• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

what do u think of guild hoppers

DeletedUser40473

some guilds dont seem to like guild hoppers but some are ok with it what do u think?
should guild hoppers be let back in the guild without getting kicked from the guild?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancer

First off, I have to agree with @DreadfulCadillac. You should really reel it in some. Posting a bunch of "useless" threads, that neither help or hurt the functionality of the game just to create as many threads as you want, maybe to better your status on the forum, is just not the best way of going about it.

Secondly, I personally dislike having "guild hoppers" join my guild. I would rather have loyal members that are on a common ground. Plus, having them come through your guild could possibly intrigue others to try the same thing.

BruteForceAttack

some guilds dont seem to like guild hoppers but some are ok with it what do u think?
should guild hoppers be let back in the guild without getting kicked from the guild?

If a guild doesn't want guild hoppers they can change the guild settings, otherwise nothing wrong with folks using guilds that are open to join for their own advantage.

DeletedUser40473

If a guild doesn't want guild hoppers they can change the guild settings, otherwise nothing wrong with folks using guilds that are open to join for their own advantage.
yes if they dont like guild hoppers they can make it where u have to apply

Emberguard

Guild hoppers will “damage” a guild in the sense that having a lot of “X joined, X left” makes any new joiners less likely to stay.

But I have actually seen it work wonders in a guild that temporarily used it to recruit new blood and then closed off the auto join once their numbers had increased. The big difference is they made it clear in no uncertain terms in the auto generated guild thread that it was an active established guild and they were looking for players to join them. Most auto join guilds don’t do that so it ends up looking like a ghost town in the one thread they’d see upon joining

DeletedUser

they can harm, cause some are looking to snipe the guild, most arent tho
So they mo/po and dole out free FPs? Sounds like a win/win to me. When I guild hop, I usually check the market. Sometimes there are unbalanced trades in favor of the one taking the trades. Visited a guild this week on one world where there was a page and a half of lucrative trades I was able to snap up.

DreadfulCadillac

So they mo/po and dole out free FPs? Sounds like a win/win to me. When I guild hop, I usually check the market. Sometimes there are unbalanced trades in favor of the one taking the trades. Visited a guild this week on one world where there was a page and a half of lucrative trades I was able to snap up.
i mean snipeing, which is a net loss of fp DUH

DeletedUser

i mean snipeing, which is a net loss of fp DUH
Not to the GB owner or the guild. It is FP that would not have been there. The only time it hurts is when the guild has newer or lower level players that are desperate for BPs, and even then it still helps get that GB closer to the next level where there will be even more BPs available. Still beneficial to the guild in the long run.

Your contention that it somehow hurts the guild is a symptom of the Arc virus, where everything is weighed on some arbitrary scale of net gain/net loss of FPs. Such a snipe barely registers on a decent guild, unless the guild hopper quits being a guild hopper and stays there sniping his new guild mates over and over. And only a guild that is not well run would allow such a player to stay, so...

DeletedUser40495

Guild hopping snipers do hurt the guilds they snipe in. They will snipe spots for less than the 1.8 - 1.9 range, which will prevent the owners of the sniped GBs from getting FP that they could have received in their guilds 1.9/1.8 thread. They will also prevent guild members from getting those rewards.

I don’t disagree with guild hopping snipers, when my arc reaches 80 I may do it myself for a little while, but to say that guild hopping snipers don’t negatively impact the guilds they snipe in (even if the impact is small in some cases) is like saying that plundering doesn’t negatively impact the plundered player.

Emberguard

I agree with Steph. More often then not a sniper is a good thing and helps everyone out. Only time it doesn’t is if you’ve organised 1.x and they lock in for less preventing you from getting 1.x in at all. Everyone in a swap group gains far more from snipers then any loss of rewards could ever provide