• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hall of Fame

DeletedUser36228

Good afternoon folks

Following the extremely sad loss of Twomsuk (a long-standing and well respected player on EN server) recently, we would like to propose that Inno has a Hall of Fame, where those who have gone the extra mile and given their time, patience and knowledge to all of those within the game can be remembered.

I personally think this would be great way to honour their dedication to Inno. This proposal would apply separately to each server, but needs support across every server we can get, so Inno sees the interest. For the US server, it would apply strictly to a US server player. We are still trying to work out all the details , but need the interest first to show Inno its wanted. Ideally I would like to see the players have the basic control of posting a person deserving of this with a mod over seeing it. I also think there should be some minimal requirements like possibly length of play, but not sure how that would work. We are open to any and all suggestions. We just want some way to honor those players who have made a great impact on their world, and passed on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galechade

Totally agree. Twom will be greatly missed by many. she was a classy lady always willing to help anyone. ♥ RIP Twomsuk ♥

All, what we are proposing is a possible dedicated thread to those long term players who have gone above and beyond. This would also be someplace where those of us who knew that person could go to pay our respects. Twom was a wonderful, long standing player, always helpful, never sat in judgement of anyone and from my understanding a mod on the EN server as well. Her passing has hit a lot of the players hard on that server and this one. She will be missed by many on both servers.

Last edited:

Algona

The idea seems great but, well, who are you people?

I understand and sympathize that you are from the en server, and that you want to honour your friend, but why here?

Also, would INNO select who gets put into the Thread of Fame? (I initially thought this thread was about the Special Building) Or would there be some player interaction?

Galechade

We both play on the US server as well. I play B, C and once in a while on D. This proposal would apply separately to each server, but needs support across every server we can get, so Inno sees the interest. For the US server, it would apply strictly to a US server player. We are still trying to work out all the details , but need the interest first to show Inno its wanted. Ideally I would like to see the players have the basic control of posting a person deserving of this with a mod over seeing it. I also think there should be some minimal requirements like possibly length of play, but not sure how that would work. We are open to any and all suggestions. We just want some way to honor those players who have made a great impact on their world, and passed on.

DeletedUser37617

It sounds nice... but how would you even pick who to put on the hall of fame? I mean, not everyone who plays this game even goes here to the forms ( I know I didn't for several months) so would the players get 'nominated' by other players? And how would you tell/what criteria are you looking for to tell if someone is 'worthy' to be on the hall of fame? Going the extra mile etc is something that in my opinion can be 'faked' by someone who knows the criteria and simply wants to get onto the hall of fame.

Algona

We both play on the US server as well. I play B, C and once in a while on D. This proposal would apply separately to each server, but needs support across every server we can get, so Inno sees the interest. For the US server, it would apply strictly to a US server player. We are still trying to work out all the details , but need the interest first to show Inno its wanted. Ideally I would like to see the players have the basic control of posting a person deserving of this with a mod over seeing it. I also think there should be some minimal requirements like possibly length of play, but not sure how that would work. We are open to any and all suggestions. We just want some way to honor those players who have made a great impact on their world, and passed on.

Outstanding. Strong suggestion, ask Lady Snowblood to edit her post to reflect a lot of what you just said. Explain the idea deeper in the first post so that the more 'hasty' readers have the opportunity to understand what you are asking.

I do like the idea. Needs refinement but could be a nice addition to the forum. I may have some suggestions after I ponder it a while.

Good luck.

DeletedUser36228

Outstanding. Strong suggestion, ask Lady Snowblood to edit her post to reflect a lot of what you just said. Explain the idea deeper in the first post so that the more 'hasty' readers have the opportunity to understand what you are asking.

I do like the idea. Needs refinement but could be a nice addition to the forum. I may have some suggestions after I ponder it a while.

Good luck.

Thank you for this suggestion Algona. I have now included Gale's additions to this initiative in my original post :)

DeletedUser33179

If you're referring to making a thread dedicated to a player when they pass away, we each have freedom to do that at any time - share stories & comfort each other. Go ahead, is a nice gesture. IMHO Would be much more appropriate to make a thread individually instead of a mass thread of many who have died.

However you 1st two posters appear to be suggesting making such a thread be exclusive only those dead players who met certain criteria. And this idea of yours came out of your experiences over a friend who recently passed away.

I mean what I'm about to say with absolute sincerity, absent of sarcasm or any other such nonsense...

Look into yourselves privately. Look hard at who you knew Twomsuk to be at heart. @galechade describes her as " a classy lady always willing to help anyone. ... always helpful, never sat in judgement of anyone ..."

If she never judged anyone, is it a fitting tribute to her to make an ongoing remembrance thread that'd only include players found worthy in their game play, those meeting some yet to be defined "minimal requirements"?

Would she be equally heartbroken and supportive to others for a dead player with 3 months playing experience as she would be for a dead player with 5 years experience? How about for a hapless guildie compared to a guild founder? If the answer is "yes", then please consider honoring who she was by proposing that any can be honored without exception within your remembrance threads.

Listen to all, help & support all. This is about the meaning of Life. This game is not important. Don't attach this game (or any other) in any way to Life when remembering a soul that's passed.

DeletedUser

While I understand the sentiment that drives this suggestion, I have a few issues with it. First, no matter how important a player may be to some other players, even the best player only affects a very small portion of a game world. That leads to my second issue with it, and that is how the "honorees" would be chosen. I can just see all sorts of problems and complaints resulting from certain players being included and others not. A related question would be whether this would include only players who have passed away, or also include players who quit for real life reasons. Along with that would be the question of how exactly we would know if a player passed away or simply quit. I know that some players know each other outside the game, but what if the most helpful and well-liked player on a world knew no one outside the game and one day simply disappeared?

A further issue would be how many threads each country's server would have. The US server has 26 worlds. Potentially, if we allowed players from the past (back to the game's beginning) to be included, there could be many, many honorees. If there were only one US "Thread of Fame" as @Algona called it, and you factor in any tributes or rememberances that would be posted, you can see that it would be a long thread where individual honorees would be lost in the pages and pages of posts. Now think about any players that would not have a positive view of an honoree, and might well post their differing opinions. Long time Forum readers can see where that would end. Not well.

Like I said, I appreciate the underlying sentiment. I just don't see it working the way you're envisioning it. Way too many potential pitfalls along the way.

(This is my opinion as a player, although it is informed further by my experiences as a moderator.)

DreadfulCadillac

ems, paramedics please.my brain has suffered a shock overload as the fact that hall of fame, other wise known has HOF already exsist.so do you mean the player is dead?like i do not understand

DeletedUser

ems, paramedics please.my brain has suffered a shock overload as the fact that hall of fame, other wise known has HOF already exsist.so do you mean the player is dead?like i do not understand
They're talking about a "hall of fame" thread in the Forum to honor certain deceased players.

Galechade

This honor would not be for just any founder or guild member. This is a very special or elite honor for someone who has had an affect on many more members all across a particular world or multiple worlds. In the case of Twom, she was not only a founder, but also a senior in-game moderator for quite some time (as I just found out her official title) so touched many lives. Not one person has had anything bad to say about her including those she had to temporarily ban. Everyone who she came in contact with went away with a better understanding of this game and sometimes how to get along with others better.

As for choosing who this person might be, maybe by the vote of the players. That's details that still need to be worked out. Do we go back to the beginning of the game for this? No, as too many players who started back then have now quit the game, and they are the ones who should have say for anyone from then.

@ Clara Osgood, there are already threads to say farewell to players who have either passed away or left the game for whatever reason. Again, this is not the same. I do take a bit of an issue with your last sentence, "This is about the meaning of Life. This game is not important. Don't attach this game (or any other) in any way to Life when remembering a soul that's passed". If it wasn't for this game, we would never have met most of these people to even care about who and what they are. I, personally, now have many friends all over the world because of FoE and we have become good friends.

Stephen, is it possible to have a tiered-type thread for lack of a better term. Think of it like a book. The main thread would be the book "Hall of Fame Members", the chapters would be the deceased person's name and within each "chapter" could be the messages from the players. That way the thread would be very organized. Is that something that could be doable?

All, I appreciate your thoughts and opinions on how best to approach and support this and thank you for them.

DeletedUser

Stephen, is it possible to have a tiered-type thread for lack of a better term. Think of it like a book. The main thread would be the book "Hall of Fame Members", the chapters would be the deceased person's name and within each "chapter" could be the messages from the players. That way the thread would be very organized. Is that something that could be doable?
Someone higher up the food chain would have to answer that, quite possibly someone at Inno HQ. Format and layout of the Forum is beyond the scope of the active Forum staff from what I understand. And that seems to include Community Managers.

DeletedUser33179

This honor would not be for just any founder or guild member. This is a very special or elite honor for someone who has had an affect on many more members all across a particular world or multiple worlds. In the case of Twom, she was not only a founder, but also a senior in-game moderator for quite some time (as I just found out her official title) so touched many lives. Not one person has had anything bad to say about her including those she had to temporarily ban. Everyone who she came in contact with went away with a better understanding of this game and sometimes how to get along with others better.

As for choosing who this person might be, maybe by the vote of the players. That's details that still need to be worked out. Do we go back to the beginning of the game for this? No, as too many players who started back then have now quit the game, and they are the ones who should have say for anyone from then.

@ Clara Osgood, there are already threads to say farewell to players who have either passed away or left the game for whatever reason. Again, this is not the same. I do take a bit of an issue with your last sentence, "This is about the meaning of Life. This game is not important. Don't attach this game (or any other) in any way to Life when remembering a soul that's passed". If it wasn't for this game, we would never have met most of these people to even care about who and what they are. I, personally, now have many friends all over the world because of FoE and we have become good friends.

All, I appreciate your thoughts and opinions on how best to approach and support this and thank you for them.

You deliberately chose to avoid my point entirely. Apparently you can't see past your own self-importance to see the bigger picture.

So, let me make it clearer...

It is an absolutely pathetic tribute to your friend - who by your own testament judged no one & helped everyone - to propose a permanent addition to all FoE forums to memorialize only an elite few, something well above & beyond what all other deceased players are allowed to have. Such an elitist snobby idea completely contradicts her all-inclusive daily behavior. It's a crying shame that in trying to work through your loss, all you're currently demonstrating is an abysmal lack of insight into Life lessons she taught over & over again by personal example.

DeletedUser36301

It is an absolutely pathetic tribute to your friend - who by your own testament judged no one & helped everyone - to propose a permanent addition to all FoE forums to memorialize only an elite few, something well above & beyond what all other deceased players are allowed to have. Such an elitist snobby idea completely contradicts her all-inclusive daily behavior. It's a crying shame that in trying to work through your loss, all you're currently demonstrating is an abysmal lack of insight into Life lessons she taught over & over again by personal example.

As you know not of who we speak, I would respectfully ask you to keep your disrespectful comments to yourself.

DeletedUser36301

While I understand the sentiment that drives this suggestion, I have a few issues with it. First, no matter how important a player may be to some other players, even the best player only affects a very small portion of a game world. That leads to my second issue with it, and that is how the "honorees" would be chosen. I can just see all sorts of problems and complaints resulting from certain players being included and others not. A related question would be whether this would include only players who have passed away, or also include players who quit for real life reasons. Along with that would be the question of how exactly we would know if a player passed away or simply quit. I know that some players know each other outside the game, but what if the most helpful and well-liked player on a world knew no one outside the game and one day simply disappeared?

A further issue would be how many threads each country's server would have. The US server has 26 worlds. Potentially, if we allowed players from the past (back to the game's beginning) to be included, there could be many, many honorees. If there were only one US "Thread of Fame" as @Algona called it, and you factor in any tributes or rememberances that would be posted, you can see that it would be a long thread where individual honorees would be lost in the pages and pages of posts. Now think about any players that would not have a positive view of an honoree, and might well post their differing opinions. Long time Forum readers can see where that would end. Not well.

Like I said, I appreciate the underlying sentiment. I just don't see it working the way you're envisioning it. Way too many potential pitfalls along the way.

(This is my opinion as a player, although it is informed further by my experiences as a moderator.)

Whilst I have read your input, it seems that we lack the ability to honour those who have given more and helped others.

But ha I am receiving a far better response from the UK forum so I will continue my efforts there, where compassion, loyalty and basic human morals still exist.

DeletedUser33179

As you know not of who we speak, I would respectfully ask you to keep your disrespectful comments to yourself.

I have been & will continue to be fully respectful of what others have said about the caring, universal altruistic nature of your deceased friend. I find it comforting that such a person made herself known to so many.

What I have done (first gently & then more firmly), & will continue to do (as is my right), is disagree with you/your two friends' current actions/plans/statements here in the forum. The fact that a consistently kind soul has passed gives no one the right to behave the way they please with apparent expectations that no one else should challenge them.

In her death, you/others wish to setup a permanent system within FoE forums -- via InnoGames' public agreement, creation & enforcement -- to blatantly discriminate in an ongoing manner against all those other players who have/will die whom you decide are not "worthy" of equal public remembrance or compassion. The popular, elite few who are deceased shall have a permanent subforum solely in their honor. All the rest are only allowed to have a random thread made about them, with all such threads being rapidly swallowed up alongside every other thread within the hundreds of pages of past forum postings.

You are all acting towards other players in her death exactly how she never acted towards any players in her life.

Agent327

Isn't that exactly the problem with this proposal?

You will have a hall of fame with people hardly anyone knows. They mean something to you, but nothing to others. Most players will not even know who Anwar was.

On my world they renamed the guild to honor someone. There are plenty of ways to do it.

Last edited: