• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

how long have you been playing come to rugnar and we will teach you lol
Over four years. And as soon as a decent size GvG guild wants to get rid of you, they will. And you know that as well as I do. Your limited success on one map against one obviously disinterested guild doesn't disprove years of evidence to the contrary.
Wow, Stephen, aren't you like breaking a moderator rule now, calling a customer a liar? Have any proof of that? Because you would lose on this.

You should use your "power" and go research the GvG results on the FE map in Rugnir for the last week. After you do that, you can come back here and apologize to Reaper for your libel.
One week on one map doesn't stack up against years of evidence.

Douglas 221

A couple things.
1) You stated you didn't believe it would get more players doing GvG by opening new ages because currently very few people play on the AA map. There are 2 things wrong with that assumption. On every world I play on The AA map is dominated by the top 2 or 3 Guilds, and the reason is simple, no goods are needed for sieges, only medals, and anyone with a decent level arc has millions of medals. So, the cost of sieges is meaningless, making it possible for a guild to own half the AA map. Secondly, mobile users do not have easy access to GvG, and the majority of new users are mobile users.
2) You haven't really been very specific about the new GvG so it is difficult to have an opinion. I do feel the current GvG is awkward and does not run well causing the need for frequent reboots during battle

If I read it correctly, they have decided NOT to improve GvG but instead create this new concept called Battle grounds. I agree with you that GvG gets awkward when we have to reboot half way thru a battle while the guild defending only has to take out our siege of 8.

DeletedUser17383

Please leave your feedback here in this thread and we'll look into your ideas and opinions. We'll collect feedback for the next two weeks (until 3rd June 2019), integrate feedback into the concept and share an update within 3 weeks (by 10th June 2019). We will also hold a live Q&A on Facebook & Instagram on the 22nd May 2019 at 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC). We hope you understand the reasons for this step and look forward to your feedback. Forge of Empires is played by millions of amazing players and together, we will make it even better!

DeletedUser14522

There are Battle Aspects to the game and Cultural Aspects. I hope in a new version land (prestige) can be acquired through some other means other than battle, which most of the time is simply stronger players using Auto Mode to sectors.
Time is also a factor - I remember when you folks tried to change Recalc to 10am ... what an awesome idea - I loved it but there were Loud whiners.
A nice addition would be adding the pressing of the Aid / Tavern button into the mix. Strong guilds are ones that help one another.

DeletedUser25795

I hope in a new version land (prestige) can be acquired through some other means other than battle

You can negotiate sectors like you do in GE. This new feature is basically GE 2.0 and is nothing like GvG.

Douglas 221

Begin Rant:

GvG is about long term tactics and alliances. We wage war, sign peace treaties, form alliances, and make enemies. New players are probably not interested in this, but older players certainly are. A 10 day battle against some random guilds sounds just like GE, which is boring. We invest in GvG because it requires thought and strategy. Dumbing it down so that more than "5%" of people participate will alienate those who have invested heavily in the current GvG system. These people are your core players! 76% of the people on my world are inactive according to foestats, and of the 24% that are counted as "active", most don't play competitively. If you take out competition, you will lose the folks who make the game interesting.

End Rant
From what I was reading they do not plan to eliminate GvG. They can not find an easy way to improve GvG for mobile players which a huge number of players in my guild only play on Mobile. Those 5 of 50 in my guild who do play GvG do as you said... wage war, sign peace treaties, form alliances, and make enemies. We do find GvG fun. But I personally am very curious about battle grounds. I think an added segment to the game which the entire guild can play on any platform, which we can still build alliances across worlds... a bit like GE. Something that no matter how high or low the player they can contribute, much like GE. From what I can tell, stronger guilds will have stronger competitions and stronger fights as they compete for the top spot. To me it sounds like this will be a great combination of both GvG and GE wrapped into one. Sadly, it sounds like guilds with several players who do not participate, like GE, will hurt the guild.

i2McAbre

So you are in effect adding another separate feature to the game that will further separate browser vs app users.

To me that is more complicated then simply doing away with a feature that only a few use.

I mean I could use one word as an example...

"Settlements"

Its been a few months now and there is not even any hint that another chapter is coming out anytime soon. There were images on the beta server that went poof soon after they were posted about.

This is a feature geared at an even smaller pool of users with the hopes that app users will try the new and improved version? Because they couldn't understand the original version?

Okee Dokee

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

One thing that is reinforced by reading through this thread is the disconnect between the GvG diehards and the reality of how the game and player base has evolved. They truly believe that they finance the game for everyone else, with no evidence, and they believe that the rest of us would be heavy GvGers too if only Inno would fix it and bring it to mobile, also with no evidence. Personally, I have avoided GvG even though I never experienced lag or other performance issues and despite the fact that I play mostly on PC. And I know there are many, many players like me in that.

I have no doubt there'd still be some people who wouldn't GvG even if it was more accessible - GvG has always been an appeal to a fraction of the player base.

I also have no doubt there'd be more GvG activity if it was available on mobile. I believe over half the player base at this time is mobile-only. Surely some of them would GvG.

While it's somewhat a self-fulfilling prophecy as battling in GvG is good for rankings, it does tend to be the top players (some of which have just played a long time and built their way up, some of which have spent to get there) who are most invested in GvG - including the ones with 40 pirate ships or 10 colossi that wouldn't have been cheap! And without GvG they likely wouldn't have been motivated to spend for that edge. It's safe to say there's a bias to GvG appealing to the whales.

Douglas 221

There are those of us who have invested much into GvG, and for us, it is the entire game.

Wont you be happy that they have not said they will discontinue GvG...but... instead of trying to do drastic improvements like allow it on mobile they will invest efforts into this new segment. So we will now have GE, GvG, and BG. I would say this is a win win win.

DeletedUser

Is that all?

Still haven't checked your facts, eh, Stephen? You really should.

Sure, someone will come after us before too long. So what? You know why, Stephen? Because it is a WAR GAME; not Farmville. I don't expect to beat a guild, grab their sectors and sit on them forever. We'll grab a few points and then be on our way for the next challenge.

It's apparent that you're the disgruntled one, here. Whatsa matter? Weren't any good at GvG and want to blame it on big mean guilds? It apparently bothers you that some players can have a world of fun in GvG and be quite successful without being in a big guild. If you want to learn, come on over, we will teach you how to play. :)
Sure, a small guild can have short term success on a limited basis, I've done that myself at times. Has no relevance to the long term domination of large established GvG guilds overall. Come back when you can take and hold areas on multiple maps for any decent length of time.

DeletedUser23634

Wont you be happy that they have not said they will discontinue GvG...but... instead of trying to do drastic improvements like allow it on mobile they will invest efforts into this new segment. So we will now have GE, GvG, and BG. I would say this is a win win win.
how about adding maps for all ages and fixing what we have

Douglas 221

I am excited to see new feature for the GVG But I'd like to add that old GVG Maps with the All Ages Map is what made me drop all other games and become a Diamond player... I am sure your game website need us as well to grow and make you always bring new stuff to the game so I suggest with releasing this new feature to do a reset once a year for the same maps of GVG one at a time starting from Iron age till all ages so for those of us who enjoy the old GVG Maps get to do the same of what we love over and over again :)

Thank you for consideration

Now THAT is a great idea. To continue rotating thru each age map resetting them. Each month a different map is reset so all of the guilds interested in that map can dig into a possible different area. Guilds who just sit in the same space while blocking sections of empty spaces to keep others from joining the map will have to defend those spaces. So with all the different age maps it would basically be yearly for a map to get reset. This would give the hardcore GvG guilds who like a good battle something to look forward if they do not like their position on the map.

DeletedUser37653

Folks, seriously, go back and reread the Announcement.

"Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you."

They Specifically said it won't Replace GVG, it'll just be a New Addition.

I just wanted to thank Algona and Skill199 for trying their best to set things right with everyone and point out some mistaken assumptions people are making. I read a lot of the responses too, and band wagonned thinking they had the right idea. I guess the whole announcement made a lot of people nervous, and we were like... "omg, why not just fix what we have? lol" Even still though, its hard to accept that a new idea is being put in without first going back and developing the beautiful part of the game that attracts so many people posting here!!!

I guess that included me. I had to go back and reread because I was nervous for my team. We work hard to try and do as well as we can in GvG. It's a good escapism / guilty pleasure. Getting to GvG for like an hour a day...just to see what we can do. Someone else posted that a lot of elder people play this game, but my guild has mostly younger people. It's pretty cool, my dad and grandfather got me into this. I just hope Inno can really commit to making GvG good and fair for everyone. Even though the new idea sounds like it will have some merits, if I had a voice I much rather would love to see inno focus attention on Gvg.

Status
Not open for further replies.