• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Something for remodeling

• Thread starter DeletedUser31207
  • Start date

DeletedUser31207

The ability now to store and move things around is great. But, I wish I could delete things I don't need while moving things around. The purpose of the ability remodel is to hopefully see if you have room for something else. It would be nice to move and store things then delete things you no longer want to make room. Also, if you could add new things during the remodel once you make room by deleting.

DeletedUser29726

This isn't really a question. It's also frequently requested as a feature in feedback about reconstruction mode. So they know we want it, but either don't want to give it to us, don't want to spend the time to develop it, or aren't satisfied with any attempted implementations yet (given that no changes are committed to city til after you save, how does a sold building get represented, do they allow you to unsell it - if it's simply unplaced things get deleted/sold as a batch, what if those unplaced things are valuable and someone clicks through a single confirmation window fast and loses half their city, is that extra inconvenience worth the extra convenience of being able to sell in the middle of a reconstruction)

For now... before reconstruction mode sell/store in advance at least a few things you know you want gone - and then squish the extras you decide during rearranging into the open space and sell them when you get out.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Best workaround I’ve found for this is to
  • enter reconstruction mode
  • adjust the city as you want
  • leave the items you intend to delete in the list on the right
  • screenshot the city so you know what to do (just a precaution lest you forget)
  • screenshot your list of items to delete
  • Exit reconstruction mode WITHOUT saving the changes
  • delete the items you’ve determined you don’t need
  • enter reconstruction mode again
  • adjust your city as planned

I’m sure others may have a better idea or suggest using a city planner doc. Just sharing what’s worked for me. Def easier doing it this way on mobile.

DeletedUser40395

When I adjust my city I typically know that I need a certain space for a new building(s). I then place the buildings I am deleting in that space so that when my adjustment is done, I then delete/save those buildings and build what I want.

barra370804

this is more of a proposal than a question. If you really want to pursue this, put it in a proposal thread and see if people like it.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Best workaround I’ve found for this is to
  • enter reconstruction mode
  • adjust the city as you want
  • leave the items you intend to delete in the list on the right
  • screenshot the city so you know what to do (just a precaution lest you forget)
  • screenshot your list of items to delete
  • Exit reconstruction mode WITHOUT saving the changes
  • delete the items you’ve determined you don’t need
  • enter reconstruction mode again
  • adjust your city as planned

I’m sure others may have a better idea or suggest using a city planner doc. Just sharing what’s worked for me. Def easier doing it this way on mobile.

Update to my previous post...
  • Enter reconstruction mode
  • Adjust the city as you want
  • Leave the items you intend to delete in the list on the right
  • Return to your city using the big back arrow (this feature wasn’t available before)
  • Delete the items you want
  • Enter reconstruction mode again
  • The items you left previously in the list on the right should now be gone
  • Click apply and exit reconstruction mode
Forge on!