• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Add Favorites to Army Selection

DeletedUser32973

Eh how does this make the game more easy? I think you guys are confusing tedious with hard. Lets say we have to click a button 1 million times to get some resource. Is this hard? No, it's foolish and tedious. Does making it a single click make it easier? No, it makes it less tedious. The difficulty in Forge of Empires lies not in the tedious and mundane day to day tasks, but the long term strategizing. I'm guessing aiding friends is "hard" too, and it would make the game easier to implement an aid all feature. Look, we all know what the purpose is of most of the features in FOE. That purpose is to make you do repetitive mindless tasks to keep you in the game longer. Lets separate tedious repetition and true difficulty shall we?

The true question is at what point should Inno reduce the time taken for older tasks as the features in the game increase. There needs to be a balance, and currently Inno is in danger of, or already has, crossed the line of having too many time consuming tasks in FoE. Lets consider, for instance, the aid all feature, one of the most common topics that is brought up in the forums. At what point is it reasonable to implement an aid all button due to, I dare say, too much feature bloat? Player burn out is a thing folks.

Anyway, +1 from me on this proposal, and my justification lies in the above text.

DeletedUser33179

Inno would need to spend quite a bit of time designing such a feature -including making sure it accounts for injured/healthy, attached/unattached, troops avaiable when made the "Favorite" but some then not available when wanted to use it (have no more of a age/unit type troop). IMHO, the return on that investment in terms of time saved by some players seems very small.

DeletedUser32973

Inno would need to spend quite a bit of time designing such a feature -including making sure it accounts for injured/healthy, attached/unattached, troops avaiable when made the "Favorite" but some then not available when wanted to use it (have no more of a age/unit type troop). IMHO, the return on that investment in terms of time saved by some players seems very small.

The actual code accounting for injured, unattached, etc shouldn't be at all difficult to implement. If it is then Inno has some bad spaghetti code that needs to be worked out anyway. Failed requests to the army database would just result in empty spots in the army (or a completely empty army if you have none of the units). Development time added for those conditionals would be less than negligible. As for the bulk of the feature my prediction would be that it would still be pretty minor (not a whole lot more complex than the search feature they added in our inventory).