• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Improvements Update - Random Units When Freeing Sectors

Emberguard

Not true, fighting will take place more between reset, if you are holding lands you need to fight during the day to keep your border and only defend the outermost hexes before calculation.

And who's going to be defending during the day? The whole objection to more then 1 recalc is people have lives outside the game. Even if you had the time who would have the resources to do a no-shield defence anytime other then just before recalc if only recalc is counted?

Last edited:

*Arturis*

And who's going to be defending during the day? The whole objection to more then 1 recalc is people have lives outside the game. Even if you had the time who would have the resources to do a no-shield defence anytime other then just before recalc if only recalc is counted?
Whichever guilds can manage will come out as a winner, that is how battles supposed to be fought, not hiding behind shields. The shield idea makes the GvG map stagnant, removing it will bring endless possibilities.

Emberguard

Whichever guilds can manage will come out as a winner, that is how battles supposed to be fought, not hiding behind shields.
You're missing the point of the shields. It's not about hiding, it's about rewarding the victor for winning. Under your proposal you could win a thousand hexes and get nothing at all because you had a toilet break, went to work or school.

No player who knows how to strategise is going to take a lot of hexes at the start of the day if none of it is going to count towards anything. Your proposal goes against every game mechanic that's been established.

Hexes without shields is a concept that could work but only if every victory gives something in return. Without shields you'd have to either remove recalc entirely or change how it operates

Last edited:

Flavius Belisarius

OK. Champ Farming will at least be substantially altered.
When will the LZ Arrows be placed on EVERY Hex?
Large Guilds won't be able to "fence off" the Continent.
Combined with an additional RECAL time or more this could really open the GvG Battlefield.

Jase249

The change to random troops is a small step in the right direction, but i think a much better change would be to institute a rule that if you kill your own troops the battle points are negative.

END FARMING FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser6497

"GvG Improvement" The only thing the developers have improved is my ability to say "NO" when these great diamond deals come through. Oh, you've also managed to piss off a bunch of your customers. I used to love playing this game. Now, every day at reset I say how much I hate it when the graphics errors start. This is the Improvement that needs to happen. Why are the developers just making us more angry?

qaccy

@LacLongQuan Sadly, you're probably right. GvG's supposed to be for the benefit of the guild first and foremost, but without farming--er, battle points, people just aren't going to care. There are some; folks who keep HoFs in their cities, level up Observatories for the support bonus, and rotate barracks in their cities for the sake of filling defenses, but most people only care about battling for the points and see the guild benefit as secondary. That's not the way it should be though, considering the name of the feature.

RazorbackPirate

@LacLongQuan Sadly, you're probably right. GvG's supposed to be for the benefit of the guild first and foremost, but without farming--er, battle points, people just aren't going to care. There are some; folks who keep HoFs in their cities, level up Observatories for the support bonus, and rotate barracks in their cities for the sake of filling defenses, but most people only care about battling for the points and see the guild benefit as secondary. That's not the way it should be though, considering the name of the feature.
Count me in the minority then. I couldn't care less about my rank points as they add nothing to my game play. However, I am interested in the level of my guild, as it affects my game play quite a bit.

First, in in the direct benefits from the guild itself, more FPs from TH, reduced recruitment and healing time of units, and reduced coin and supply costs of buildings. Second, in the indirect benefits from fellow guild members taking my trades and providing additional Mo/Po to my city.

DeletedUser25795

Will rogues change into Colour guards and or drummers. For example in FE I place 1 hover tank and 7 rogues, can those rogues turn into 7 colour guards and therefore make adding rogues to DA's obsolete now for slowing down enemy when dropping tiles?

It could have been so much easier to just make Champs points worth less (like a rogues points) then we wouldn't have to have this new change implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Will rogues change into Colour guards and or drummers. For example in FE I place 1 hover tank and 7 rogues, can those rogues turn into 7 colour guards and therefore make adding rogues to DA's obsolete now for slowing down enemy when dropping tiles?

It could have been so much easier to just make Champs points worth less (like a rogues points) then we wouldn't have to have this new change implemented.

How would reducing the amount of points Champions are worth change anything or be better?

Champions are statistically on par with all other units from their age so it makes sense for them to be worth something to kill. Rogues are only worth little points if they're killed without transforming, which is rarely the case and they're usually worth far more as they transform into something else.

The problem I see is GvG awarding points, not how many points a specific unit is worth. Nerf Champions and something else will take its place and the exact same activity will continue. It's going to continue until everything is zeroed specifically in GvG, as having essentially an endless source of battles is just an open field of abuse potential.

DeletedUser25795

This update was done to stop Champion farming. So instead of making units change upon dropping sectors to random units it would have made more sense to deal with the problem at hand by reducing the points champions give. If INNO had done that then there would be no reason for this update. Now this update to nerf guilds from point farming didn't fix it in it's entirety as units can still transform into champions after dropping the tile. Where as if they just changed the points champions give they could have fixed it 100%.

DeletedUser26120

It's not just champ farming - I know people who used to set 8 artillery and autobattle with flyers. Even easier.

Random unit replacement is a good change, and I'm glad to see they didn't make it 8 full DAs no matter what like originally planned.

That would have defeated the purpose if you could fill with 1 DA then release :)

qaccy

This update was done to stop Champion farming. So instead of making units change upon dropping sectors to random units it would have made more sense to deal with the problem at hand by reducing the points champions give. If INNO had done that then there would be no reason for this update. Now this update to nerf guilds from point farming didn't fix it in it's entirety as units can still transform into champions after dropping the tile. Where as if they just changed the points champions give they could have fixed it 100%.

The update was for farming in general, but it was a very weak attempt to stop it. As @Dursland pointed out, farming doesn't need Champions - they're just worth the most points. Farming is going to happen so long as it's easy to kill enemy units in NPC sectors and doing so provides battle points, champions or not. The only thing that can be done to prevent farming is, as I've said multiple times, to entirely remove battle points only from GvG because this is where the farming problem lies.

DeletedUser29726

Not that it particularly matters as I'm not active atm and just peeking in for curiosity's sake - but the earlier question hasn't been answered: what happens to "No Age" units on release under this system - do they turn into aged units? Random No Age units? If aged units, is it mars units on all ages or any-age units or highest age used in the sector/army units?

For instance if just before recalc a sector is loaded with an 8 rogue army for easy reshield and released - is it still an easy reshield because it's now a mix of rogues/drummers/color guards? Or is it now a 'real' army?

Agent327

Not that it particularly matters as I'm not active atm and just peeking in for curiosity's sake - but the earlier question hasn't been answered: what happens to "No Age" units on release under this system - do they turn into aged units? Random No Age units? If aged units, is it mars units on all ages or any-age units or highest age used in the sector/army units?

For instance if just before recalc a sector is loaded with an 8 rogue army for easy reshield and released - is it still an easy reshield because it's now a mix of rogues/drummers/color guards? Or is it now a 'real' army?

It has been answered. They turn in to random No Age units.

*Arturis*

The update was for farming in general, but it was a very weak attempt to stop it. As @Dursland pointed out, farming doesn't need Champions - they're just worth the most points. Farming is going to happen so long as it's easy to kill enemy units in NPC sectors and doing so provides battle points, champions or not. The only thing that can be done to prevent farming is, as I've said multiple times, to entirely remove battle points only from GvG because this is where the farming problem lies.
Then your idea just kill GvG as you know it. All the people doing GvG now is in it for their personal gain in ranking, not so much for their guild standings. Speaking from the hardcore GvGer from the start till CE, then quit GvG altogether because it’s a waste of time and resources.

DeletedUser41338

Personally i believe that it is a bit unfair to new players to remove the champion farming and the bronze age units from AA map after having been there for so long. Bigplayers have taken advantage of this for years and now that its out it introduces a handicap for smaller players on the rise like myself. I only recently got into the groove of GvG and have gotten over 30k battles for the past months that i´ve played GvG and would have like to be able to farm a bit and do the spear fighting sieges in AA like all those players which i look up to did to get where they are at now.
Just my take on it