• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lumbermill inquiry

DeletedUser40061

why is lumbermill not avaliable in c map? Although i unlocked it in research tree, iam denied from adding bldg to city. I see many others who already have it. Iam in EMA btw. Very perplexing

DeletedUser40495

You don’t get a boost for all goods. Only 2 per age.

Lumber is not one of your boosted goods, so I would advise against building a lumbermill - only build the goods buildings you have the deposits for.

DeletedUser40061

Dont have the boost for it. Someone said if its not avaliable, then its unlikely ill ever get it.. i thought maybe in europe lol? Would of been nice to get it, oh well

Vger

Would of been nice to get it, oh well
Why? If you are in EMA, building a bronze age goods building doesn't make a lot of sense.
Build an EMA building you have the boost for.
Produce 10 EMA goods in 8 hrs.
Trade those 10 goods for 20 IA goods.
Trade those 20 goods for 40 lumber.
Profit!

DeletedUser30312

You need BA good for research up to HMA, so it may be useful to keep them around if you need to build a stockpile.

DeletedUser41019

You'd be better of building the goods buildings you have deposits for, this way you'll get ten instead of two produced per 8 hours. If you need some lumber, you can always use the market and exchange something else for it as needed. This is how I normally play :)

DeletedUser40527

Why? If you are in EMA, building a bronze age goods building doesn't make a lot of sense.
BA goods are also sometimes used to trade for higher age goods for GB construction. I'm currently in HMA, and paid for Arc goods and Chateau Fronterac goods with FPs, but needed about 1000 goods each, just to do the logistics of the trade since the exchange limits the trade ratio to 0.5. BA goods buildings were the cheapest way for me to get goods in terms of population and space needed for goods buildings. I was able to build 5 vineyards, and got about 1000 wine in a week or so.

DeletedUser41019

Hey, I've just gotten to colonal age and I've still got my bronze and iron age goods buildings. They cost next to nothing to run, take up sufficiently little space, and the goods can be exchanged for something else if I want to. I think whether to keep or build a certain building depends on if you've got the deposits on your map and on your play style. If you do a lot of trading it might be worth having them. The way I do it works for me, but that doesn't mean it would necessarily suit you. If you want a lumbermill, go ahead and build one and see how you go on with it. Someone suggested to me recently that I should probably think about selling them and getting back my space, but I have plenty of space... like I say, depends on how you play and what you want in the game, everyone does it a bit differently I think.

Freshmeboy

These days, with the incredible event buildings INNO has created, I haven't needed any goods buildings at all in my new city and my main hasn't had one in two+ years.....Perhaps you need them only as a heavy trading empire.....

DeletedUser40527

These days, with the incredible event buildings INNO has created, I haven't needed any goods buildings at all in my new city and my main hasn't had one in two+ years.....Perhaps you need them only as a heavy trading empire.....
Same here. I have no goods buildings. I get all my goods from recurring quests, GBs, event buildings, and GE.

DeletedUser40061

Sadly almost every friend i know, excluding guild has got their lumbermills up. Just one time i want one, oswyn prays to foe gods

Lancer

Sadly almost every friend i know, excluding guild has got their lumbermills up. Just one time i want one, oswyn prays to foe gods
Once you advance further in the continent map, you will eventually be able to gain additional early aged goods' boost.