• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guilds: What Makes You Stay Or Leave?

DeletedUser31420

Asking this question on behalf of a friend who just started playing last month.

Assuming an active guild with no inactive members: As a new player, whether you’re new to the game or just to a world, what kinds of things draw you to a guild? Additionally, what causes you to either stay in or leave said guild?

DeletedUser40495

Assuming an active guild with no inactive members: As a new player, whether you’re new to the game or just to a world, what kinds of things draw you to a guild? Additionally, what causes you to either stay in or leave said guild?
Here is what I look for:
1. Must have multiple level 80 arcs (and an active 1.8 - 1.9 thread)
2. Must open GE level 4 every week
3. Nice, helpful members
4. Application or invite only
5. Must give a decent amount of FP from town hall
6. Requirements I know I can meet

DeletedUser

Which guild stats tells you how many fps they pay?
If you are in the guild, go to the guild tab and then click on the "Level" tab. It will show the benefits from your current level at the top, progress to the next level in the middle and added benefits with the next level along the bottom, on PC. On mobile, it is basically the same except the added benefits for the next level are immediately under the current level benefits in bright green lettering.

Algona

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Here is what I look for:
1. Must have multiple level 80 arcs (and an active 1.8 - 1.9 thread)
2. Must open GE level 4 every week
3. Nice, helpful members
4. Application or invite only
5. Must give a decent amount of FP from town hall
6. Requirements I know I can meet

Except for #4 , which I don't think is necessary, I agree with this list.

On my main I'm in a properly run high end open guild, and I see no difference between it and my invite only guilds.

My other recommendation may seem obvious, but if you are on mobile or don't want to do GvG, stay away from a GvG focused guild.

DeletedUser40495

On my main I'm in a properly run high end open guild, and I see no difference between it and my invite only guilds.
The reason I stay away from open guilds is guild hopping snipers. They will go through multiple open guilds adding 1 FP to as many GBs as they can so that they can contribute to that GB once they leave the guild. Then they have a chance to snipe those GBs later on, most of the time for less than 1.8 or 1.9. This will cost you FP and cost your guildmates rewards. If you aren’t power leveling any GBs though this does not matter at all.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The reason I stay away from open guilds is guild hopping snipers. They will go through multiple open guilds adding 1 FP to as many GBs as they can so that they can contribute to that GB once they leave the guild. Then they have a chance to snipe those GBs later on, most of the time for less than 1.8 or 1.9. This will cost you FP and cost your guildmates rewards. If you aren’t power leveling any GBs though this does not matter at all.

I power level all the time on my main, already donated around 40k fp and leveled 3 of my buildings today between 3 power leveling threads, and have never seen it be a problem. The buildings move too fast, usually an hour or two from start to finish. My buildings that don't move as quickly get a lot of those free fp, and occasionally they will get a spot, but only if they either pay the full amount while I am waiting for a donor (I only prep to the exact amount and one slot at a time, or on sweet spot buildings make sure my donors are online when I open) or else overpay for a spot. If they overpay, that is just fine with me.

DeletedUser31499

I’m in an excellent guild. I’d like to add to the list of what makes a good gulls this:

Has a 1.9 group to level Guild Arcs to level 80. With the goal of everyone in the guild getting an arc regardless of the age they are in and eventually getting everyone in the guild to level 80.
1 year ago we had 4 level 80 arcs. Now we have 40 with more going through the program. Out of 79 guild members only one doesn’t have an arc. Benefit to the guild... a very healthy treasury across all the ages.

DeletedUser40061

I join a guild that doesnt offer too aggressive requirements such as "you must participate in all pvp/gvg encounters or be booted" or, "you must be on pc, no mobile allowed" i look for "comraderie" and a somewhat neutral guild with members willing to help. The guild iam in real bunch of swell guys. Noone pressure me to do anything i dont want to do.

Freshmeboy

Taco Thursdays....however, I have yet to find a guild that supports this..Hell, I'd settle for Enchilada Wednesdays...

DeletedUser38613

The intentions. Personally if they give out goods fairly easily and most members are active, that's good enough for me. Also, as I've just recently learned, Guild leveling is important, if only to (to me) to give out more FP, ATK/DEF strength, and reduce building costs. I don't really understand the rest of it, but I assume it's not important enough for me because I don't play on PC enough (for now)

Godly Luke

You can't forget the troop reduction time. Traz every 17 hours producing 10 troops a day! (Not bragging!)