• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Virgo Project

DeletedUser40855

This is not a great game to be playing if you don’t understand how percentages and probability work
Been playing this game for 4 years . My kraken and ao are both in the level 50s. I understand percentage but mine has not worked once . A buddy of mine has a level 50 Virgo and it is a piece of crap.

DeletedUser40855

I am trying to get them to fix this building and make it more usable, no one is getting this building because it really sucks. But people get on here and argue and don't have one.

DeletedUser40495

I am trying to get them to fix this building and make it more usable
Inno isn’t fixing anything. Nobody I have ever encountered besides you has had an issue with it. Wait a little bit longer than right after you get the GB (when it is only at level 3 mind you), before assuming that the game is not working properly. That’s pretty self centered to be honest. And stop saying that you understand percentages. If you did, you would know that you can’t expect a level 3 Virgo to work every time. Stop whining.

But people get on here and argue and don't have one.
You’re correct. Probably because:
no one is getting this building because it really sucks.
But it doesn’t suck because it doesn’t work. It works, so stop being self centered and saying that just because you haven’t had any luck yourself, it suddenly doesn’t work and Inno has to change the game because of you. Not many people are building the Virgo for two reasons (and neither of them are that it “doesn’t work”):
  1. It’s second bonus is coins
  2. It doesn’t work in PvP
So stop saying that Virgo doesn’t work just because you have had poor luck with it. It does work, and your entitled whining is not only self centered, but absolute nonsense considering your circumstances (only having the GB for 3 days at level 3).

I truly do hope your luck gets better, but in the meantime have a little patience and make less assumptions about things you obviously don’t understand.

Graviton

I am trying to get them to fix this building and make it more usable, no one is getting this building because it really sucks. But people get on here and argue and don't have one.

You don't need to have one to know that your sample size is far too small to determine anything. Besides, just think about it: you're asking for anecdotal evidence while ignoring objective math. That's backwards.

Triopoly Champion

You’re correct. Probably because:

But it doesn’t suck because it doesn’t work.

I truly do hope your luck gets better, but in the meantime have a little patience and make less assumptions about things you obviously don’t understand.
I don't know why, but my Virgo Project level 3 activates in Colonial GE level 4 almost all the time, however I've noticed my luck often goes when my attacking army is composed of 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues. I only had 1 set of Virgo Missiles(1/over 15) launched when I used 1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues. It's the best to collect Virgo coins in a different time from the Kraken, so both of them don't activate the same time.

Colonial GE Encounter #62 Wave 1 -
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #62 Wave 1 after Virgo Project.jpg

Colonial GE Encounter #64 Wave 1 -
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #64 Wave 1 after Virgo Project.jpg

DeletedUser32906

Mines only at level 9 but it has been greatly helpful pushing forward on the map. After I run up some of my other buildings on Noarsil and gather up a nice stock of prints I plan to run it on up more in prep for The Guild Battle Grounds

DeletedUser

The topic is the Virgo Project GB, please stick to that topic and avoid side arguments. (Or make your own thread to argue in.)

BruteForceAttack

What level does it start to work and does any one have one?

Think about it this way, if someone asks you when they toss a coin 3 times which time it will land on heads.. You probably will answer it myabe 1st or 2nd or 3rd or non atall..as it is just a "chance". Same thing goes with this game and any game with where chance is involved. In our guild few weeks ago we had a gal who who 200 fps on level 1 HC and 1st try and there are many folks who have got nothing for few levels go figure...

DeletedUser33576

My complaint is the number of chances... I wish it would increase the chances more like HC and BG. It takes a lot to get to level 17-18 to add 4th chance. Then it’s a long time till 5th... I’ve had it work once and it was cool to see half the army go.

Jern2017

What does the animation when its bonus activates look like?

I like the animation when the Kraken activates, I'm guessing the one from the VP appears as some sort of explosion?

DeletedUser32973

This building and its nerf have always been curious to me. Even with pvp it's not worth the space (and definitely not the investment) in the current state of the game. I guess this is a prime example of a "worthless" but "fun" great building. The only reason I can think of to remove it from pvp is to prevent complaints from those who have wasted half their city space on defense. I can't imagine anyone who has spent that much space on defense is serious about the game in the first place though. What a conundrum!

qaccy

This building and its nerf have always been curious to me. Even with pvp it's not worth the space (and definitely not the investment) in the current state of the game. I guess this is a prime example of a "worthless" but "fun" great building. The only reason I can think of to remove it from pvp is to prevent complaints from those who have wasted half their city space on defense. I can't imagine anyone who has spent that much space on defense is serious about the game in the first place though. What a conundrum!

People also play the game to get a higher global rank, which is arguably even more pointless as that doesn't even provide a gameplay benefit. However, much like how the people who devote city space to defense feel good when said defenses cause an attacker to retreat or fail, players who pursue global ranking enjoy working to climb up on the list.

But to your comment about 'the current state of the game', perhaps you're right. Every new GB needs to have some sort of FP bonus attached to it or it's going to be pretty quickly dismissed by the vocal community.

DeletedUser32973

People also play the game to get a higher global rank, which is arguably even more pointless as that doesn't even provide a gameplay benefit. However, much like how the people who devote city space to defense feel good when said defenses cause an attacker to retreat or fail, players who pursue global ranking enjoy working to climb up on the list.

But to your comment about 'the current state of the game', perhaps you're right. Every new GB needs to have some sort of FP bonus attached to it or it's going to be pretty quickly dismissed by the vocal community.

I don't think an FP bonus is necessary. You can have a useful great building without it, and there are plenty of them in the game already. I think we all know the problems with Virgo's main boost, so I'll leave it at that. Anyway, I would argue being in the top 10 on the global ranking is very useful for goods merchants ;). Additionally having enough ranking points to be in the top half of the hood probably works as a better defense boost than having defensive structures themselves. It's my theory that Inno Games provides defensive GB's and structures to trick players into slowing their own progress in the game.

sirblu

Now that Inno has taken away the VP's ability to be used in PvP battles, are there any plans to re-balance the rewards from this GB so it is more inline with other GB's. For example, increase the chance %'s at a lower level or up the amount of strikes it provides at a lower level or both? 4 strikes at lvl 18 with a 46.88% chance and 5 strikes at lvl 45 to 80 with a 64.72% chance to 69.45% chance is ridiculous for the amount of FP's required to bring it to those levels!