• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How Viable Are Hover Tanks?

mamboking053

Was looking at the cities of the top players and one guy who is in VF still had a bunch of Hover Tank Bases. I've heard these were some mean machines, but how much life do they have? Are they really viable all the way into VF?

Agent327

Was looking at the cities of the top players and one guy who is in VF still had a bunch of Hover Tank Bases. I've heard these were some mean machines, but how much life do they have? Are they really viable all the way into VF?

Yes absolutely. VF has no units that ignore stealth.

Freshmeboy

Very viable...the skiing, boarding and tubing off the back of one of these mothers is awesome....Difficult to surf though as their turning radius is weak in the ocean..

BruteForceAttack

You can use HT in FE/OF/VF, however AF Plasma's kill HT easily and they don't stand much chance against SAM Tesla.

DeletedUser

Don't you think I did not try it? Hovers have reactive armor. He is talking about top players. Not saying I am one, but plasma's can not do it easily. Tesla's can.
Hovers have Force Field, not Reactive Armor. And Hovers will still win battles against an army with a couple of Plasmas, but will definitely suffer more losses. And @BruteForceAttack's point didn't seem to be that battles would be lost, just that you'll lose some Hovers if facing an army with Plasmas.

BruteForceAttack

Don't you think I did not try it? Hovers have reactive armor. He is talking about top players. Not saying I am one, but I can use hovers against plasma on auto and never lose. I lose some units, but never the battle.

As Plasma's ignore stealth and hit first, they can stay way back and hit almost every corner of the map. In GVG, even with 250+ defense on your attacking units when you auto battle you lose some units..with lesser defense you lose more and for sure few battles making it deadly. In AF GE if someone tries to use hover tanks all the way and auto battle they will lose few battles for sure.

Last edited:

Agent327

Hovers have Force Field, not Reactive Armor. And Hovers will still win battles against an army with a couple of Plasmas, but will definitely suffer more losses. And @BruteForceAttack's point didn't seem to be that battles would be lost, just that you'll lose some Hovers if facing an army with Plasmas.

No losses against an army with a couple of Plasma's. In the end, you only lose against all Plasma's and that is something you do not encounter in GE. At least not in OF and VF, so that is why players in later era's still have them.
BFA said they can beat Hovers easily and that is not the case. Easily is how Tesla's do it.

As Plasma's ignore stealth and hit first, they can stay way back and hit almost every corner of the map. In GVG, even with 250+ defense on your attacking units when you auto battle you lose some units..with lesser defense you lose more and for sure few battles making it deadly. In AF GE if someone tries to use hover tanks all the way and auto battle they will lose few battles for sure.

Question was about VF.

DeletedUser

BFA said they can beat Hovers easily and that is not the case.
No, he didn't. He said:
Plasma's ignore stealth and move before Hover Tanks, therefore deadly against Hover Tanks.
Individually they can beat Hover Tanks, and if you ever did run up against 8 Plasmas they would beat an army of Hovers. However, if there are only two or three, an army of Hover Tanks will still prevail but it will take losses for the reasons that BFA stated.

BruteForceAttack

Yes he did

Dude...Generally when someone compares two units, they mean when they go head to head (or unit with rouges ) and not with combo of other units, not in some specific age GE etc

Take 1 HT vs 1 Plasma, ---Most likely Plasma will always win.

Go with 8HT vs 8 Plasma -- Most likely Plasma's will win.

Similarly 1HT 1 Dragon drones vs 8 Plasma -- For sure Plasma will always lose...

You can keep twisting and turning whatever you want....anyhooo takecare...you got my iggy..:)

Moving on... @mamboking053 why does a VF guy has HT racks?

Already answered i guess..

Maybe they guy does FE GVG

HT gives attack bonus..

HT can be used in few VF GE.

Last edited:

mamboking053

Is that 250 defense or 250% defense boost?