• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anybody know what the heck is going on with Viking update?

• Thread starter DeletedUser40311
  • Start date

DeletedUser40311

ive read the report of the Viking update. I’m pissed they’re taking out the 25 fp quest but I can’t say I didn’t see that coming. I’m confused about the “goods buildings will take a max of 4 hours to build” so does this mean some buildings will still take an hour and others will take longer? I’ve heard once it gets down to 8 days for first reward the settlements get hard enough to complete as it is. And the last quest you now have to collect some of each goods, not just build the goods buildings. So how many of each? Could this add another 8 hr cycle to the end of your settlement? And you have to collect copper coins too?! This whole thing just effs with my whole strategy thus far

Kranyar the Mysterious

They aren't taking out the 25 fp quest, just switching it with a goods quest. If you do the settlement, you will end up receiving the same rewards. All they did is close an unintended loophole that people were exploiting.

Buildings that used to take 8 hours to build will only take 4 hours now.

I don't think anyone knows how the changes to the last quest will affect overall time yet. Maybe it will be easier, who knows.

Adapt or get left behind. Pretty much the way things work everywhere.

BruteForceAttack

ive read the report of the Viking update. I’m pissed they’re taking out the 25 fp quest but I can’t say I didn’t see that coming. I’m confused about the “goods buildings will take a max of 4 hours to build” so does this mean some buildings will still take an hour and others will take longer? I’ve heard once it gets down to 8 days for first reward the settlements get hard enough to complete as it is. And the last quest you now have to collect some of each goods, not just build the goods buildings. So how many of each? Could this add another 8 hr cycle to the end of your settlement? And you have to collect copper coins too?! This whole thing just effs with my whole strategy thus far

Any building that took more than 4 hours to build (e.g Clan house which now take 8 hours to build) will be reduced to 4 hours (or maybe lesser).

10 of each goods and 2500 copper needs to be collected for the last quest. So Max it may require +9ish hours, or if you use willows/clan house maybe lesser. I'm on my 15th, as the time shrinks for gold, 4x RNG plays becomes important..so yeah some get lucky and some don't.

Kranyar the Mysterious

If you have copper production building(s) sitting uncollected and waiting when you start the final quest, that would save a lot of time. Same for collecting goods. A different strategy that requires thinking ahead, but something to consider.

BruteForceAttack

If you have copper production building(s) sitting uncollected and waiting when you start the final quest, that would save a lot of time. Same for collecting goods. A different strategy that requires thinking ahead, but something to consider.

Well we still need 1000 diplomacy for meadhall, have to probably use willow and save space to have multiple goods buildings.

RazorbackPirate

Willow and mead hall should only be built once (to complete quest) and then immediately sold
That works for now, but not necessarily after the update. We'll see how it plays out with the new ending quest requirements.

The final settlement quest will be changed to require gathering 2500 copper coins and 10 of each Viking good.

DeletedUser40311

Well we still need 1000 diplomacy for meadhall, have to probably use willow and save space to have multiple goods buildings.
Preparing copper buildings and goods buildings to already have productions running is a decent idea. For the 1000 diplomacy and mead hall, It will take 8 hrs for the goods buildings to produce for the last quest, this enough time to build plenty of willows, unlock mead hall, delete the willows and place a mead hall, then sell the mead hall and replace with shrines if you will need more copper or if not just wait for the end

RazorbackPirate

Preparing copper buildings and goods buildings to already have productions running is a decent idea. For the 1000 diplomacy and mead hall, It will take 8 hrs for the goods buildings to produce for the last quest, this enough time to build plenty of willows, unlock mead hall, delete the willows and place a mead hall, then sell the mead hall and replace with shrines if you will need more copper or if not just wait for the end
OR

Clan Houses will also take 4 hours to build. Build 2 and once done, tear down all but one Hut. This gives you the Population and room to build any extra goods buildings and copper producers to unlock both Old Willows and Mead Hall at the same time.

Once you have the goods needed to unlock both, tear down and build goods buildings so you have one of each type either existing or under construction. Start the existing goods buildings for their first 4 hour run, adding Markets for Copper, leaving just enough pop and space to build a Mead Hall when you unlock. Then fill the remaining space with Clan Totems.

An hour later, you'll have one of each goods building, some new Markets for copper and enough Diplomacy to unlock both Old Willow and Mead Hall. Now you can build an Old Willow, delete. Build a Mead Hall, delete.

Then start a 4 hour production run on the new goods buildings, now only an hour behind the others. Sell the Clan Totems replacing with Shacks and Shrines filling all the remaining available space. All copper collections now count toward completion and can be used to produce more goods. Set your Markets and Shrines to either 1 or 4 hour productions, whichever you need to ensure 4 hours later, you'll have the 4k Copper you'll need to launch the last run of all 4 of the goods buildings.

Once you've got all 4 goods buildings running, just ensure you've got the 4K copper you'll need to start that last run, and you're done 8 hours later, no matter what. You won't need a 4x to trigger.

Depending on the time remaining and my Copper situation, the fact that 8 hours will be needed to produce the last wet of goods also means I have the 4 hours needed to allow both Old Willows and Mead Halls to build once they're unlocked. At that point, I might as well just layout a decent looking final settlement. Just for fun.

I'm not much worried about this change. Those who learned to build Settlements withing the lowest time frame will still be able to do so. Maybe the change means a few more will be able to. Seems most gave up on fragments early on, I don't see this change affecting them either. Who knows, maybe now they'll get luck and score a fragment or two.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30161

hey, please help me. I think there is a something missing(greater runstone sel. kit) in the rewards of vikings .How I can complaint about this

DeletedUser39706

Can anyone HELP!!! I play on my phone and for some reason, I am unable to log in. When trying to, I receive a message... 'Can not log in to market because it is a single market version! Please create a new account.' What to do?...........

DeletedUser23766

Retroactive error in upgrade kits
I got 16 settlements done, all within the first timer.. That should have given me 3 level 5 runestones with one upgrade kit left towards the 4th runestone. That is not what I ended up with..

DeletedUser13838

Retroactive error in upgrade kits
I got 16 settlements done, all within the first timer.. That should have given me 3 level 5 runestones with one upgrade kit left towards the 4th runestone. That is not what I ended up with..
If you completed 16 settlements on time that's 16*9=144 fragments plus an additional 16*3=48 from the update for a total of 192. That gives you 12 selection kits with 12 fragments left over. How many do you have?

RazorbackPirate

Retroactive error in upgrade kits.
^ This is incorrect. I've also edited your statement to be correct.
I got 16 settlements done, all within the first timer. That should would have given me 3 level 5 runestones with one upgrade kit left towards the 4th runestone [had I started doing settlements today, after the change]. That is not what I ended up with.
You are correct. What you ended up with was - The original fragments awarded under the original rules of play at the time you played them + 3 extra fragments for each settlement you completed under the old rules = 48 extra fragments for you because of the change. Don't gripe.