• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser37581

With recalc and sector protection ending every 4 hours
The wording in the announcement is vague, and a clarification should be forthcoming. It is most probable that sectors will be protected for up to 24 hours, with the calculations taking place every 4 hours. In other words, a sector taken at 11:00 am could be protected until approximately 8:00 am the following day (depending on what times of the day the 4-hour recalcs happen).

-Athena-

Finally some good changes :)

I have been advocating for a different way of having"calc" times and this sounds interesting.

And Thank You for putting an end to the incessant champ farming happening all over. (I've been called the poster child for Just Say NO to Champ Farming). As to people bringing up point farming still with the SAM units....There is one HUGE difference...You will have to think about what troops you use to fight with. No longer will it be a mindless act with no troop loss.

For the first time in years I am hopeful.

qaccy

Change it so that GvG battles don't provide any points whatsoever. That'd instantly curb any and all possible 'point farming' that could occur in GvG because every battle would award exactly 0 points. Seems simple enough to me. GvG's about having fun with your guildmates on a battlefield (of sorts) and advancing your guild's level, right? This system should probably never have awarded battle/player ranking points in the first place because of how abusable it ended up being.

floating spirit

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback, so please leave any comments or concerns in this thread. We're hoping with your help, we can shape these improvements to achieve an overall better experience for all who participate in GvG.

Many thanks,

Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-vs-guild-improvements.26594/
Really wish FOE would be honest of what doing .When everyone started this game there was a set of rules of how it would be played but now diamond sales must be down and hope changing rules will help that .With the new Battleground thing coming if can discourage GVG fighters and get them to do Battleground then work at getting rid of GVG as its known but that cant be said now can it.
Battlegrounds was suppose to be so more could be involved in a similar GVG style that couldnt before -Fine let them do that and any that cant handle GVG can go do it to as they build up boosts with GBs, Fighters have spent a lot of time building their citys to be strong and some did it with a credit card either way isnt the point ,the point is that it took a lot of work and time to get strong and just because someone else wants the same it should be worked at to have not rule changes so just handed to them

DeletedUser31194

All these changes are pointless in AA, you want to remove Spearfighters but those with Mars Troop dominate making it a one sided affair, if you want to keep AA fair remove the use of Mars troops because only a few Guild will control the map given the time it takes to go through the ages, so Throw out the Low = Spearfighters, and Throw out the High Mars troops and it becomes fair on both ends, otherwise GvG is already ruined and all you are doing is putting a bandaid on it. The Mobile players flooding the game whom are not able to play GvG is also destroying the experience and guilds have gotten smaller shedding the mobile player as a result. Thank Inno really for nothing all these changes just lip service, you want really change your should have started over made something that Mobile and Computer players can take part, you have created Guild have are Janus two Faces, those Mobile those not because GvG becomes the dividing line. Keep your changes you have lost me as a GvG player and honestly at this rate as a player.

Liberty

Inno, do you really think that by you killing GvG that the big spenders who spent lots of money buying your sets in the events to have strong attack cities, are going to just dump GvG and start playing your silly Battleground thing? lolol. Think again. All you are doing is pissing us off. I'm not the only one thinking of quitting this game. I'm talking to a number of fighters on voice chat, while I am writing this.

You are making a huge mistake.

DeletedUser40368

Another very disappointing change in the game under the guise of improvement. What you propose will not solve what it is allegedly designed to change, i.e. farming.

Resetting every 4 hours will turn all the maps into a farming fest for anyone; now it will all be farmed 6 times per day instead of once.

It will kill any teamwork and above all

s t r a t e g y.

No more all out fun wars on the server with territory contention. Anyone can come in and take a sector

This change only cater to mediocrity; give everyone a medal.

Why not just disband guilds while you're at it?

As always, this whole thread is likely to be nothing more than a sham; it's going to happen. Keep nerfing the game. A lot of us are thinking of leaving with this announcement. Good luck staying afloat.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Athena-

Seriously Inno, if you really want to hear from GvG fighters, then let it just be that. Not comments from people who have itty bitty GBs, have no clue how to strategize in GvG (nor want to spend the time to find out), people who have chosen not to build their cities with copious sets to increase their attack bonuses, nor people who hang out in this forum more than they actually play the game. If you really want to hear from those of us who play this game BECAUSE of GvG, start a thread for that. Otherwise, you are mostly going to get input from those who are too lazy to learn how to play GvG and build their cities thusly, yet want you, Inno, to dumb down GvG so that they can kill off those who did go to the trouble.

Liberty,
I've found we are usually in agreement on GvG matters. What specifically don't you like about what they are proposing? I'm a huge GvGer who leads and strategizes almost every night at calc and I helped spearhead the week long cease fire in E world to help get a letter written and sent on to Inno developers about GvG and I'm seeing some of these changes as possibly positive.

Personally I have felt Champ Farming for inflated points and chronic beach bubbling to protect tiles nightly has ruined GvG (guild vs. guild not guild vs. just dropped tiles) as well as ruined the individual ranking system with "fake" points from champ farming.

The calc reset changes sound interesting. Maybe it will be a mess. Maybe it will be an improvement. I don't know. Lag is a serious issue. Graphic glitches another.

I do like our team coming together at reset time to raise hell and I would still find a way to do that. That is my one concern. How what they are proposing will impact what we can accomplish together as a team.

-Athena-

My thought would be to fix bugs such as maps refreshing in real time and sieges showing up when placed would be a good place to start before making wholesale changes to GvG. Can things that have been "broken" in recent months be fixed so they worked as before when they were fully functional? Many issues occur throughout the day and night and not just around recalculation. Are these items being addressed? How about the map refreshing at recalculation too?

Since it looks like you are addressing point farming (Yay!!!), any chance we can get the "One Down" kit to age down special buildings?

I see the bugs you mention increase tenfold during events and with each additional content piece added to the game.

DeletedUser28124

So let me get this straight. Your proposed "solution" to flagrant point farming of tiles on the ALL AGES maps (where it most frequently occurs) is to now make it possible for the players doing this to not even have to provide their own champs to do it? From my understanding of what I am reading here You are going to make it possible for these player to now use fast building iron age troops (considering spears will no longer be able to be used) .. they can now literally load up an AA map hex with Iron Age troops, simply release it and Voila, they are automatically converted to random troop of the highest era on the AA map. So to summarize, and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong here, your proposed fix to combat point farming for rank points is to now provide these player a means to do it without even having to stock a tile with high era troops they must produce in the first place. How does this make any sense? You are going to fix this by making it ten times easier and less costly to do, and moreover make it possible to do even more than they are now by using fast building iron age troops and just converting them to Mars troop for FREE? Would it not make MORE SENSE on the AA maps in particular to PENALIZE guilds for releasing tiles and randomly replace all the troop with those of the LOWEST ERA????? It is "solutions" like this that honestly leave me wondering sometime if you actually have ever even played this game. Instead of fixing this problem this solution will only make it 50 times worse that it is now. Can you please explain to me how giving player the ability to magically convert iron era troops to Mars Era troops just by releasing a tile is going to help combat this? Or am I missing something in your description? This does not of course even TOUCH upon the fact that this ability used in conjunction with the new 4 hour timers will only allow point farmers to do it pretty much all day, every day, with free troops converted from Iron age to MARS era. I cannot even believe what I'm reading here.... sorry. But if I had to make a suggestion I would suggest making the entire AA map all LZ's so it's a a constant non stop fun fighting free for all and just leaving things as they are. The solution for the AA map is just that making it hyper inclusive for all and all times, and perhaps hugely increasing the exponential medal cost for holding large numbers of tiles in order to limit the top end guilds from hogging the entire map. In short, make it easy to participate but difficult to sustain.

DeletedUser40368

Posting this on behalf of another player who is a consummate GvG fighter:

"Offering up a teams sectors for anyone to hit after 4 hours is not going to solve anything. Neither is implementing such a thing AND keeping everything else on a 24 hour clock. It does not address GvG problems and will only promote more farming to the extreme.

Granted, taking away the champ farms will change things but opening up all the maps with unprotected sectors every 4 hours will only increase the farming and actually make GvG a point making scheme and nothing else for everyone, including the powerful calc teams since they will not hold land like now. There will be no incentive for a powerful team to hold sectors since blocks and other strategies will be made too expensive to warrant it since they will be gone in 4 hours. It will force big guilds to allow goods to flow out of their treasury if they want to maintain an area. So...you will unleash nothing but massive farming attacks that have no value other than the points they provide.

This is a powerful guild nerf that rewards bad players and teams with points.

Why should a guild that cannot field a calc team be allowed to take out one that can for free? Some lone guy will be able to land and do the same damage as a good team does at calc now? Ummm.Not a good idea guys. The points are going to go through the roof for a spell until the fighters realize that GvG has absolutely no purpose other than the points anymore...then all your fighters take off in mass. All you will be left with is your point farmers.

Someone said before that GvG fighters only accounted for 5 percent of FoE activity. I wonder how much of a percentage of diamond purchases they have accounted for so far? I wonder if a class action lawsuit might be in order for this gross bait and switch thing that is going on? Players spend money on the events to gain boosts for GvG and Inno keeps tinkering with everything to lessen the effectiveness and even make their purchases null and void. So...people buy a product and then they decide to change the environment to give everyone the same thing? That's the current trend. Wonder how much cash they lost this last event? Hmmm...your micro purchases not working like you thought huh? Maybe you should listen to your longtime players and actually fix some stuff that will promote your game. Take away GvG and you can kiss this game goodbye. Everyone will be moving away from the farm. It will be dead within 2 years for sure if you don't add maps and avoid doing dumb things to actually make it worse."

lemonwedgie

I am looking forward to the changes purely because it means we will have to change the way we fight ... GvG has been wash rinse repeat for so long now it is downright predictable, so yes please! Change it up!

Now ... do I think all the changes will work? No. Could I tear this apart? Yes. But I won't. Everytime there are changes to GvG the world and his wife comes out and starts to cry and yet ... here we are, so many months or years down the road, dealing with the changes. We will deal with these too.

DeletedUser40368

The only change they are talking about making is any sector to be taken
I am looking forward to the changes purely because it means we will have to change the way we fight ... GvG has been wash rinse repeat for so long now it is downright predictable, so yes please! Change it up!

Now ... do I think all the changes will work? No. Could I tear this apart? Yes. But I won't. Everytime there are changes to GvG the world and his wife comes out and starts to cry and yet ... here we are, so many months or years down the road, dealing with the changes. We will deal with these too.

From Aonply77 who cannot log on right now: "The only changes they are proposing is making sectors that are currently protected for 24 hours in GVG unprotected in 4 hours and taking away champ farming. Ummmm...you like this? LOL Must be on a bad team that needs a little help from the developer so you can get some points. It should work as a huge point scheme...my guild is gonna make bazillions of points if they do this...we will exploit it so hard. The ghost swarm will be amazing for a month or two. And then....buh bye! lmao"

DeletedUser40350

Here is some of my opinions on the proposed GvG changes...

Additional Recalc Timers (4hr):
This is essentially going to make it impossible for most guilds to sustain keeping enough tiles to keep them in 1st. I am assuming that's the point of the change. Not many guilds will bother trying to fill many tiles anymore, because in off hours when most are sleeping a few ghost guild players in other countries will just come on and wipe you out easily when your guild is mostly sleeping, or people that don't work will take tiles when most of the world is working. You are taking most of the actual strategy out of GvG that we have now on organized times to strategicly plan around to keep maps safe day to day. Some will adjust to the changes, but you are going mostly anger many guilds over this major change, and likely lose a lot of diehard GvG players that will quit the game over it (many of which are your big spenders that take GvG seriously).

Removal of Bronze units: I'm ok with this change, as it makes filling AA a little harder on time on cooking troops, versus seconds with spears.

Reduce point farming profitability: With the change you are making, that will now allow people to cook iron troops rather quickly compared to higher eras (as well as low era players making these as well), drop the tiles, and have them automatically convert to Space Troops which will net a large amount of points for people to point farm as usual. Except this is even easier now, as most are using Champs/Rogues currently with a lot of unattached troops they got via Traz because they can't produce them quick enough in their city due to large production times, and now you are allowing people to make iron troops easier and convert to Space anyway. Sure the random space troops aren't as high of value as champs, but they certainly net a lot of points, and Iron barracks take way less space and most will cost the users nothing unattached, increasing the point farming capability. So this change overall will do exactly opposite of what you are trying to accomplish by reducing point farming. There is no reason that i can see, on why any era troop should be upgraded to highest value on the map, helping point farming out upon being dropped. If anything, make any DA's randomized in any era upon being dropped (like 1 SAM, 1 CE, 1 EMA, 1 PME, etc), to where the result is inconsistent and unpredictable to make point farming not viable off it. Making champ values the same as the rest of the SAM troops would be a good start on people champ farming, as there is no reason a Champ should give more points than any other unit anyway. Another suggestion would be if you take an NPC (unclaimed) tile, the points inside the tile give you 1/2 the value, or even 1/4 the value per victory, as you would usually get if it was an actual guild you take the tile from. That way it will have much less value and desire for people to drop/retake their own point farming tiles.

Confirmation checkboxes: This is a very positive change, to prevent all the rulebreakers from sieging/filling tiles quicker than the game was intended by means that you have gotten many complaints about across the world.

Liberty

Liberty,
I've found we are usually in agreement on GvG matters. What specifically don't you like about what they are proposing? I'm a huge GvGer who leads and strategizes almost every night at calc and I helped spearhead the week long cease fire in E world to help get a letter written and sent on to Inno developers about GvG and I'm seeing some of these changes as possibly positive.

Personally I have felt Champ Farming for inflated points and chronic beach bubbling to protect tiles nightly has ruined GvG (guild vs. guild not guild vs. just dropped tiles) as well as ruined the individual ranking system with "fake" points from champ farming.

The calc reset changes sound interesting. Maybe it will be a mess. Maybe it will be an improvement. I don't know. Lag is a serious issue. Graphic glitches another.

I do like our team coming together at reset time to raise hell and I would still find a way to do that. That is my one concern. How what they are proposing will impact what we can accomplish together as a team.

So, you take a sector and what once was 24 hour protection is now gone in 4 hours. The number of drops is still on a 24 hour clock, as is the HQ move.

What Inno is doing is trying to kill GvG. There will be no more team activity with it and no strategy.