhile (no garbage stuff like Victory Towers/VT upgrades, kiosk, or even Store Buildings) AND change them frequently so that one can continue to progress through and enjoy the event minigame!

Graviton

Ditto regarding daily specials. I like this event mingame a lot, but Inno effectively stops players from playing it with crap daily special prizes. Make the daily specials worthwhile (no garbage stuff like Victory Towers/VT upgrades, kiosk, or even Store Buildings) AND change them frequently so that one can continue to progress through and enjoy the event minigame!

Too many "good" prizes and next we'll be complaining that we don't get enough event currency to get a prize every day. I don't mind the less-than-desireable dailies so I can save up for the good ones.

DeletedUser33179

When does this event end?

Click to open up the Event Quest window - that spot which tells you which quest you're currently working on (not the dig site area). At the top of that quest panel is a countdown timer, indicating exactly how much longer until the event ends (which, incidentally, is the same setup for all events).

DeletedUser36100

Welp, looks like I'm screwed, should have listened to all those people who played beta and said concentrate only on idols. I really wanted a level 10.

Yeah I came here to see how many other folks are going to miss getting a Lvl 10 (without diamonds).

But I have found the event to be fun.

Altercus

I'm one of those likely not to get a level 10. Probably will manage to get a level 9 if my luck doesn't absolutely suck from here on out but that's certainly a possibility. Not a big fan of "guess the correct strategy, have good luck or spend diamonds to complete" model that Inno seems to be increasingly using for events. Events are a grind even at the best of times. Complete a questline get a complete building. Not this "hey guys, can you guess the correct strategy on this one" crap.

RazorbackPirate

Yeah I came here to see how many other folks are going to miss getting a Lvl 10 (without diamonds).

But I have found the event to be fun.
Not sure where I'll end up yet. I haven't played since the Kiosk was up. I don't yet have a level 10 Fair yet, but I don't yet think it's out of reach. Hopefully, we'll get a DS worth going for soon so I can play again. In my world with the highest level, I need about 60 more idols, the last quest's upgrade taking me to lvl 10.

I think it's still doable for me, but I do have about 2,500 free diamonds in reserve, if needed.

DeletedUser36624

I'm one of those likely not to get a level 10. Probably will manage to get a level 9 if my luck doesn't absolutely suck from here on out but that's certainly a possibility. Not a big fan of "guess the correct strategy, have good luck or spend diamonds to complete" model that Inno seems to be increasingly using for events. Events are a grind even at the best of times. Complete a questline get a complete building. Not this "hey guys, can you guess the correct strategy on this one" crap.
Your problem is that you are guessing at a strategy rather than working one out. A great deal of information is available from beta, as well as initial feedback from live.

Zatrikon

As a general rule, I don't really want any buildings of any type for Daily Specials. I just don't have the room for them. I'd rather have Store Buildings or One-Up Kits, or things like that.

Algona

INNO has adopted an interesting twist on recent Events. They haven;t explicitly stated it, but they are presenting a choice: you can either chase the main prize or the dauly prizes as an overall strategy.

In this case, if you use a lot of tools to get at Vases, you won't get as many Idols and vice versa.

I suspect the folk who will get lvl 10 left a lot of Vases in the sand while chasing the idols. That;s what I did, and I'm pretty sure I'll get lvl 10 in both cities. I still cracked a lot of Vases that got uncovered while chasing Idols. I only went into the sand pits when the Daily prize was something i was interested in.

Two recommendations for the next Event before you spend a lot of Event Currency or go deep into the Event minigame.

1) Come to the forums in the first few days of the Event. There's a lot of good players who will discuss strategies for the Event. Consider their advice.

2) Decide your priority of chasing the main prize or the daily prizes, form your strategy based on that and stick to it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

INNO has adopted an interesting twist on recent Events. They haven;t explicitly stated it, but they are presenting a choice: you can either chase the main prize or the dauly prizes as an overall strategy.
This^^

DeletedUser38138

They moved up the clock 6 hours for the daily quest for May 16.

Never mind. They fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40061

got 2 cracked vases...used up my last remaining tnt and wouldnt you know it, after spent all my shovels and brushes, i unearthed 2 gold statues at the last minute.:mad: