• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Selling Great Buildings

DeletedUser20197

I am trying to sell my Deal Castle but it won't allow me to. The sell button shows gray and I can't change it to green. Can we not sell GB's anymore, I am confused?

Thanks
Knot5454

DeletedUser40061

Who in their right mind would want to sell a GB? After put so much resources building it? Of course its the owner's right to do whatever he/she wants to do with it, no argument from me... for me i want to horde every GB i unlock

Kranyar the Mysterious

Who in their right mind would want to sell a GB? After put so much resources building it? Of course its the owner's right to do whatever he/she wants to do with it, no argument from me... for me i want to horde every GB i unlock

I have deleted an 2 Oracles and 3 Towers of Babel when they became useless (didn't need the population or goods from the Babel or the supplies from the Oracle once I had my HC's). I also deleted an Inno Tower when I didn't need any of the population, and people kept leveling it up with no input from me and I kept having to scramble for happiness.

I plan to tear down my LoA and Observatory in my main city soon, they are both redundant for me there since my Chateau and Arc are both over level 80, and my HC produces all the supplies I need (making the LoA boost a drop in the bucket). They only remain as place holders for future great buildings.

In my cities, space and efficiency are more important than a few low level great buildings that have out lived their usefulness. If my Inno Tower had been power leveled, I wouldn't have deleted that one, but at low level it didn't matter.

If I ever want one of those buildings back I have hundreds of sets of prints for most of them, and dozens of sets for the IT. Rebuilding would be no biggie.

Jern2017

If you knew what you were doing, sure. I deleted three GBs - LoA, ToB and Capitol. I kept the first two for their goods production, but got rid of them when I realized I don't need a ton of goods for my play style. I foolishly built the Capitol, not noticing the Innovation Tower has a much better population output.

I imagine there are quite a few players that built useless GBs when they started playing and instead of them wasting valuable space in their cities, they decided to sacrifice FPs they invested and delete those GBs instead.

Lancer

I've deleted Colosseum, Hagia, Observatory, and Oracle in my main world. I then actually rebuilt the Oracle to help a couple people with bps. I'm close to deleting it again though.

DeletedUser40913

I have deleted at least 5 GBs, maybe more lost count over the years. Most take up to much space, that you can place different event buildings that give you a lot more items. I keep all fighting boost GBs, ARC, etc. Since I do a lot fighting in GVG, GE an d cont. map and mars ore. I needed the room for 25 barracks and 18 rogue dens. I have 625% attack boost, from mostly event buildings. Also no problem with happiness from the same.

DeletedUser41019

I didn't realize anyone would want to delete a great building. I only have two, oracle of delphi and lighthouse of alexandria, both are extremely useful.

Graviton

You'll want to delete that Oracle at some point. Maybe even the LoA, but that's farther down the line. As your city grows your needs change and some buildings, even GBs, can become obsolete to your play style.

DeletedUser41019

LoA? I'll have to wait and see how it pans out, right now I feel I still want it and need it, and I've invested a lot of forge points in upgrading it to level 5. My play style at the moment is take my time and make sure everything is done properly. When I'm around halfway through an age, I start planning for the next one and saving resources for when I unlock upgrades to buildings and stuff like that. Oracle only plays a small part in my supplies productions compared to my cooperages, but that can change with more investment.

Bruadhin

I've deleted Colosseum, Hagia, Observatory, and Oracle in my main world. I then actually rebuilt the Oracle to help a couple people with bps. I'm close to deleting it again though.

You should have helped them out by telling them to find a better use for those FPs. I only wish I hadn't wasted any FP on the Oracle.

DevaCat

:)Helen, you described in another thread entering Colonial just recently, so with only two GBs built, deleting any will be far, far in the future. Your city would be better served by building more.

The LoA is useful and will be for some time to come, wouldn't hurt at all to take it to ten or higher. The Oracle however is simply not worth investing more in -- there are better options for productions/supplies, event buildings for example. It's small tho and won't hurt to keep a while. I have one in my LMA city still, as a placeholder for something better in time.

Instead of dropping more fps into the Oracle, upgrade your production buildings. :)

Lancer

:)Helen, you described in another thread entering Colonial just recently, so with only two GBs built, deleting any will be far, far in the future. Your city would be better served by building more.

The LoA is useful and will be for some time to come, wouldn't hurt at all to take it to ten or higher. The Oracle however is simply not worth investing more in -- there are better options for productions/supplies, event buildings for example. It's small tho and won't hurt to keep a while. I have one in my LMA city still, as a placeholder for something better in time.

Instead of dropping more fps into the Oracle, upgrade your production buildings. :)

I would have to agree with you on this.

DeletedUser41019

More production buildings, I figured that until I get the Colonial age equivalent, my ten cooperages should be enough for now, they produce most of my supplies anyway. Oh, LoA is lighthouse of alexandria... I see. I tend to dump forge points into it when I'm taking a breather to gather more resources so I can progress on the map or tech tree, or to build something new. No sense in rushing anything, I like to do the game properly and get everything I can. I tend to keep things as long as I have the space and it isn't impreding something else. The oracle isn't as useful as it was in Iron age... but then I've kind of ignored it for a good while. I tend to go with the Tesco slogan... every little helps.

DeletedUser40527

I've only been playing since the soccer event earlier this year, and currently in HMA. I've already sold my Oracle. Replaced with a Hagia Sophia. Waaay more happiness, that I've gotten rid of all decorations and cultural buildings. The benefit of that is that all your aids from your friends will go to production buildings instead of being "wasted" on happiness buildings. Plus, Hagia generates forge points too. When a GB has outlived its usefulness, don't feel bad about selling it. And my supplies keep increasing every day. Currently up to 7 million and growing. The amount that I was getting from the oracle was a drop in the bucket.