• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunenjii

I think Tholos is being offered, according to this usually very knowledgeable YouTuber.

His info is based on the Beta server. I'm on Beta myself, where this event has just under a week left. No sign of a Classical Garden Selection Kit thus far. And I fully don't expect it to show up in the few days remaining.

DeletedUser28147

Tholos was the only good thing about this event. Classical garden set is garbage and the altars are ok but without diamonds you can only get one to level 5. This is the worst event this year
I love when people falsely assume based on bad strategy.

DeletedUser30312

Hey!

The Tholos Selection Kit will be available in the event, that was my error in the announcement and I've corrected it.

Cheers!
!

Interesting. It might be worth pursuing a second one. I have the Tholos from last year, and just enough remaining upgrade kits to get it to level 10 (didn't push it all the way at first so I could use the upgrades instead of One Ups as I leveled). No remaining pieces or an extra Tholos, so I'll need to collect 10.

DeletedUser40061

this event sounds intriguing...but i dont know anything about soccor

DeletedUser30312

Reading up on the wiki, it seems that they're shaking up the league aspect this time. Instead of a single event-long league, there's 4 leagues that run 8 day each. This could be good for people who don't drop a ton of money on the event, since they might be able to hit silver once or twice instead of being more or less in bronze by the time the event ends. Bronze and higher leagues offer altar selections and upgrades, so the whales will probably be able to grab a nice collection of altars.

The quest line give one altar, and 2 upgrades, and there's plenty of upgrades from scoring goals, so finishing at least one altar should be pretty easy with even a small amount of effort. I think getting a second altar without paying shouldn't be difficult since there's a second base altar in the goal prizes. For two altars, you'll want the two base altars from the quest line and the goal prizes, plus 8 upgrades/selection kits. I think that should be doable in the time given. A third might not be possible, or it could be difficult, but even two altars is a good take from this event.

Not interested in the Tholos? Beta had these returning Forge Bowl/Forge Cup prizes as dailies:
  • Contestant's Estate
  • Athlete Living Quarters
  • Arena of Victors
  • Winner's Plaza
  • Ornate Baths
I think that's all the smaller prizes we've have from the sports events so far, and this is the first event that had all of them at once.

DeletedUser28147

Does anyone know if there are going to be timers for when the leagues switch or are we going to have to keep track of it ourselves?

DeletedUser30791

Reading up on the wiki, it seems that they're shaking up the league aspect this time. Instead of a single event-long league, there's 4 leagues that run 8 day each. This could be good for people who don't drop a ton of money on the event, since they might be able to hit silver once or twice instead of being more or less in bronze by the time the event ends. Bronze and higher leagues offer altar selections and upgrades, so the whales will probably be able to grab a nice collection of altars.

The quest line give one altar, and 2 upgrades, and there's plenty of upgrades from scoring goals, so finishing at least one altar should be pretty easy with even a small amount of effort. I think getting a second altar without paying shouldn't be difficult since there's a second base altar in the goal prizes. For two altars, you'll want the two base altars from the quest line and the goal prizes, plus 8 upgrades/selection kits. I think that should be doable in the time given. A third might not be possible, or it could be difficult, but even two altars is a good take from this event.

Not interested in the Tholos? Beta had these returning Forge Bowl/Forge Cup prizes as dailies:
  • Contestant's Estate
  • Athlete Living Quarters
  • Arena of Victors
  • Winner's Plaza
  • Ornate Baths
I think that's all the smaller prizes we've have from the sports events so far, and this is the first event that had all of them at once.

The Altar selection kit only have the Altar base not the upgrade. So you have to get 6 upgrades from goals or finishing silver/gold (top 5%) in the leagues in order to get two level 5 altars.

mamboking053

That is true, but it's not great. I suppose I got spoiled with the likes of the Colossus.

For the Altar Garden, I'd be more excited if it had both an attack bonus and FP output, but half of what the boosts are now.

Me too. I’ll do every event, but I’m only really interested in buildings that give both FP and attack boost. It’s the best use of space, but I’ll put down other buildings as placeholders.

Hopefully there’s a future where they make a building that gives attackers defense boost as well. Fingers crossed...

DeletedUser40061

Playing the game now. Won some fragments for elusive wishing well. Good event this:D

DeletedUser13838

Comparing event buildings of similar sizes from previous events
Altar of Artemis beats Contestant Estates (side prize from last years soccer event) -- +7 vs +3 attack boost --
Altar of Athena beats Sunken Treasure (side prize from las years summer event) -- 2fp vs 1 fp --
Altar of Hera is defeated by Sleigh Builder (side prize from las years winter event) -- 7 goods vs 15 goods --

Altar of Hera needs a significant boost IMO. Altar of Athena should probably produce a bit more than it does as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4441

Tholos upgrades were offered on beta as is represented in the video. If you watch the video, you'll also notice that the Classical Garden Kit was NOT offered when the event ran on beta. We won't know 100% for sure until the event is over, but video notwithstanding, I'm pretty confident we will not be seeing Tholos of Idols upgrades offered during the live event.

Incorrect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.