• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer is live now

DeletedUser33179

Just logged in & have the antiques dealer on each of my worlds - came with an initial large popup introducing it in game. But, there's no announcement of it in forum that today is the day. Nice for it coming finally, though

Edit: actually, there's an annoucement from friday (& last edited Saturday) that the it's in city "now" meaning on that earlier date, which we know Inno had difficulty working out the kinks of it til now.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/antiques-dealer.26729/
(added for clarity that "now" referred to an earlier date, not today)

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

I saw that. Generally, they post the announcements and get them set up early, which means once they become public they are buried beneath the others.

DeletedUser33179

The game update release notes over past few days erroneously listed July 29th as start date, & Inno was getting lots of questions on that date as to its whereabouts when it was a no-show. Figures Inno doesn't say anything on forum now that it's here. Surprisingly, they dont have an official feedback thread created yet - something they always have. A bit odd (or perhaps bit rushed to get back on track timing-wise).

DeletedUser33179

Goodbye to all the gate of the sun gods & face of the ancients

UBERhelp1

Anyhooo....tip from beta

Initially sell low value items without gems frequently (2hours) till more slots open, when you have multiple slots open sell big ticket items with gems and set the timing for 24 hours. This way you will earn more gems.
I'd recommend selling one high-value item first, maybe even doing an 8 or 24-hour barter, just to get a couple of gems and a lot of coins, just in case there is some auction item that you really want. Then sell lots of cheap items to unlock slots. Since most people will start by selling cheap items, you will be in the lead with lots of coins right off the bat.

BruteForceAttack

I'd recommend selling one high-value item first, maybe even doing an 8 or 24-hour barter, just to get a couple of gems and a lot of coins, just in case there is some auction item that you really want. Then sell lots of cheap items to unlock slots. Since most people will start by selling cheap items, you will be in the lead with lots of coins right off the bat.

Even do sell now.. if the first prize is some upgrade that you NEEEED.

BruteForceAttack

I take the long view of the game (lots of patience). There is nothing I NEEEED that I won't be able to get in due time.

True, here is the case for a fellow guild mate. He is 1 short of fully upgraded grand bridge and current bid is only 1980 coins. Let's see what the final bid will be.

EDIT: Grand Bridge upgrade for 2412 coins

Last edited:

DeletedUser25795

I have a guild mate that says theirs is "locked". Not sure what they mean but they are high age so have the tech unlocked. Anyone else come across this problem and know how to fix it. Thanks