• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algona

QUEST #27 may be a real event buster for me. LOL, The quest is to control a province - which for me is the whole 6 sector province of an Industrial Age, with me in LMA, 2 ages below that) - OR - complete 12 encounters in GE where I don't even have 12 left.
Looks like the most viable option may be to wait 3 days for next week's GE, which for the effort I've put into the game is quite disappointing to me.
I'd prefer a questline that actually rewards players already giving their all in GE, or that rewards players tackling the tough challenges of playing well beyond their current era. OR, at least give us a quest we can complete without waiting days while unable to play.

No.

You've played long enough to know what sort of Quests INNO will include in Events.

You;re not doing something noble or brave by going faster in GE or advancing on the CMap ahead of Tech Tree progress, you made game play choices. INNO should never mollycoddle players because of their game play choices.

I'm pretty damn sure that waiting 3 days (3 DAYS!, 3 whole flipping days! Geez, the agonay!) is not really gonna be the end of your world or even the Event.

Oh, and if you finish GE that quest will autocomplete.

I see this from a previous Event.

This event has been so horrible it makes me want to quit the entire game.

Quit sniveling.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

QUEST #27 may be a real event buster for me. LOL, The quest is to control a province - which for me is the whole 6 sector province of an Industrial Age, with me in LMA, 2 ages below that) - OR - complete 12 encounters in GE where I don't even have 12 left.
Looks like the most viable option may be to wait 3 days for next week's GE, which for the effort I've put into the game is quite disappointing to me.
I'd prefer a questline that actually rewards players already giving their all in GE, or that rewards players tackling the tough challenges of playing well beyond their current era. OR, at least give us a quest we can complete without waiting days while unable to play.
OR

You can complete all the remaining GE encounters and have the quest Autocomplete so you can move on. Worked for me, as always.

Agent327

It seems with an event 32 days long, with an event building that's a bit underwhelming, it would seem the goal would be to get 2 fully upgraded Altars. I'm thinking that this was possibly what Inno was thinking with 8 day Leagues.

However, doing the math, I don't really see a way to get there without diamonds. It seems with prudent energy drink spending it's possible to hit Silver league twice, but without that, I'm not seeing a path to the needed number of energy drinks to cross the pitch enough times.

Is my overall analysis correct? Anyone found a way to get 2 full Altars without leaving way too much in the hands of the Inno gods, or spending some of the free diamonds in my account? Not sure a second Altar is worth diamonds. Thoughts?

You can't get two altars. Wanting Tholos upgrades or any other price will get in the way of prudent spending and even if not, I doubt, you will get thwere.

DeletedUser30791

It seems with an event 32 days long, with an event building that's a bit underwhelming, it would seem the goal would be to get 2 fully upgraded Altars. I'm thinking that this was possibly what Inno was thinking with 8 day Leagues.

However, doing the math, I don't really see a way to get there without diamonds. It seems with prudent energy drink spending it's possible to hit Silver league twice, but without that, I'm not seeing a path to the needed number of energy drinks to cross the pitch enough times.

Is my overall analysis correct? Anyone found a way to get 2 full Altars without leaving way too much in the hands of the Inno gods, or spending some of the free diamonds in my account? Not sure a second Altar is worth diamonds. Thoughts?
In beta, I'm one upgrade short of 2 lvl 5 Altars. With 15 hours left, I'm done with the event but just over 100 energy drinks out of Silver which will get me the last upgrade. Not knowing Tholos was coming I had used some energy drinks and then I split my energy drinks over the 2 Tholos offerings. So you need to finish in Silver once which should be possible if you hoard the energy drinks and use them all in the same league segment.

RazorbackPirate

In beta, I'm one upgrade short of 2 lvl 5 Altars. With 15 hours left, I'm done with the event but just over 100 energy drinks out of Silver which will get me the last upgrade. Not knowing Tholos was coming I had used some energy drinks and then I split my energy drinks over the 2 Tholos offerings. So you need to finish in Silver once which should be possible if you hoard the energy drinks and use them all in the same league segment.
Thanks for the info.

As I only need 2 Tholos upgrades in each city, I may be able to spend the bulk of my Energy drinks on the week in between Tholos offerings and possibly make Silver that round. The 2 rounds with Tholos offerings will bring out the diamond buyers making the thresholds higher, this first round has all the eager beavers and noobs spending their drinks indiscriminately, so the round leftover (round 3?) seems my best shot at Silver. No diamond spenders and everyone else either out of drinks or hoarding them for Tholos round 2. That's my current thinking anyway.

When you chose players, how did you do it? Most efficient yardage for the most goals, or most efficient DS%? Would changing your player strategy have changed your Altar results? Maybe squeek out one last goal for one last upgrade?

DeletedUser30312

Haven't done any serious plays yet. The silver players are supposed to be the best overall with the best passing or whatever/energy drink ratios. And they also have a daily chance of 10-12%, which is the best you can get from the more expensive gold players. I've only really glanced at the information over on the wiki, but that looks like how things are.

DeletedUser30791

Thanks for the info.

As I only need 2 Tholos upgrades in each city, I may be able to spend the bulk of my Energy drinks on the week in between Tholos offerings and possibly make Silver that round. The 2 rounds with Tholos offerings will bring out the diamond buyers making the thresholds higher, this first round has all the eager beavers and noobs spending their drinks indiscriminately, so the round leftover (round 3?) seems my best shot at Silver. No diamond spenders and everyone else either out of drinks or hoarding them for Tholos round 2. That's my current thinking anyway.

When you chose players, how did you do it? Most efficien
Thanks for the info.

When you chose players, how did you do it? Most efficient yardage for the most goals, or most efficient DS%? Would changing your player strategy have changed your Altar results? Maybe squeek out one last goal for one last upgrade?

t yardage for the most goals, or most efficient DS%? Would changing your player strategy have changed your Altar results? Maybe squeek out one last goal for one last upgrade?
Obviously INNO can change things up but in beta Tholos was offered on day 21 and day 30 so 3rd and 4th weeks. At only 200 energy behind if I hoarded everything for the 4th week, I'd easily be in Silver. If I'd have gone through the event quests quicker (50th gives 750 energy) and hadn't used up ~1000FP in the 1st couple weeks, I think I could have been Silver in the 3rd week.

I chose the Silver players (most efficient) except when the gold FP player was available (only slightly less efficient). The gold goal kick is the most efficient and I didn't realize that until later. Optimal goal scoring is 7 silver players, 1 gold player and the gold kick. I wasn't optimal but I was pretty close and I'm still a goal and a half from getting another upgrade. So changing my player strategy wouldn't have gotten me another upgrade.

The quest did not autocomplete with finishing GE. And I wasn't sniveling, your rudeness, FoE ASKED for feedback and I gave honest replies, nothing more. When a company asks for feedback, my take on that is they want honest reports on experiences in order to improve that customer experience. I was and still am disappointed the quest could not be completed in a timely fashion, since the event is on a game-imposed time schedule. It forces players into a lower bracket for no fault of their own.

Agent327

The quest did not autocomplete with finishing GE. And I wasn't sniveling, your rudeness, FoE ASKED for feedback and I gave honest replies, nothing more. When a company asks for feedback, my take on that is they want honest reports on experiences in order to improve that customer experience. I was and still am disappointed the quest could not be completed in a timely fashion, since the event is on a game-imposed time schedule. It forces players into a lower bracket for no fault of their own.

Except it is your own fault if you have cornered yourself in a position you can't get out.

RazorbackPirate

The quest did not Autocomplete because you were not done with GE, you had encounters remaining. The quest can be completed in a timely manner, you just needed to finish GE, all 64 encounters, all 4 levels. You failed to do that. You said yourself,
complete 12 encounters in GE where I don't even have 12 left.
So no, the quest will not Autocomplete, you need to finish GE. Then worst case, once you've complete GE 4, you refresh, collect the completed quest and move on. Quest 27 autocompleted for me in 2 worlds. Had you met any of the completion requirments, I am confident it would have for you as well.

The problem with your feedback is that it's feedback from two false premises.
I was and still am disappointed the quest could not be completed in a timely fashion, since the event is on a game-imposed time schedule. It forces players into a lower bracket for no fault of their own.
Quest 27 could have been completed in a timely manner and you could have moved on, AND it's entirely your fault.
QUEST #27 may be a real event buster for me. LOL, The quest is to control a province - which for me is the whole 6 sector province of an Industrial Age, with me in LMA, 2 ages below that)
You chose to push the map beyond your ability to acquire a province. How is this Inno's fault? So, another issue you're entirely responsible for.

The responses you got was not about you providing feedback, it was about you feeding back incorrect information then complaining about nonexistent problems stemming from the incorrect information. Then you got all, "Woe is me." claiming that your pushing the map beyond your ability to acquire sectors is somehow Inno's fault and you're being mistreated by Inno and the quest through,
no fault of their own.
Let's recap. You pushed the map too far so you couldn't complete option 1. You didn't finish GE, so you didn't fulfill option 2. How is not completing Quest 27 in a timely manner NOT your fault? Both issues self imposed, both issues solvable.

Thanks for the feedback, but it's all a bit invalid, yes?

Algona

I wasn't sniveling

You were and still are. But that';s OK, you have yet to be right on anything you've posted in this thread, so why start now?

I'm sure INNO will make fine use of the feedback you've given, that no matter how much they dumb down Event Questlnes players like you will will still not understand it.

And you forgot to capitalize 'Your Rudeness'. If you're gonna give me a title, please get it right Master Sniveler.

DeletedUser30791

I had the 2nd through 4th results from beta. For Silver 2nd took 2600+ , 3rd took 4600+ and 4th took 4200+. The latter two were when Tholos was offered. So if I hoarded and did the events as quickly as possible, 4th would have been easy to finish in Silver but 3rd would have been close without spending diamonds.

Update: Looking at it closer if I hoarded and completed 50 events, I would have had at least 5250 energy the third week and easily finished in Silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL on the 'anticipation' angle of unrevealed quests, and on the personal attacks while providing relevant truthful and correct feedback while being called a liar. But y'all continue with your internet bullying and go on and have your fun picking on newer players, if that's your paradigm of getting your jollies.

Last edited:

Graviton

LOL on the 'anticipation' angle of unrevealed quests, and on the personal attacks while providing relevant truthful and correct feedback while being called a liar. But you internet bullies go on and have your fun picking on newer players, if that's your paradigm of getting your jollies.

I understand your reaction to some of these posts, but despite their lack of tact they do contain some truth: you chose to advance on the map far beyond your age, and now some quests are inconvenient, or difficult, or even impossible. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how you choose to play, but I think the part that set some folks off is that you tried to blame Inno for your predicament.

These Events all ask you to do the same things at some point: scout a province, gain a sector or two, conquer a province, etc. Sometimes there's an alternative and sometimes there isn't. So you should be planning for that by not tearing through the Campaign map as fast as you can; or accept the fact that due to your play style you're choosing to make some Event quests difficult or impossible. For example, at some point in every Event and in Daily Challenges you'll need production buildings. If your play style has led you to delete all production buildings, you don't get to say it's Inno's fault when a quest requires some.

Anyway, as a newer player I advise you to try to look past the snark and see what truth lies beyond it. It's not always there but sometimes it is.

Again, for feedback accuracy. I did complete all of GE, having 11 encounters of the required 12 still available when the quest was presented to me. Completing those 11 encounters to finish GE did not autocomplete the quest. I was only able to complete the quest by negotiating all sectors of a province 2 ages beyond mine,. I never denied being there was through playing the game as presented to me - I complete sector/province quests as they are presented to me, not willy-nilly on my own. But yes, that has been my choice - I sure could have ignored those quests in the game.

Completing the event quest #27 required my buying the goods of that era, where they were not readily available at market. It was only through obtaining those goods through bartering with players beyond my status with forge points that I was able to complete an event quest that required me to advance well into the age 2 levels beyond mine, which, LOL, I've been faulted for doing, as a personal choice. And of course it's a personal choice - playing the game at all is a personal choice - I'm just providing accurate and honest feedback for a company trying to improve its game and give players a 'better' experience. Please don't shoot the messenger if you don't appreciate honest feedback.

RazorbackPirate

Again, for feedback accuracy. I did complete all of GE, having 11 encounters of the required 12 still available when the quest was presented to me. Completing those 11 encounters to finish GE did not autocomplete the quest. I was only able to complete the quest by negotiating all sectors of a province 2 ages beyond mine,. I never denied being there was through playing the game as presented to me - I complete sector/province quests as they are presented to me, not willy-nilly on my own. But yes, that has been my choice - I sure could have ignored those quests in the game.
I would say the reason quest #27 did not autocomplete for you, as it did for me, is that you had open sectors in a previously scouted province. You had those open sectors in that scouted province because you chose to push the map, which is not really playing the game as presented to you.

No where in the presentation does it say to stay in LMA to fight or negotiate sectors in provinces 2 ages beyond yours. So yes, you're a bit off script, doing things willy-nilly on your own for the advantage it provides in LMA. As you found out, that advantage now has a cost.
Completing the event quest #27 required my buying the goods of that era, where they were not readily available at market. It was only through obtaining those goods through bartering with players beyond my status with forge points that I was able to complete an event quest that required me to advance well into the age 2 levels beyond mine, which, LOL, I've been faulted for doing, as a personal choice. And of course it's a personal choice - playing the game at all is a personal choice - I'm just providing accurate and honest feedback for a company trying to improve its game and give players a 'better' experience. Please don't shoot the messenger if you don't appreciate honest feedback.
You keep saying the event quest forced you to this or that and it took this or that for you to complete this or that, but you seem to be forgetting about the fact that the only reason you had to do this or that 2 ages beyond your own is your already 2 ages beyond your age on the map, on your own.

You're not trying to improve the game to give players a better experience. You want them to change the game to remove the consequences of choosing to play the game in the way you have. That's why you're getting push back.

Besides, all the whatever about FPs and markets, and this and that, is all nonsense to the discussion anyway. You could have just chosen to wait until tomorrow. It ain't like you're running out of time.

Emberguard

(1) if you truly completed GE. All four lvls and it didn’t autocomplete then that’s a bug and you should have contacted support while the expedition was still going so they can have a look. I can’t guarantee anything but if there were anything they could have done that’d have been the time to do it

(2) daily challenges. They’re a optional side extra and random in nature. You can ignore them. If you don’t want to ignore them they only give continent tasks while a province is scouted. Don’t scout unless necessary. All quests aside from events are more suggestions then anything. Events are closer to requirements as you have to do those quests for event buildings.

DeletedUser40495

Once again, you're wrong and making false assumptions.
No he’s not, he is telling you to take responsibility for a problem you created. First of all racing through the C-map is a questionable strategy to begin with, as a few higher aged units are not worth risking your shot at getting valuable event buildings unless you plan to spend diamonds to get those buildings anyway. At least in my opinion it’s just stupid. Now that that’s out of the way, why would anyone sit here and listen to your griping about how your stupid mistakes in the game affected your event? Of course your mistakes made the event harder for you, and why would you blame Inno for that? It’s not their job to cater to stupid people. It’s YOUR job to plan ahead which you failed to do. Stop complaining on the forum about issues you created and especially don’t blame Inno for them. And don’t act like people telling you to stop whining are making false assumptions, they are just saying that nobody on the forum needs to listen to you blame Inno for your blunders.

Status
Not open for further replies.