• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

advice on joining a guild

DeletedUser

I'm a vet of WoW where guilds were a very active part of the game and messaging between members was always going on. I've only been on FoE a few days but I'm confused about how to select a guild. I've joined a couple but there is no activity that I can detect, no messages or any way to find out what the guild is doing. It's very quiet. I've been told the guild forums are seldom used. How does one break into the guild world and how are guild events scheduled? Do any of them make it a point to welcome newbies? I assume that for any action on the continent map it takes several guild members to be on at the same time in order to siege a province and that would require coordination. Any and all advice is welcome.

DeletedUser29690

LOOK FOR A GUILD CALLED "THEXSICKXSIDE" AND I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS COME JOIN

DeletedUser

How does one break into the guild world
The guilds you joined were obviously not active ones. Once you find an active guild it will be much better.
Do any of them make it a point to welcome newbies?
Many guilds welcome newbies and provide much assistance and guidance. Others are less inviting for newer players. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find a guild that's a good fit.
I assume that for any action on the continent map it takes several guild members to be on at the same time in order to siege a province and that would require coordination.
The Continent Map that has goods deposits among other rewards is a solo thing. The Guild vs Guild (GvG) map is the one where the guild works together to take sectors/tiles. If you get into a guild that engages in GvG, they should tell you everything you need to know about it.

DeletedUser40395

New players are always welcome into Friendship Traders. If you want to learn the game and not feel intimidated, then check us out. I started this Guild soon after this World opened when I discovered a group of neighbors who were confused on how to play. I have been playing for 2 year and belong to 3 Guilds, one is a top 10 Guild. Friendship Traders will not play GvG, but does encourage GE level 4 completion. This is a great place to learn FOE.