• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Make Soccer event more appealing.

DeletedUser40622

Yes. Of course they did. Because if Inno wanted to change the event they TOTALLY couldn’t just change it themselves. No, of course they couldn’t. They would want some person to propose it in the forum so they could look at it and then change it based on what they “told you” to post.

Was the above posted by you? If so then that was ignorant as you can read through and see my proof.

DeletedUser40495

Yes. Of course they did. Because if Inno wanted to change the event they TOTALLY couldn’t just change it themselves. No, of course they couldn’t. They would want some person to propose it in the forum so they could look at it and then change it based on what they “told you” to post.

Was the above posted by you? If so then that was ignorant as you can read through and see my proof.
It is true. If Inno actually wanted to change anything they would do it. Not tell you to propose it.

Now if a mod just told you where the proposal section was in the forum that is another story, but if that is the case I would hardly say that “Inno specifically told you to propose it”

RazorbackPirate

I noticed you made some changes to this event in order to get people interested. I am sure after making those changes you have noticed that folks still aren't super excited and therefore they don't spend money for diamonds which will be used for the event. I can give you 1 suggestion that if you made the change quickly people would open their wallets for this event. The SE building in this event requires the building +4 upgrades to get it to max potential. If you changed that to 2 upgrades then you would see more folks buying diamonds.
How is getting two level 5 3x2 Altars any different than getting one level 10 6x4 building? World's Fair needed 9 upgrades, how is needing 8 upgrades and a second base any different?

I been playing this game for almost 3 years I believe and before I spend money on an event I weigh 2 options
#1 what boosts are offered with the building
#2 how much on average will I have to spend to obtain those boosts.
you guys hit the nail on the head with the Last Cherry event as I am sure you noticed as people were scrambling to get the kit required for the event building.
Not every building can be the most powerful building than any building before it.

I would also suggest instead of having the kit you offer now that offers 25FP's some medals a champ or a level 1 SE building that you would include in that kit the choice of an upgrade for the building. What you guys are offering now is not appealing to an experienced player. You might be able to fool younger players who have limited access to experienced players but any player who understands the difficulty and cost of an upgraded SE building will shy away from such events. My email should be passed immediately along to someone in INNO who can make adjustments if you would like to see more money spent on this event.
Okay, the Altars are not for you. Maybe next event. They buffed everything, but still not happy.

mamboking053

Not bad in my opinion. Not aiming for the event building, but I got some much needed Reno Kits. Best thing about an event is that there's usually something useful you can get out of it. I

Lancer

@ Lancer if my proposal has broken some sort of guideline please just delete and not move. Thanks for reading.
Mack

My reasoning behind the move to Forge Hall is because if indeed this is an attempted proposal that you would like to have submitted, it wouldn't get to the point of a vote since it falls along the lines of the DNSL. However, you point behind the idea is an interesting one and I can see why some people would agree with some or all of it. Since there is a discussion I didn't intend on closing the thread. Another reason for not closing it is because it's not an obvious violation of the DNSL, but it does fall along those lines and is borderline at minimum.

Agent327

My reasoning behind the move to Forge Hall is because if indeed this is an attempted proposal that you would like to have submitted, it wouldn't get to the point of a vote since it falls along the lines of the DNSL. However, you point behind the idea is an interesting one and I can see why some people would agree with some or all of it. Since there is a discussion I didn't intend on closing the thread. Another reason for not closing it is because it's not an obvious violation of the DNSL, but it does fall along those lines and is borderline at minimum.

Borderline?

True for
- Ideas to make yourself richer...or make the game easier. (The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.)
- Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase

But not for
- New buildings or items (Buildings and items are developed in accordance with a feature, event or era so balance within the game is ensured.)

2 foul balls and one miss hit makes it 3 strikes.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Let what go? Continually proving others ignorance?
They mean in your attempt to poke fingers at others you’re also fighting the wrong battles. It’d be more mature to let them have their say instead of trying to prove a point here.

My advice in regards to your proposal: post your suggestion in the announcement discussion thread for the soccer event. It’s there to pass on feedback about the event specifically.

Posting it in the corresponding announcement thread will leave it upto the relevant person to decide whether to pass it on or not based on however they’ve been told to make that kind of decision. It might be passed immediately or it might be passed at the end of event. I can’t say for absolute certain but it’d stand to reason that feedback must have been passed during the event given the recent league changes

Posting it in proposals section when it’s on DNSL will absolutely ensure it’ll never be sent as that section has a specific rule not to pass that kind of idea on.

DeletedUser

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that Inno sent the message whether generated or not that suggested I post here.
I just wanted to jump in to clarify something about this aspect.
First, all regular moderators (both in-game and Forum) are basically unpaid volunteers, with no special connections or direct ties to Inno itself.
Second, for the most part in-game and Forum moderators are completely separate. We have the same leadership structure, but receive different training and do not have cross-responsibilities. For example, I only moderate on the Forum and would have to have other training in order to moderate in-game and I believe the reverse is true for most, if not all, in-game moderators.
Third, the main responsibility of the in-game moderators is to deal with support tickets generated by the players. They are not required to have any knowledge of Forum rules and guidelines/procedures. Therefore, when a player contacts in-game support with a suggestion, it is outside their sphere of responsibility. The solution they use for this is apparently a form response directing the player to the Forum.
Now, the result of all this is that occasionally a player is directed by this form response to post a Proposal that is either an item on the Do Not Suggest List, or in some other way is impractical or doesn't follow other Proposal Guidelines.
The case here is one where the proposed change is for this event currently running. The issue this presents has been pointed out already, but I will restate it. A proposal has to be up for discussion for two weeks before being put up for voting by the players (and then only after it is nominated for voting), then it is open for voting for two weeks. If it garners at least 70% yes votes, it is submitted to the developers at Inno by our Community Manager. Since the event only runs for three more weeks, this proposal wouldn't even make it out of the voting stage before the event was over. And that's not even considering whether or not it is in violation of one or more items on the DNSL.

I want to stress that you are not the first to be directed here by in-game support with a suggested change that is in some way not appropriate as a formal proposal, and I apologize for the flaw in the system that created this issue. I have mentioned it to my superiors and will follow up with them. I don't know if there is a practical solution that can be implemented, but let's hope so. It really bugs me when someone ends up with a bad attitude towards the Forum as a result of something like this. The Forum can be a very informative and fun place to hang out.

Agent327

I don't know if there is a practical solution that can be implemented, but let's hope so. It really bugs me when someone ends up with a bad attitude towards the Forum as a result of something like this. The Forum can be a very informative and fun place to hang out.

There is. I do not agree with in-game moderators referring players to the forum, cause they are just passing the problem to others. While your explanation makes perfect sense it does not make sense they do not know that running event proposals will never make it into the event and could only be part of the given feedback.

Now for the solution.
Whatever has to do with a running event should always be referred to the feedback thread. When they refer players to the forum they can put that specific thread in their message.
For any other proposal they refer players to the forum they should include the links to the DNSL and how to make a proposal. Since they are sending fixed messages it could not be to hard to make templates for this. After thta, all thet need to do is put them in their response.

RazorbackPirate

I don't know if there is a practical solution that can be implemented, but let's hope so. It really bugs me when someone ends up with a bad attitude towards the Forum as a result of something like this. The Forum can be a very informative and fun place to hang out.
There is a practical solution. The in-game moderators can be trained not to 'happy gas' players when they come to support with issues like this. A simple response of, "I hear you and I understand, but this is not an issue Inno will address, or I can address. Good luck with the remainder of the event."

I'm sorry, but given the circumstances of the complaint, to suggest a player come here to start a proposal is a) preposterous b) ludicrous c) disingenuous d) just shy of full out lying and quite honestly could be.

Let's face it, its a blow off line. Nothing wrong with blowing off the player with an honest answer. Seems to me, with the frequency it happens, there's a whole lot of in-game mods getting a whole lot of yuks at players who follow their advice.

"OMG, did you see @dumbassplayer actually made a proposal? You should see the responses they got. I love sending @dumbassplayers over the forum for a beat down. Lol."

Emberguard

@RazorbackPirate they don’t need to say there’s no solution. Just that support can’t address that issue but if they wish to make that kind of request they can check forums to see what’s in place already

The emphasis needs to be that they check the rules and guidelines of forums before posting an idea to make sure it’s line with what’s allowed, not that every idea is free game. It’s not a bad thing to send players to the forums to post ideas. They just need to be aware of how to tell if they’d be allowed to post what they came for.

Which is where Agents version would be perfect. Link to the announcements section to say check the latest announcement thread to put feedback to (link for corresponding discussion thread in announcement thread). Link to the DNSL and proposal section rules so they can get to the ideas section knowing if it’s a idea that can be put in that channel. Problem solved

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate they don’t need to say there’s no solution. Just that support can’t address that issue but if they wish to make that kind of request they can check forums to see what’s in place already

The emphasis needs to be that they check the rules and guidelines of forums before posting an idea to make sure it’s line with what’s allowed, not that every idea is free game. It’s not a bad thing to send players to the forums to post ideas. They just need to be aware of how to tell if they’d be allowed to post what they came for.

Which is where Agents version would be perfect. Link to the announcements section to say check the latest announcement thread to put feedback to (link for corresponding discussion thread in announcement thread). Link to the DNSL and proposal section rules so they can get to the ideas section knowing if it’s a idea that can be put in that channel. Problem solved
I'm certainly not suggesting they never send people to the forum to make a proposal. I am asking that they have discernment about when to do it, and when not to.

People are not going to read the DNSL, especially after being told to go post. In this specific case, everyone knows that making a proposal about this specific issue is a non-starter. In this case, they used the standard pat answer and didn't just deal with this specific issue head on, "I can't help you. Inno won't change their mind on this, my apologies." End of story.

If anything, they should be sent to the feedback thread to voice their displeasure, not propose a change, 'so that Inno has that feedback for FUTURE events.'

Instead, they got the standard corporate 'happy gas the customer,' 'dance around the issue,' and 'shoo them away,' but whatever you do, 'don't ever say no to the customer.' It's dumb and it's insulting to any thinking person. If this is how they're training their in-game mods, they're training them to act stupidly and to treat their players like children.

Intentionally sending a player here to make a proposal about something they know full well has no chance of ever seeing daylight, under the circumstances of this specific example, an event buff, is tone deaf, stupid, and/or cowardice. All of which shows either poor training or poor mod standards.

The OP should've never been sent here to make a proposal. They only reason they should've been sent here is to express their frustration in the feedback thread.

Now, if someone goes to support asking for a new feature for the umpteenth time, then everything @Emberguard said applies. In this specific example, sending them here is a support fail and a disservice to the player.

Algona

I think Agent nailed this one.

A bit of training and only one choice for an ingame mod to make on where to direct the player: Event to the Feedback thread and ongoing part of the game to the Proposal Guidelines thread.

elegant simplicity. Jon well done, Agent.

DeletedUser

There is. I do not agree with in-game moderators referring players to the forum, cause they are just passing the problem to others. While your explanation makes perfect sense it does not make sense they do not know that running event proposals will never make it into the event and could only be part of the given feedback.

Now for the solution.
Whatever has to do with a running event should always be referred to the feedback thread. When they refer players to the forum they can put that specific thread in their message.
For any other proposal they refer players to the forum they should include the links to the DNSL and how to make a proposal. Since they are sending fixed messages it could not be to hard to make templates for this. After thta, all thet need to do is put them in their response.
I want to thank you for succinctly stating a logical solution to this issue. I have passed them on and requested that ideas about current events/changelogs be directed to the feedback thread as you suggest, and also that some mention of reading Proposal Guidelines be included with any form response to general suggestions. I can't guarantee it will change, but at least we've tried. :)