• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What's The Best Beer?

cton2.forge

I rarely drink alcohol. When I do,

I drink Dos Equis!

But seriously though, Redneck Gatorade (BL Lime). I love going to those little social gatherings and all the cool kids show up with their fancy 6 packs of expensive imports and it's gone in no time flat. Yours truly shows up with a case of BL Lime (that, by the way, cost less than their cute little 6 pack) and before the night is over all the cool kids are trying to get into the Gatorade.

PBR is also an acceptable response. Or Southpaw. But not Steele Reserve...

Lannister the Rich

Leinenkugel’s ...Summer Shandy, Grapefruit Shandy, my God they’re all delicious by them.

I also like sours and there’s a bunch breweries in my town that make a sour or berliner weiss

Lancer

When it comes to beer I would prefer Miller Lite. When it comes to something stronger then I would prefer SoCo. (SoCo is short for Southern Comfort)

Mustapha00

If this is against the posting rules, I do apologize.

If you're fond of beers/ciders/meads and the like not familiar with an app called "Untappd", well shame on you!

Untappd is sort of like Netflix for beer. After you "check in" a few beers that you've tried, it begins to figure out what you drink and suggests other beers which are of a similar type (IPAs, sours, ales, stouts- whatever). You can rate beers, see what is available at various watering holes, add Friends and see what they're drinking and look for Events in your area (or areas you travel to). I have found it very seldom steers me in the wrong direction.

I've discovered that I'm a fan of Stouts and, to a lesser extent, Porters. I'm also fond of Ciders and Meads, but I prefer the heavier stuff.

The "best" (so far!) I've tried is a local Barrel Aged Vanilla Stout which was aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels. Durn shame it was a limited release.

ahsay

I drink Dos Equis!

But seriously though, Redneck Gatorade (BL Lime). I love going to those little social gatherings and all the cool kids show up with their fancy 6 packs of expensive imports and it's gone in no time flat. Yours truly shows up with a case of BL Lime (that, by the way, cost less than their cute little 6 pack) and before the night is over all the cool kids are trying to get into the Gatorade.

PBR is also an acceptable response. Or Southpaw. But not Steele Reserve...
I love it when the rednecks show up with water beer. I get a righteous buzz, from my "cool beer" that they could never get and then I can maintain that buzz at their expense...thanks.

The Lady Redneck

Abita Amber .. On a Warm evening, put it in the freezer just long enough for ice drystals to start to form in it. then go sit on the front porch and drink it slow.

The Lady Redneck

Correct, you should always drink hard liquor instead. Beer is meant to be chugged, not drank.
That should be further clarified
By all means drink hard liquor........ with one proviso.......... A Good Single Malt Scotch (Not Glenfiddich it is merely drain cleaner) should be contemplated with a slow sip first of all to savor the moment. Then you can drink it at a leisurely pace.

DeletedUser

Before 2008, Beamish Stout was perfect to savor while watching a game, yammering with friends, or quietly enjoying the evening.
Now, Deschutes Obsidian Stout if you can find it.

When stronger is wanted, Powers Gold Label Irish Whiskey or Ron Barcelo Imperial Rum. Each quite a different experience than the other, but both have you wanting to buy a bottle for home.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Before 2008, Beamish Stout was perfect to savor while watching a game, yammering with friends, or quietly enjoying the evening.
Now, Deschutes Obsidian Stout if you can find it.

When stronger is wanted, Powers Gold Label Irish Whiskey or Ron Barcelo Imperial Rum. Each quite a different experience than the other, but both have you wanting to buy a bottle for home.
Deschutes Brewery, Rogue, 10 Barrel, and Full Sail are all quite good. I love eating at Full Sail and having an IPApaya , or enjoying a pint of ale and pulled pork sandwich at 10 Barrel's original Bend location.