• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Strategy Questions and/or Tips

Super Catanian

Great choice @Stephen Longshanks, if this works, maybe it could become a new norm?
I usually do this every two or three Events. I create a Progress thread, separate from the Feedback thread. Since my schedule is very unpredictable, I don't always know if I'll be active enough to participate, which is why I don't always do it. But I might start doing it again; some Forum regulars are used to it.

DeletedUser41065

Will there be another diamond sale with ingredients before the end of the event?

Regards

RazorbackPirate

Which of the three Mill Of Fall is best to get ???
It really depends on your play style and which of the 3 provides you more of what you need and will use. Even though it wasn't my favorite visually, I went with the Colorful Mill, since it gives the most FPs. That was the best choice for me, but it may not be the best choice for you.

DeletedUser12464

Is there a list of what will be in the "Today Special"? Waiting for a September Cottage upgrade as I don't think I can get enough just by finishing quests.

barra370804

Is there a list of what will be in the "Today Special"? Waiting for a September Cottage upgrade as I don't think I can get enough just by finishing quests.
I don't think there will be a daily special cottage upgrade, as it is the main event piece and there are many other ways to obtain it.

DeletedUser40996

You should get enough for 1 max cottage with the 75 quests done + from the recipe making unless your really bad at spending ingredients evenly as possible

Super Catanian

I don't think there will be a daily special cottage upgrade, as it is the main event piece and there are many other ways to obtain it.
This is correct. In events where you can get the full event reward from a quest line and participation in the event, those pieces are almost never daily specials.

Super Catanian

I think I might go for the Ponds Cottage, since it provides Goods as well as Forge Points.
What are your personal choices for the September Cottage?

DeletedUser41065

Will there be another daily special tomorrow?
Seems it will only be up for a few hours. The daily special resets for me at 7 am and the event will continue until 11:30 am, so I'm wondering.
Regards

Algona

Soooo. Grinding 5 minute Shrines in my Japanese Cultural Settlement...

How about some generic Event advice, tips and tricks and or a beginner;s guide to doing Evnets that some helpful mod could use as the lead post for the next Event Strategy thread?

----------

INNO has done a good job of designing Events such that If you plan and play well, ou should be able to secure the main Event prize without spending Diamonds, but there is always the spectre of a bad run of luck.

Don't hesitate to ask for help here in the forum or in your Guild.

Read the Questline and Event mechanic spoilers (google FOE fan wikia event name) and plan accordingly. Keep the spoile up in a separate window so you can see the upcoming Quests.

Review all the stuff in your Inventory. Coin and Supply Rushes, Coin and Supply Boosts, Buildings, you never quite know what can help you get through Quests.

Time your city, Aid, Tavern, Tavern sitting. GE, to be ready for collection just after the Event starts. Be judicious collecting your city and Tavern and going through GE while in the Rush Questlines. Hold off Aiding and sitting in Taverns until a Quest asks. Your hood can be a valuable resource for Aid as well as easy battles.

Have a good stock of Coins, Supplies, Goods, Inventory FPs.

Pay close attention to the Quest. Does it ask for something from your Era or just something? (example, 'Donate 70 Goods of your Era' versus 'Donate 70 Goods'. Others include Troops, buildings/decos, do X productions.)

Store a TF or otherwise free up some space in the city to be able to complete build Quests.

Blacksmiths are your friend, build a bunch before the Event. Hunters and Spearfigters build real fast and are cheap.

RQs can help you complete Quests.

Build / Have X buildings - You do not have to wait for the buildings to complete, just for the Quest to complete. Don;t sell those immediately though, you may want them for Collect Supplies / Coins Quests.

Gain X population - Tear down Barracks or Goods Buildings.

Gain X Happiness - Faces, Gates, cheap Decos.

Collect X Supplies or Coins - Build and sell mundane buildings from your Inventory or the Build menu. Don't wait for them to complete, sell them as soon as they are planted.

Good luck!

----------

The above is written in unedited Algonese: Cryptic, typos, jibberish. Blame it on a really weird work cycle, normal brain damage level, and a week long battle with stomach fluu.

If somebody is feeling industrious and decides to whip the above into shape and readability and coherent order and clarity I'd be much obliged. Add, edit, delete as you deem fit.

Super Catanian

The above is written in unedited Algonese: Cryptic, typos, jibberish. Blame it on a really weird work cycle, normal brain damage level, and a week long battle with stomach fluu.

If somebody is feeling industrious and decides to whip the above into shape and readability and coherent order and clarity I'd be much obliged. Add, edit, delete as you deem fit.
Will do!

INNO has done a good job of designing Events such that If you plan and play well, you should be able to secure the main Event prize without spending any Diamonds, but there is always the spectre of a bad run of luck.

Don't hesitate to ask for help here in the forum or to expert players in your Guild.

Read the Questline and Event mechanic spoilers (available in the FoE Wikia) and plan accordingly. Keep the spoilers up in a separate window so you can see the upcoming Quests.

Review all the stuff in your Inventory. Coin and Supply Rushes, Coin and Supply Boosts, Buildings, since you never quite know what can help you get through Quests.

Time your city, Aid, Tavern, Tavern sitting, and the Guild Expedition, to be ready for collection just after the Event starts. Be cautious when collecting your city and Tavern and going through GE while in the Rush Questlines. Hold off Aiding and sitting in Taverns until a Quest asks you to do so. Your hood can be a valuable resource for Aid as well as easy battles.

Have a good stock of Coins, Supplies, Goods, and Forge Point Packs in your Inventory.

Pay close attention to the Quest. Does it ask for something from your Era or just something? (example, 'Donate 70 Goods of your Era' versus 'Donate 70 Goods'. Others include Troops, Buildings/Decorations, or do X amount of productions.)

Store a Terrace Farm (if you have one) or otherwise free up some space in the city to be able to complete build Quests.

Blacksmiths (Production Buildings of the Bronze Age) are your friend, so make sure to build a bunch before the Event. Hunters and Spearfigters build and train really fast and are cheap.
If you have many Production Buildings of your age already, you won't need as many Blacksmiths. This will help not waste boosts from the Lighthouse of Alexandria or the Royal Albert Hall.

Recurring Quests can help you with Quests that require you to complete Quests.
3cbktx.jpg

Build / Have X amount of Buildings - You do not have to wait for the Buildings to complete, but place them down for the Quest to complete. Don't sell those immediately though, since you may want them for Quests that require you Collect Supplies/Coins.

Gain X amount population - Tear down Barracks or Goods Buildings. They provide a huge amount of Population. If you are rich enough, use a Storage Kit on a large Event Building you already have and place it down shortly afterwards, while making sure it stays in sync with the rest of your daily collections.

Gain X amount of Happiness - Faces of the Ancient, Gates of the Sun God (both available in the Guild Expedition), and cheap Decorations. If you are rich enough, use a One-Up Kit or a Renovation Kit to upgrade an Event Cultural Building to get more Happiness that way.

Collect X amount Supplies or Coins - Build and sell mundane buildings from your Inventory or the Build Menu. Don't wait for them to complete, but rather, sell them as soon as they are planted.