• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Delete LoA for Himeji?

DeletedUser40311

Title is pretty self explanatory. With HC being a VF building it is understandable to think it will provide your supply production through out the ages. Only supply buildings would be needed for quests. That being said despite loa’s small footprint could it be demolished in exchange? As well as RaH although I haven’t even built that and don’t really plan to

Update: Thank you all for the responses. Also I was not aware of the immense supply requirement in the late tech trees, I was assuming supplies would mainly only be needed for goods production. Also I am still low age and loa is only lvl 3 (bc supplies are just so easy to come by in hma higher lvl hasn’t been needed). My plans for HC don’t start for a while as arc is priority rn, so I still have some deliberation to do

Another update: This thread is getting a lot more replies than I thought. And unfortunately a large portion of the community seems very split, some people say delete, as HC provides plenty of supplies, some say disregard supply production as loa is more useful for goods in high ages, and some like to use loa for RQs (personally despise RQs, while effective as it may be I hate scrolling through that crap 100 times a day). Also as a counter to my other update regarding the supply requirements in late tech trees, if I built the HC now in hma, it should produce millions of excess throughout the ages that by the time I actually hit those ages I would hope id have enough

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Since LoA boosts the supplies from all special buildings that give supplies, I would say no. At least that's my plan.

HC will be one of my next GBs, the amount of supplies it provides is a big plus. However, I don't want to pick up a supply boost with one hand and dump a supply boost I've already invested in with the other. Even in my early age, I've still got plenty of room for plenty more special buildings. With the rate of release of event buildings, it is not inconceivable to think I'll get close to 40 special buildings with supplies that could be boosted.

For me, excess supplies just mean more RQs. Should coins start running short, I can level up St. Mark's some more. I just can't see the downside of having more than I can use, when I can always convert the excess to goods and the goods to FPs.

DeletedUser29726

It's certainly possible if you haven't invested heavily in supplies and are going to powerlevel Himeji to rest on it entirely for supply production for the rest of your play so far (albeit a little time limiting as the most recent tech tree additions would take months of HC production just in tech unlocks) - you might also combine it with the supply rewards from chateau boosted spend FP quests which is where many high age players got most of their supplies pre-Himeji anyways. I do know some high age players who have deleted their lighthouse by now. Most have not though.

That said, Lighthouse is *tiny* at 4x4 - You're not likely to gain much with that space unless you're camping a really really low age that's heavily space limited. I would agree with potentially not building Royal Albert - but I always would've agreed with that unless you had some very specific strategic reason for it since it is quite large.

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

I wouldn't delete if I had already built it but if I hadnt built loa and had a decent way to get bp and goods for HC, I would probably get HC, skipping LOA.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm planning to delete my level 14 Lighthouse in my main world which is camped in Iron Age, my level 10 HC and level 67 Chateau make it unnecessary. In this case space takes precedence. I also have well over a hundred sets of prints, so can rebuild it at a future date if I think it becomes worthwhile. I am also getting ready to delete my ToB and Oracle for the same reasons, and they will both go before the lighthouse as I need the space for my next great buildings.

- KQ -

I've got a Level 22 Himeji Castle that produces 650K supplies per day. I deleted a level 10 Lighthouse of Alexandria and a level 10 Royal Albert Hall after Himeji Castle hit level 10. I devoted the space to buildings that produce forge points. I've got a level 44 Chateau Frontenac and I do more recurring quests daily than I really want to. My stash of supplies grows by tens of thousands every day. When I get it to the supposed sweet spot of 58, it will be producing nearly 2.2 million supplies per day.

DeletedUser

Talking about supplies is kind of silly, isn't it? I mean, who doesn't have plenty of supplies? Unless you're a brand new player who hasn't figured anything out yet, you should always have plenty of supplies. The main benefit of the LoA and RAH is the goods they produce. If you're going to focus solely on the supply boost they provide, then you should never even build them in the first place.

DeletedUser29726

Talking about supplies is kind of silly, isn't it? I mean, who doesn't have plenty of supplies? Unless you're a brand new player who hasn't figured anything out yet, you should always have plenty of supplies. The main benefit of the LoA and RAH is the goods they produce. If you're going to focus solely on the supply boost they provide, then you should never even build them in the first place.

*trying to figure out if this is sarcasm...*

Emberguard

I wouldn't delete if I had already built it but if I hadnt built loa and had a decent way to get bp and goods for HC, I would probably get HC, skipping LOA.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

LoA might be needed at some point depending on the city, but probably not for a long time if you've already got Himeji

Agent327

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

LoA might be needed at some point depending on the city, but probably not for a long time if you've already got Himeji

Depends on what angle you look at it. If it is about supplies you have a point, but what about goods? I have always relied on my GB's to produce the unrefined goods I needed. That has now changed a bit with all the special buildings that produce oods without needing the unrefined good, but still. Goods I can now sell for fp's. Supplies I can not really do much with.

RazorbackPirate

Depends on what angle you look at it. If it is about supplies you have a point, but what about goods? I have always relied on my GB's to produce the unrefined goods I needed. That has now changed a bit with all the special buildings that produce oods without needing the unrefined good, but still. Goods I can now sell for fp's. Supplies I can not really do much with.
Supplies can always be turned into FPs and refined goods to sell for FPs via RQs. With supplies most always the limit to the number I can do, more supplies means more FPs, without the constant cost creep of buying FPs with coins.

Emberguard

Yeah totally with you on that one. Though if the goal is purely to use the GB to sell for goods which age would you be putting it in?

- KQ -

I can't speak for anyone else, but I got to the point where I didn't need them for the supply boost or the goods. And I disagree about the main benefit being goods, at least in my case. It all depends on how you build your city. For me supplies were always more of an issue than goods. As my city has developed I didn't need Lighthouse of Alexandria or Royal Albert Hall for either.

Kranyar the Mysterious

LoA for goods is redundant with a decent Chateau. 15 or even 50 goods per day for a full expansion's worth of space stops seeming like a good deal when you can produce those same goods (or better ones) in 20 seconds with zero space used, and maybe pick up some forge points too as a bonus.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ok, good point about the space, but I guess that just shows how essential I consider the Chateau to be when I don't even consider the space it takes. Plus that space used provides fp, making it a good deal for that alone, before even considering the goods.

As to other buildings used to provide the RQ's, I could live on spend fp quests alone and never do an UBQ if I wanted, so do I need to consider the Arc's space or other fp production too?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok, good point about the space, but I guess that just shows how essential I consider the Chateau to be when I don't even consider the space it takes. Plus that space used provides fp, making it a good deal for that alone, before even considering the goods.

As to other buildings used to provide the RQ's, I could live on spend fp quests alone and never do an UBQ if I wanted, so do I need to consider the Arc's space or other fp production too?
I would say yes.

DeletedUser36624

How does the space provide fp if you don't consider the goods?