• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

To infinity and beyond!

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25252

As we now open Forge of Empires to Space Age Mars, and set forth for Outer Space, it's time for all our players to wrack their brains! Let us know what is the best space film or series you have ever watched, and why :)

4 random entrants will be chosen to win 250 diamonds each.
*Rules may change at any given time.

The contest will close on 31st July 2019.

DeletedUser28147

Why you gots to do this to me FOE? There are so many that I love.

Star Trek (All of Them)
Because even though the series had a bunch of science blunders it was good overall. Good story lines and characters.

DeletedUser32906

Not a movie or tv series but it played through like a great book or series ..... Mass Effect
One of my favorites I still go back and run through at least once a year

spnnr

Firefly -the series

A combination of genres , witty , well acted with a wonderful cast of characters - pity about the episodes being shown out of order ..

DeletedUser33179

Lots of favorites, but like Stargate SG-1 series the best. Great characters all around & creative stories, scenarios, etc

Although most favorite space series season ending cliffhanger-new season 1st episode combo is Star Trek TNG's "Best of Both Worlds". The Borgs are heading for Earth & they assimilated Capt Picard, oh no!

Victoria and Albert

I gotta say that Star Trek influenced all the great science fiction shows subsequent to it.
In the original short run series, they covered space travel, parallel universes, and planetary diversity. They had warp drive! Cloaking devices! Cell phones! Energy shields and tractor beams! Transporting by Scotty!

Star Wars or any other oeuvre of science fiction wouldn't have existed without Star Trek!

Kranyar the Mysterious

As a huge SF fan, I have to say that most of the movies and TV shows flat out suck. And those that don't suck become quite dated within a decade or two.

That said, from more recent times I think The Expanse is about as good as you can ask for from a book series adaptation, as well as the movie Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.