• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would You Pay for Motivation...?

Freshmeboy

As it stands now, we have a collection icon that costs five diamonds...it's a massive time saver for those with tight schedules and can help maintain the same daily collection time literally for months.
While aiding is a necessary evil, not all players aid daily and weekends and holidays tend to leave one short on motivation as players tend to real life. Loss of "motes" may not affect lower age, newer players but those with SoK farms and years of event buildings tend to feel the sting.
So the question is this: Would you pay for motes...? Click an icon and the double check menu pops up and says "Pay 32 diamonds to motivate 16 buildings...?" Affirm and then collect
I understand we have self aid kits and mass self aid kits, I know that aiding is an integral part of the game and keeps players playing longer which equals more revenues. I realize that such a tool would allow players to play without interaction with others simply by using their wallets...
But it would also be a time saving tool that generates daily revenue for INNO and would likely keep many players that quit this game due to the aiding factor taking up their time....
What say you....?

DeletedUser37581

I think it makes more sense to change your city based on the amount of pol/mots you normally get. If you are consistently 10 pol/mots away from getting everything boosted, then look at getting rid of some Sacred Sky Watches and putting in some Terrace Farms. This is a city building game, and there is strategy involved in efficiently using your resources. And the pol/mots you receive are one of those resources.

BruteForceAttack

As it stands now, we have a collection icon that costs five diamonds...it's a massive time saver for those with tight schedules and can help maintain the same daily collection time literally for months.
While aiding is a necessary evil, not all players aid daily and weekends and holidays tend to leave one short on motivation as players tend to real life. Loss of "motes" may not affect lower age, newer players but those with SoK farms and years of event buildings tend to feel the sting.
So the question is this: Would you pay for motes...? Click an icon and the double check menu pops up and says "Pay 32 diamonds to motivate 16 buildings...?" Affirm and then collect
I understand we have self aid kits and mass self aid kits, I know that aiding is an integral part of the game and keeps players playing longer which equals more revenues. I realize that such a tool would allow players to play without interaction with others simply by using their wallets...
But it would also be a time saving tool that generates daily revenue for INNO and would likely keep many players that quit this game due to the aiding factor taking up their time....
What say you....?

Or just Aid all button

Algona

My experimental city(I do Diamond collect it) is chronically short on motivations. That's a self inflicted problem though. Crammed with way too many Aid targets combined witha 35 member Guild and 70 Friends. So I;ve been burning Self Aids and mass motis and Aiding the hood and all sorts of stuff as experiments.

Would I pay Diamonds to motivate? Sure. I'm typically short on 10 SoK at collection, I;d happily pay 5 Diamonds to have those motivated and then 5 more diamonds to make the collection.

But I don't really need to. I've had to push beyond limits that a reasonable city might have to put myself in a position where I would need this ability.

This would be an obvious mistake for INNO. INNO currently sells 1 FP for 50 Diamonds. All a player would have to do is overclock their city stuffing it with more FP Pproducers then they can get Aid for, pay 5 Diamonds instead of hundreds of Diamonds.

Interesting idea, not seeing it as a necessity or particularly good for INN, but who knows? Curious what others think about if they would use / need such.

Or just Aid all button

Which still amounts to easy free BPs for Guild Hoppers.

Algona

With limit of once per day or a Aid all kit and no not a plunder all kit....lol

Which means development and testing for something that has minimal effect on what the OP asked about; getting unmotivated buildigns motivated.

Which would you be able to use Aid All once per day on? Hood? Guild? Friends? All three? Given INNO is hell bent on getting player to spend more time ion game, is Aid all something INNO should consider? Is giving Guild Hoppers 21 fast Aid Alls pe week a good idea?.

lol

BruteForceAttack

QUOTE="Algona, post: 265571, member: 17103"]Which means development and testing for something that has minimal effect on what the OP asked about; getting unmotivated buildigns motivated.

Which would you be able to use Aid All once per day on? Hood? Guild? Friends? All three? Given INNO is hell bent on getting player to spend more time ion game, is Aid all something INNO should consider? Is giving Guild Hoppers 21 fast Aid Alls pe week a good idea?.

lol[/QUOTE]

For me, Aid All is aid everyone that you can aid... Inno has developed new ways for players to spend more time on game, viz settlements and few more in pipeline
Antique dealer bidding, gbg/gvg 4 hr refresh, gvg etc

Freshmeboy

The issue with the aid all button has been run down many times before..The sheer overload on the server as players demand instant aid on up to 180 other players. The process itself for each aid takes some time as the random factor for prints kicks in as the programming searches each city for something to aid/mote. Imagine 10K players demanding 180 aids simultaneously.
The question still remains: Would you pay for motes...? I set up an example of 2 diamonds per mote but that could increase to 5 per mote. 50 diamonds per day may indeed be shooting INNO in the foot on fp purchase by diamond but I'm sure their data would show that only noobs use diamonds at the beginning of the game.
Locking the diamond mote icon to an upper age technology, say the middle ages, would help in that respect.
Alot of ways to go about this but before I set up a proposal I thought I would garner interest and ideas from our knowledgeable posters here....

BruteForceAttack

The issue with the aid all button has been run down many times before..The sheer overload on the server as players demand instant aid on up to 180 other players. The process itself for each aid takes some time as the random factor for prints kicks in as the programming searches each city for something to aid/mote. Imagine 10K players demanding 180 aids simultaneously.
The question still remains: Would you pay for motes...? I set up an example of 2 diamonds per mote but that could increase to 5 per mote. 50 diamonds per day may indeed be shooting INNO in the foot on fp purchase by diamond but I'm sure their data would show that only noobs use diamonds at the beginning of the game.
Locking the diamond mote icon to an upper age technology, say the middle ages, would help in that respect.
Alot of ways to go about this but before I set up a proposal I thought I would garner interest and ideas from our knowledgeable posters here....

Well since you said planning for proposal doesn't it fall under DSL?

• Ideas to make yourself richer...or make the game easier. (The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.)
  • Changes regarding Diamonds (Costs of items and features, package prices, uses of Diamonds, easier access to Diamonds, etc.)

Freshmeboy

Interesting.....This isn't a change to an existing feature. It's a new feature that caters to INNO's pocketbook first and foremost. Most proposals ask for something for nothing...mine would put a price on it. I believe its a matter of semantics with the DNSL but would await a ruling from a mod.
Another note here as I flesh this out. I believe most players with massive fp cities would use this. And those same players would castrate themselves before actually using 50 diamonds to purchase an fp. If your city produces, like mine, 150+ fps daily, does the loss of 10 fps on Saturday night ruin your game...? How about over the holidays...? No, it doesn't and I'm betting INNO's data shows that long tenured players don't use diamonds on fps.
I believe this would be a moneymaker for INNO as mature players would use it daily just as they use the collection button. Regular revenue is always preferable to one shot purchases and when a player becomes conditioned to using this feature diamond purchase would indeed rise.
I may be wrong but from a business angle this looks viable...

DeletedUser

I believe its a matter of semantics with the DNSL but would await a ruling from a mod.
Consider it ruled. I agree with @BruteForceAttack's points. It would violate the DNSL on two counts. (At least.)

From a balance perspective, it would greatly reduce the Diamond cost of FPs for cities that have been around a long time. I've seen it mentioned multiple times over the years that long time players end up with dozens of SoKs that they don't place because of the Motivations. Imagine someone who could now place another 30 SoKs and pay 5 Diamonds to motivate them. That's a 6:1 FP to Diamond ratio instead of the standard 1:50 ratio currently. I would pay that, but I don't think Inno would buy it. ;)

Freshmeboy

.INNO can place whatever cost they wish on the motes and SoK's take space to plant. If players have the space and want to plant them but their number exceeds the amount of motes that can be given, why not allow them the option....? If a player spends zero diamonds on fp purchases but is willing to pay 5 diamonds per mote where does INNO lose...? Seriously, when was the last time any mature player used diamonds for fps...?
But thanks for answering the question..I, too, would spend diamonds daily for the extra motes. This begs the question though, Mr. Longshanks...Does this mean any future proposal that takes into account INNO's end (revenue building) will be considered DSNL...?

Algona

Does this mean any future proposal that takes into account INNO's end (revenue building) will be considered DSNL...?

The Diamonds clause of the Dnsl was there when I joined the frurms. It's not a Mod added item, it came straight from the devs. Which I always thought was weird, it would seem that if the players want to beg INNO to let us spend more money INNO would want to listen. Jaelis and oher modshave consistently interpreted that as not allowing any new use of Diamonds, inluding Proposals that would have lined INNO's pockets.

But... INNO has made it a lot easier for players to get Diamonds the last couple years with GE lvl 4 and the ease of acquiring WWs and WW Shrink Kits. In game terms Diamonds do not necessarily equal money any more.

Maybe allowing the payer base to make Diamond Proposals ain't such a bad idea.

DeletedUser

Does this mean any future proposal that takes into account INNO's end (revenue building) will be considered DSNL...?
As @Algona points out, that clause has been in the DNSL a long time. Look at it this way, without that clause every proposal would throw in a "revenue stream" for Inno to try to soften up the developers' attitude towards it. Even with the clause it still happens sometimes. Apparently the developers are secure in their own ability to dream up new ways to get us to open our wallets.:)

BruteForceAttack

.INNO can place whatever cost they wish on the motes and SoK's take space to plant. If players have the space and want to plant them but their number exceeds the amount of motes that can be given, why not allow them the option....? If a player spends zero diamonds on fp purchases but is willing to pay 5 diamonds per mote where does INNO lose...? Seriously, when was the last time any mature player used diamonds for fps...?
But thanks for answering the question..I, too, would spend diamonds daily for the extra motes. This begs the question though, Mr. Longshanks...Does this mean any future proposal that takes into account INNO's end (revenue building) will be considered DSNL...?

Requesting features based on premium currency is generally a non starter because it may skew the balance of the game, even if we let that go as there are many such features that already exists...folks will start asking for all kind of stuff
e.g Let Inno charge some diamonds for a guild report, which will contain blah blah blah
Can I spend diamonds and inno gives me list of gbs that i can donate to make fps, or get bps
There have already been proposals for premium flags, custom avatars etc...

if inno goes down the route and makes many features pay only...game will become not that much fun for free loaders...

Freshmeboy

Most games charge in game currency for speed and upgrades...INNO has some of these already in play....Free players typically disdain pay to win games..that isn't the case here in FoE...you can't really "win" this game....