• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

I think that, if you don't add a tutorial, or make it very self-explanatory, it will certainly fail and become the same disgrace as GvG did. Clarity is essential, no matter how great this new addition may be, it will never soar if it is not understood, enjoyed, and most importantly, accepted by the FOE community.
How are you doing with Settlements? They didn't give a tutorial and most seemed to have figure it out.

DeletedUser26263

GvG needs new maps. This proposal without upgrading the real GvG situation is dumb.

I'm going to venture a guess -- an educated one, but nevertheless a guess. Innogames developed the GvG modules on an old platform, one with limited ability to become portable between operating systems and mobile environments. Without a total re-write of the engines, they CAN'T fix it. Doing the work needed is cost prohibitive. This proposal is a deflection - "Look a shiny new object everyone!" Again I say this with all respect. If it works for them, more power to them.

Betcha.

DeletedUser38934

Keep the Original GvG the way it is. There are fighters in non-GvG guilds and i believe this is what your trying to address. Main intention of this idea is to make the map smaller so mobile users can see the Arena.

1. Have a bracketed 1v1 2v2 etc.. type system that people can que in to solo or with friends/guildmates. Have the map size and ARMY size differ with the number of people playing. For example the 1v1 map would be much smaller, and have a smaller army then the 8v8 map and therefore much easier to see and use on a mobile. Limit matches to 10 per day per team/player.

2. There can be a GvG team section(which rewards guild and indiv) as well as a section for individuals (which rewards only individuals not the guild)

3. All participants will start with the same army types and bonuses and only through earning battle points can a player can upgrade their army. OR Use the power of the city's great buildings and Keep the fighters in their own age/era bracket.

4. Have people matched up by a battle ranking system, not at random. For example, one team/person is 3-15 and holds a ranking of 92 total battle points. Another player is 15-0 and holds 325 battle points these players shouldn't be matched together immediately if a more worthy opponent is waiting in que. Points can not only be gained but Also lost, (taking in to account the point differential) the more points can be earned / lost from each battle. If team X with 450 points fights a team Y with 23 ranking points team x will gain very little with a win, but lose a lot if they lose. Essentially a team will earn more battle points when they fight and win against stronger teams.

5. Reward system should be a user choose-able store and include: Army strength upgrades, Forge points, Goods, Potions(that can only be used in PvP, and cosmetic items for the army itself, which may or may not provide bonuses. Also with enough battle points a player can earn something nice and upgrade-able for their city.

These are just a few bullet points to try to explain a very complicated system, but from the standpoint of fairness and fun i think this will be better then the current system, and will attract mobile users.

I thought i should post this again after the ridiculous nonsensical fighting that gets people nowhere.

DeletedUser25994

They will be rewarded, and rewarded quite handsomely. I am sure there'll be a whole number of event diamond buyers who will do exactly what you did (notice the verb tenses, they're important.) Those who pay to gain advantage now have something entirely new to gain advantage in. With Attrition, even you would have a reason to start buying diamonds to build your A/D GBs, you will never have enough, but you can pay to fight longer. I suspect others will choose to pay to level their Chateau and other goods GBs.

Y'all act like you're the only ones playing the game. I guess when you're on for 2 hours around recalc to play with the same handful of players from the entire server, you would think you're the only ones playing. GvG anyway and that's the point. As I said in a previous post, "I hear the distant sound of ringing cash registers approaching." So does Inno. As soon as GBG is released.
Fighting GVG is part of the game. The best part and IT'S BROKEN. NEW AGES...NO NEW MAPS. Diamonds are only spent by smart players to get event bldg's and sets. You are so wrong about spending diamonds to level GB's. This shows you're a noob and should just stick to what you know...nothing so take off and leave this to the players that have been using this site for years and know how to play the game. GE is waiting..maybe get yourself a few C map negotiations in too. Bye

DeletedUser25994

Keep the Original GvG the way it is. There are fighters in non-GvG guilds and i believe this is what your trying to address. Main intention of this idea is to make the map smaller so mobile users can see the Arena.

Not an option to leave it the way it is. New maps are a must. Go ahead and make another GE but the least thing that must be done is adding the new maps.

DeletedUser26263

Make the new module a good one -- keep it updated and fix the old issues that degrade game play and I'm all for it.

Liberty

I'm going to venture a guess -- an educated one, but nevertheless a guess. Innogames developed the GvG modules on an old platform, one with limited ability to become portable between operating systems and mobile environments. Without a total re-write of the engines, they CAN'T fix it. Doing the work needed is cost prohibitive. This proposal is a deflection - "Look a shiny new object everyone!" Again I say this with all respect. If it works for them, more power to them.

Betcha.
Then don't port it do a different operating system or to mobile. At the very least, add new maps to what exists now.

DeletedUser25994

Inno? Would you like some good ideas? OK...Just scrap this extra GE thing and fiddle it into the current GE for the phone players. Make new maps for GVG. Thanks

DeletedUser40369

Why cant you just create a way for mobile players to provide DE to gvg sectors. This new addition you want just adds more to the game, it does not solve the problem of needing more people to be able to participate in some way to help gvg players.

RazorbackPirate

Fighting GVG is part of the game. The best part and IT'S BROKEN. NEW AGES...NO NEW MAPS. Diamonds are only spent by smart players to get event bldg's and sets. You are so wrong about spending diamonds to level GB's. This shows you're a noob and should just stick to what you know...nothing so take off and leave this to the players that have been using this site for years and know how to play the game. GE is waiting..maybe get yourself a few C map negotiations in too. Bye
Never spent a diamond to level a GB. SO what are YOU talking about when YOU talk about all these mythical diamonds YOU'VE spent to build yourself for GvG. You just buying multiples of any event building with a hint of Attack %?

DeletedUser26263

I'm open minded but I am also not stupid or ignorant. I worked for a software company (in fact I owned a consulting business for a time too). I will give Innogames the chance to make this thing excel. That's only fair. However puting out statistics on who plays GvG while leaving so much unaddressed that tends to belie their numbers is not the answer.

Happy feedback absorbing, re-engineering and coding. I hope it works. But please lay off the "nobody plays GvG" angle. That is a non-starter. Focus on getting SOME of the functions there to mobile players and EXPAND your base rather than degrade it. More maps would be one way -- finding something to do with all the medals and AF-VF goods is another. Be proactive not reactive. That's my suggestion.

Think outside the box Innogames. Go for the gold and do something truly exceptional. You can.

DeletedUser

I try to read the posts here several times daily
Really, wasn't able to understand anything about the feedback of the players.
Mods, the talk here ranges between personal attacks and unsubstantiated affirmations.
Do you get anything of value from this feedback?

DeletedUser25795

Why cant you just create a way for mobile players to provide DE to gvg sectors. This new addition you want just adds more to the game, it does not solve the problem of needing more people to be able to participate in some way to help gvg players.

You can by using a certain browser/app thingy. I am not sure I am allowed to mention it as i got told off for advertising last time I mentioned a web site. (It begins with a P but isn't a Penguin)

Mobile users can even fight in GvG by using it (I been told its sluggish and hard to see all the action though)

RazorbackPirate

Betcha.
No need to bet, they told us all of that in the announcement. The old engine was built to go beyond FE, it's not scalable or portable to mobile. Doing the work needed to fix the problems in GvG is cost prohibitive when only 5% of players play it, and less than half can even access it.

Doing the work is NOT cost prohibitive when creating something entirely new, accessible to 100% of players, and fixes all of the problems of GvG by re-designing Guild Battles to avoid all the issues and limitations of GvG.

The shiny new object is not a deflection, it's the shiny new object. Play with the shiny new object or stay with the rusty old one. Seems they'll give GvG one last polish, remove what rust they can, and leave it for anyone who wants to continue to play with it. GvG will see no further development, no new maps, and GvG eventually becomes the forgotten toy no one plays with. It's kind of there now, only 5% play.
I'm open minded but I am also not stupid or ignorant. I worked for a software company (in fact I owned a consulting business for a time too). I will give Innogames the chance to make this thing excel. That's only fair. However puting out statistics on who plays GvG while leaving so much unaddressed that tends to belie their numbers is not the answer.

Happy feedback absorbing, re-engineering and coding. I hope it works. But please lay off the "nobody plays GvG" angle. That is a non-starter. Focus on getting SOME of the functions there to mobile players and EXPAND your base rather than degrade it. More maps would be one way -- finding something to do with all the medals and AF-VF goods is another. Be proactive not reactive. That's my suggestion.

Think outside the box Innogames. Go for the gold and do something truly exceptional. You can.
Regardless of what you believe about the 5% number, there is no escaping the fact the over 50% of users are mobile. Their proactive response to an antiquated system that can't be ported is to recreate a new system for everyone. There won't be Some functions of GvG coming to mobile, or new maps coming to GvG.

Battlegrounds is what coming to mobile, and to everyone, it will have maps that use goods and units from all ages and all ages play together on the same map at the same time.

They have thought outside the box, gone for the gold, and brought us something that will hopefully be exceptional. I think they can. I think they will..

Last edited:

DeletedUser26263

No need to bet, they told us all of that in the announcement. The old engine was built to go beyond FE, it's not scalable or portable to mobile. Doing the work needed to fix the problems in GvG is cost prohibitive when only 5% of players play it, and less than half can even access it.

Doing the work is NOT cost prohibitive when creating something entirely new, accessible to 100% of players, and fixes all of the problems of GvG by re-designing Guild Battles to avoid all the issues and limitations of GvG.

The shiny new object is not a deflection, it's the shiny new object. Play with the shiny new object or stay with the rusty old one. Seems they'll give GvG one last polish, remove what rust they can, and leave it for anyone who wants to continue to play with it. GvG will see no further development, no new maps, and GvG eventually becomes the forgotten toy no one plays with. It's kind of there now, only 5% play.

I don't entirely buy the 5% ...but as I said that's a red herring. It's irrelevant and my scolding is based on the fact that they never should have gone into such statistics here. If you cannot back it up then DON'T. (Even if true they would never in a million years share the database of customers that generated that figure so again, moot point). Just stop and don't over-explain.

The point is keep the WAR GAME set of players happy. Let's see if this addresses that basic need. Again, I'll buy it if it's worth buying.

RazorbackPirate

Why cant you just create a way for mobile players to provide DE to gvg sectors? This new addition you want just adds more to the game, it does not solve the problem of needing more people to be able to participate in some way to help gvg players.
No. Listen to yourself. Just no. "Can't you just make it so Mobile users can dump units for US to play GvG?" Are you kidding me? No.

I will make units and goods for my own game play, not for yours. Don't give me crap about helping the guild. You want our resources to play your GvG and now that we will want our resources to play GBG, you'll no longer be able to use our resources for your fun. Truth. Hiding in plain sight.

DeletedUser26263

Regardless of what you believe about the 5% number, there is no escaping the fact the over 50% of users are mobile. Their proactive response to an antiquated system that can't be ported is to recreate a new system for everyone. There won't be Some functions of GvG coming to mobile, or new maps coming to GvG.

Battlegrounds is what coming to mobile, and to everyone, it will have maps that use goods and units from all ages and all ages play together on the same map at the same time.

They have thought outside the box, gone for the gold, and brought us something that will hopefully be exceptional. I think they can. I think they will..

I hope so. I am an optimist. We'll see ... but again, caution on this one. And lay off the statistics Innogames. Fix your servers full of garbage accounts and then maybe we can talk percentages. In the meantime they have my best wishes that this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.