• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

viking city...an expensive venture?

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date

DeletedUser40061

takes a lot of resources just to maintain my viking city..i sense its not as popular as your main city. questline say build a mead brewery...it would take a lot to act on that request.. producing axes eats up my resources. i already deleted the first viking city. plus, the terrain is very icy and temps can dip to 90 below zero..iam sure the vikings are a hardy bunch no doubt about that. what is your opinon of viking city game

RazorbackPirate

Once an IA or EMA city is producing at the level it should, the time and expense of settlements are well worth the rewards. Keep in mind, each settlement quest rewards you with resources for your city, offsetting the costs quite a bit. When quests return goods or FPs, what are they worth? Get your city producing extra coins and supplies and settlements are a great way to turn those extras into other more valuable resources.

FPs you can use in GB swaps to earn rewards while leveling your GBs, while also completing 'Spend FP' quests for Events and DC. Goods can be used to negotiate for other stuff from both GE and DC. Each settlement run through gives you more powerful daily production from the Yggdrasil Tree, Emissaries, and multiple Runestones.

Personally, I think they're worth doing, but you're not quite ready to do them. Slow down on tech, work on getting stronger, then settlements can be a benefit to your city, instead of a constant drain of resources. You'll get there, you just need a few more weeks for your city to mature.

Before jumping into Settlements, you should be able to complete the Daily Challenge almost daily. At your level of development, the worst fights and worst negotiations are too costly, skip those days and hold that ammunition for events or GE. Don't scout any new provinces once any open ones are fully acquired. Once all the provinces are under your control, DC won't give C-map tasks.

Work on getting your Zues to level 5 and keep working on your manual fighting skills in GE. Once you can consistently fight through the first 12 encounters weekly, you can turn on PvP to plunder the resources you need for the Vikings from your weaker hood rats.

Yeah I know, it's mean. Get over it. It's part of the game and a great way for early players to get extra resources. I call it. "Collecting my offsite production facilities." Besides, what better way to ingratiate yourself with your visitors from the North by showing them you're a brother.

Ragnar: "We have selected you to be our Thane. Help us establish 15 new settlements in the North. For your guidance and resources, each settlement will send generous tribute to your city, enriching you and your people daily.

"Some settlements will bestow materials and workers to build a most sacred Yggdrasil Tree in your city. Each day, the tree will bestow resources, gifts from Thor and our people. A living monument to your generosity.

Other settlements will bestow more materials and workers to help the tree grow. Each time, our beloved Yggdrasil grows ever more powerful, to become the most powerful in your city! Fully grown, the Yggdrasil will even bestow a 30% attack boost upon your attacking army. Do not underestimate the power of Vikings!

"Some settlements send an Emissary to your city. Eager to provide you a needed resource, every day. Coins, supplies, medals, goods, units, even a FP, the choice is yours. Your most desired resources as tribute.

"As you've well written, 'the terrain is very icy and temps can dip to 90 below zero.' Yes, we Vikings are, as you write, 'a hardy bunch no doubt about that.' If by, '90 below zero' you mean 'cold AF' (Arctic Future, of course) then yes. Which also means the women ain't coming out to a half built outpost.

"Despite being hardy men who enjoy the warmth of our mead, our wool, and other hardy men, we do prefer the warmth of our women and children the most. Each village will offer you a timed completion reward. An extra incentive to finish up quick so the girls will come out.

"To be honest, that's why we always build the Mead Hall last. We tried it earlier but found out that Ladies Night without actual ladies can be ... a bit messy. First, no one wants to put on a dress, then no one wants to take off their dress, too much mead, shouting, fighting, and crying. Best to keep from fighting about the dress and just wait for the skirts.

"Finish under the first timer and you'll get 15 fragments tfor a Greater Runestone to mark your success. Stones deliver reards and more power to your city every day. At it's greatest, each Runestone gives coins, medals, 1 good, 2 FPs, and 2% more Attack. We Vikings like our attack bonuses, as will you.

"Help us establish our village outposts and you'll be richly rewarded. And, we'll even pay you extra to get the ladies out extra quick. What do you say, do you accept our offer?"

@Oswyn the kind: "Quite the tempting offer I'd like to take up. I'm a bit pinched for supplies,but wait a few weeks. I've been working on my Zues bonus and training up my troops to fight the hood. Let me start attacking them to just plunder the coins and supplies needed to build your settlements.

"More fights will build the skills of my units and build my city ranking. Your gifts of units and attack bonuses will make it easier each settlement completed. If I'm lucky, I'll get some cry mail. Seriously, that's half the fun of plunder. Am I right? C'mon, you're a Viking. You know, am I right?"

Ragnar: "It appears we have reached an agreement. It appears we have also selected wisely. We have found a brother truly deserving of the honored Yggdrasil and Runestone. You live the Viking way. We will patiently await as you prepare."

Plunder the hoods of stuff most people pass over, and most don't get too upset over anyway. Once you can hit the bottom half (or more) of your hood every day, you can easily fund settlement builds, leaving city production for your city.

Completing your first 2 Viking Settlements within the first time will get you 3 FPs your city every day. Not a bad way to put plunder to use. Anyway, that's my take.

Rally the troops. Let them know it's time they earn their keep. You'll work on the bonuses to help them fight, you'll help them train to fight, then they're going to fight. The Vikings need some help and you've struck a deal. Part of the deal will help them fight better, but they'll have to fight through the bad to get the goods.

DeletedUser40061

i noticed quite a number of players dont have viking village setup yet. ive already got some runestones, houses shrines and a mead brewry up and running..iam going to hang onto it for a while and see where this takes me. thx for the reply homie

RazorbackPirate

i noticed quite a number of players dont have viking village setup yet. ive already got some runestones, houses shrines and a mead brewry up and running..iam going to hang onto it for a while and see where this takes me. thx for the reply homie
Keep in mind that after each completion, the time for the next completion gets shorter. The one time it was certain I was going to miss the gold timer, I abandoned the settlement just a few hours before the gold timer ran out. I figured it was better do have a 'do over' than have less fragments and a shorter time after an unsuccessful run.

Settlements are worth the benefits you get from them, but they're not worth killing yourself or your city to do them. Settlements will be there when you're ready for them, focus on being ready for them. It will make doing them so much easier.

DeletedUser40061

i think i missed the deadline or will miss it in a few days. the citizens arent complaining much because they are used to the icy terrain. unlike my city in O world it is thriving with colorful green lush landscape, very pleasing to the eye. with viking icy domain, it makes you go blehh