• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Delete LoA for Himeji?

Agent327

Yeah totally with you on that one. Though if the goal is purely to use the GB to sell for goods which age would you be putting it in?

Answering that would be hindsight. Game changes. More and more special buildings and sets make it so you need less and less original buildings. You can now play the game without goods or culture buildings. I started out with LoA. Invested in it, to a point where removing it does not make sense. Last two era's OF and VF I still needed it, cause tghe amount of supplies needed for the techtree went up like crazy. Now, with Mars comming that amount has dropped again. So the choice is either to drop it or use what it gives. That's goods and goods I can sell.

Agent327

Supplies can always be turned into FPs and refined goods to sell for FPs via RQs. With supplies most always the limit to the number I can do, more supplies means more FPs, without the constant cost creep of buying FPs with coins.

You can not turn supplies into fp's. You can use them on RQ's, but there is no fp guarantee.

RazorbackPirate

You can not turn supplies into fp's. You can use them on RQ's, but there is no fp guarantee.
There is a FP guarantee. There's a 1/16 chance every time and actual performance testing backs up that average. Actual results show that on average, 1 out of every 16 RQs gives you a 5 FP pack. Does that mean one every 16 RQs? No, but when you're spinning 100+ a day, I've never had a day that I did NOT turn supplies into both guaranteed goods and guaranteed FPs. Pretty much 62/63 5 FP packs every 1,000 RQs or so. About as iron clad as it gets.

DeletedUser40311

There is a FP guarantee. There's a 1/16 chance every time and actual performance testing backs up that average. Actual results show that on average, 1 out of every 16 RQs gives you a 5 FP pack. Does that mean one every 16 RQs? No, but when you're spinning 100+ a day, I've never had a day that I did NOT turn supplies into both guaranteed goods and guaranteed FPs. Pretty much 62/63 5 FP packs every 1,000 RQs or so. About as iron clad as it gets.

Although this is true my question was regarding HC, and while although it does give a massive amount of supplies, it does not give them in small increments needed for RQs

RazorbackPirate

Although this is true my question was regarding HC, and while although it does give a massive amount of supplies, it does not give them in small increments needed for RQs
All supplies can be used for RQs via the Unbirthday Quest. Every age has it. It's about total supplies to spin on RQs, not collecting one RQ from collecting HC. As long as I make more coins per day than supplies, I'm in favor of more supplies. More supplies means more RQs.

DeletedUser40311

All supplies can be used for RQs via the Unbirthday Quest. Every age has it. It's about total supplies to spin on RQs, not collecting one RQ from collecting HC. As long as I make more coins per day than supplies, I'm in favor of more supplies. More supplies means more RQs.

Ahhh you are right I forgot about UBQ, in fact you have a good point there. In hma right now I have a massive surplus coins compared to supplies, with HC I could UBQ all day... not that I’m particularly a fan of RQs but it is very rewarding

Agent327

That's a chance and a chance is not a guarantee. On a roulette wheel in a casiono there is almost a 1/2 chance red comes up. That is much better than your 1/6 chance. How come people still lose money?

DeletedUser40311

That's a chance and a chance is not a guarantee. On a roulette wheel in a casiono there is almost a 1/2 chance red comes up. That is much better than your 1/6 chance. How come people still lose money?

They are comparing HC to LoA. The argument was that LoA is not worth deleting because although HC gives more supplies, LoA gives you goods. But the counter argument is that using UBQs is very likely to give u the same amount of goods if not more, PLUS the fp. Even if you get 0 fp you should still get more goods from UBQ than the loa on a daily basis, and thereby more fp.

- KQ -

They are comparing HC to LoA. The argument was that LoA is not worth deleting because although HC gives more supplies, LoA gives you goods. But the counter argument is that using UBQs is very likely to give u the same amount of goods if not more, PLUS the fp. Even if you get 0 fp you should still get more goods from UBQ than the loa on a daily basis, and thereby more fp.

You're exactly right. Agent may be correct in the short term, but in the long term it would average out for the Forge Point packages. The Forge Points are just a bonus when I'm doing my recurring questing while I collect. Goods are what makes it worthwhile for me. A level ten Chateau will provide most people with enough goods to do Guild Expeditions to completion most weeks, especially if you fight through the first level or two.

The thing is, so many people speak in absolutes on the forum and there is a lot of leeway in how to play the game and no one right way to play.

Agent327

But what players do UBQ's? Players at the end of the techtree. Players that are temporary stuck and campers.

Deleting LoA for HC ( consider the big difference in age ) is nothing more than camper advice. Now look at the players in the game. Do we have more players that actually want to play the game, or more campers?

- KQ -

But what players do UBQ's? Players at the end of the techtree. Players that are temporary stuck and campers.

Deleting LoA for HC ( consider the big difference in age ) is nothing more than camper advice. Now look at the players in the game. Do we have more players that actually want to play the game, or more campers?

I'd infer from your comment (and many previously) that you're against "camping" as a game style. That's your opinion on one style of playing the game. I know people that do recurring quests and Unbirthday Quests as part of their strategy and they're certainly not campers. Recurring quests are an easy way to deal with Daily Challenges and event quests to produce X amount of goods, supplies or coins quickly and on demand.

As I said in my previous post "The thing is, so many people speak in absolutes on the forum and there is a lot of leeway in how to play the game and no one right way to play."

RazorbackPirate

I don't have an issue with the camping play style, but I'm not a big fan of the term. The issue with the term is that there's no distinction between someone like @Salsuero who has no plans to move forward from his current age and others like me, who have parked in a single age for an extended period of time before moving on.

Both of my cities have been parked in their current ages for a year, but are close to moving on as all of my goals will soon be all met. I've got goals set for the next ages that will keep me parked there for a bit to work on those goals before moving on. When I set my goals for my current ages, I was digging out from being in over my head with no specific time frame attached, just specific goals to meet.

I suppose many would consider that camping, but I've always thought of it as parking. I've never had plans to stay in these ages indefinitely, it's just turned out to be an extended stay to meet my goals.

DeletedUser40311

Not trying to just bash you or anything, but it kind of is guaranteed. The law of large numbers states that the average of the results obtained in an experiment will approach theoretical probability as the number of trials grows infinitely large. Typically, you will start to see this effect around 1000 trials, though there is no set number.

Salsuero

someone like @Salsuero who has no plans to move forward from his current age and others like me, who have parked in a single age for an extended period of time before moving on.

I moved up from HMA to LMA recently. I'm planning to move up to Colonial soon. What are you even talking about?!? Is there a predetermined amount of time that we are allowed to play in an age before we are considered to have "no plans to move forward"? I've only been playing for 939 days -- basically 2-1/2 years. Just because I'm not in a hurry doesn't mean I have no plans.

RazorbackPirate

I moved up from HMA to LMA recently. I'm planning to move up to Colonial soon. What are you even talking about?!? Is there a predetermined amount of time that we are allowed to play in an age before we are considered to have "no plans to move forward"? I've only been playing for 939 days -- basically 2-1/2 years. Just because I'm not in a hurry doesn't mean I have no plans.
My apologies. Last time I recall you commenting, you seemed to be quite content in HMA with no plans of going anywhere. Now you do. To Mars and beyond.

Salsuero

My apologies. Last time I recall you commenting, you seemed to be quite content in HMA with no plans of going anywhere. Now you do. To Mars and beyond.

I never said that though. I simply said that I was happy in HMA while there. I never said I wasn't planning on going anywhere. I wanted to take my time... and I did. But I appreciate the apology just the same.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31540

LoA sucks — delete that sucker

I myself had been feeling this way for over a year and when HC came out it became all the more obvious and helped me pull the trigger

DeletedUser13838

In VF it takes 800k coin and supply for a RQ. At 1/16 that's nearly 13 million coins and supply for 5 fp or about 2.5 million per fp. Unless you bought way more fp than I have you're better off buying fp with coins and ignore your supplies.

Edit: I realize you're not in VF but just making a note that the math might make more sense to just buy fps rather than use RQs depending on where you are in the game (age, fp purchase history).

Last edited by a moderator: