• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question on "Negotiating" in GE

• Thread starter DeletedUser41000
  • Start date

DeletedUser41000

Just a quick question. When you put goods, gold coin, etc into the negotiation box, and these are rejected, do you still lose them or do they only take the accepted items?

Super Catanian

Once you press that pay button, any resources placed on the available boxes are removed from your stock, no matter if you win or lose that negotiation.
This also applies to any Diamonds spent for extra turns.

Freshmeboy

While I negotiate infrequently, its process of elimination pure and simple. Use the tavern boost before setting out on the negotiations requiring 6 or more goods. I don't think its much more than that. Don't use diamonds for an extra turn, buy an extra attempt instead...medals are cheaper..Good luck

Jern2017

Just a quick question. When you put goods, gold coin, etc into the negotiation box, and these are rejected, do you still lose them or do they only take the accepted items?

This can be a good way to determine how well advanced you are, goods stock wise.

If you're concerned about having to exit a negotiation without completing it and having to give an encounter a couple of tries to get it right, that's a sign you need to boost your goods production.

Brunenjii

*cough* Chateau *cough* Frontenac

Frog in your throat?

How far are you into the guild expedition? The first 3 levels (or 48 encounters) aren't too hard on the goods, but once you get near the end of level 4, you'll often be spending close to 100 goods per negotiation.

DeletedUser40495

Frog in your throat?
No, just subtlety hinting at a very efficient way of producing plenty of goods.

How far are you into the guild expedition?
I finish level 4 every time.

The first 3 levels (or 48 encounters) aren't too hard on the goods, but once you get near the end of level 4, you'll often be spending close to 100 goods per negotiation.
I’m aware of this.

So... your point of posting this was???:rolleyes:

DeletedUser40495

Latter half was addressing the OP. Thought it was obvious, but I guess I was wrong.
You quoted me and then switched who you were addressing without at least mentioning the name of the new person you are addressing?

Sorry that I misunderstood you, but that’s why

DeletedUser15539

Mind telling your negotiation strategy for minimizing costs?
My GE negotiating strategy is simple. I don't do it. I went to a lot of effort to get my boosts up enough that I can win all 64 battles. My strategy is to make GE a source of diamonds and goods, not a drain of them.

Goth Almighty

I went to a lot of effort to get my boosts up enough that I can win all 64 battles. My strategy is to make GE a source of diamonds and goods, not a drain of them.

Winning all 64 battles costs you in terms of lost units that your barracks and Traz have to replace, plus the diamonds that you use to repair their health, as little as that may be. Plus, most players don't realize that with the proper assortment of goods producing GBs and w/o any goods producing bldgs at all, you can negotiate through all 4 levels of the GE and still increase your current and previous goods in inventory. I prefer to fight only bc it's way quicker, at least thru the first two levels.

Agent327

Winning all 64 battles costs you in terms of lost units that your barracks and Traz have to replace, plus the diamonds that you use to repair their health, as little as that may be.

I never pay to repair the health of my units and the number of units I lose is equal to the number of units I get from GE.