• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I get rid of my Innovation tower?

DeletedUser41284

I'm debating whether or not to get rid of my Innovation Tower. It is currently level 6 and I am in the Colonial Age. Due to all of my event buildings, I collect almost 200 FPs a day and I have 27,445 extra population. I'm finding that I've had to start putting down happiness buildings and decorations just to keep my people happy. I really don't see myself leveling it much further until I can level my Alcatraz and Hagia Sophia (both level 12) higher. It's only giving me 3 FPs a day and I think that space can probably be used for something more beneficial. Any suggestions?
Depends on why you built it. If you built it so you could delete the houses and make more room I would say keep it. I built mine for population to make room by deleting all my houses. It gives population. My CoA gives me coins along with my towers, town Hall, and event buildings that generate income. I also use cultural buildings to maintain satisfied customers. When all even and cultural buildings are motivated they keep my population enthusiastic. My inno made enough room for my CoA, LoA, and ARC.

Jern2017

I am seriously considering deleting mine. My Alcatraz is level 60 and Innovation Tower level 9. I have 63.354 total population and 62.595 available population. I leveled my IT yesterday and now my citizens aren't enthusiastic if not enough buildings that provide happiness are motivated.

RazorbackPirate

I deleted mine months ago. It was only level 5, most of those having leveled by itself. Although my peeps were enthused, even after deleting it, I still had thousands extra pop. For the few FPs it gave me and no reason to take it higher, it just wasn't worth the space.

Jern2017

I just deleted mine. I did some thinking and came to the conclusion I don't need it and likely never will.

Algona

Inno tower was a top 5 GB a few years ago.

I've taken it down in one CE city, debating losing it in the other, and considering it hard in the HMA city.

What was that old Buggles song?

"Pop GBs killed the Inno Tower."

Jern2017

I built mine quite a long time ago, when every event building didn't come with a massive population increase.

UBERhelp1

I joined the game made my main city towards the end of the 2018 summer event, so I never had to worry about population or anything. Had the ToB for a while, but that was short lived and have never needed a population building since. Event buildings do all the heavy lifting.

The Lady Redneck

I do not spend much real cash at all on the game. And never bother about returns or any of the other math stuff. If I had to do that I would not be playing the game. I have INNO in most of my cities. One I do not have it in is Iron Age so does not need it. The Other is FE so no longer needs it. I have never missed it. I think event buildings more than cover pop. these days.

DeletedUser31499

I started playing when getting one of the population GBs meant you could get rid of your houses which were taking up 2/3 of the land area in my town. From a population standpoint I no longer need it. But it is level 67 and is giving me 40 fp a day and I’m keeping it for that very reason. With 1.9 leveling there were level when it cost in the range of 20 fp of my own to level. Once you get it into the upper 20s it becomes super cheap to level. There are levels where 1-4 can be sniped the minute you open it for profit.

DevaCat

I looked at the IT early on, but never built it. Nor the Babel. My LMA main is about two years in, and there I went the Alcatraz and CF route (also have a HS there but that's another story). I was early on able to get rid of most military barracks and all goods producers, all houses, and all decos. All the resulting space I filled with SoKs and event buildings as I got them.

So for me the population is not an attraction and the FP production not attractive enough to justify the IT footprint. That of course could change at a later stage in the game.

Falconwing

Back when I built mine, it was one of the best things I had done. Allowed me to drop all my houses. Gained over 100 spaces. Was an important GB in my opinion. Now, with so much abundant Pop available in prize buildings I'm not entirely sure I'd recommend it anymore.

I'm keeping mine though. I am right at the speed levels with it and my other boat anchor, the Hagia. I'll take both of em to the 60's, that should give them a 1 fp per space ratio and the happy from the Hagia will offset the Pop, although happy isn't a priority to me. I'm estimating a month to do it.

-Sebastian-

I'm debating whether or not to get rid of my Innovation Tower. It is currently level 6 and I am in the Colonial Age. Due to all of my event buildings, I collect almost 200 FPs a day and I have 27,445 extra population. I'm finding that I've had to start putting down happiness buildings and decorations just to keep my people happy. I really don't see myself leveling it much further until I can level my Alcatraz and Hagia Sophia (both level 12) higher. It's only giving me 3 FPs a day and I think that space can probably be used for something more beneficial. Any suggestions?

In another thread, people were talking about whether the Cherry Garden set was obsolete, but if you replaced your IT with even a level 1 Cherry Garden set, you'd save space, increase your happiness, make more FP, and gain attack and defense boosts, plus other stuff. And if they were right that the Cherry Garden is obsolete, what does that say about a low-level IT?

That said, I recently power-leveled mine from around level 14 to level 77, when I was in PE, and now it gives 46 FP a day. My happiness is covered by Traz plus Hagia plus roads plus event buildings plus Cherry Garden sets with extra Sakura Rocks. And I recall someone doing some math and figuring that IT was the 2nd most efficient FP GB, after Cape and before AO, assuming 1.9s (I think that's here in the forum, somewhere). But that starts mattering when get it up into the 30s and 40s. If it's only at level 6, and you have other GBs you need to work on first, maybe get rid of it for now.

Mustapha00

With Inno's fixation on Event building rewards that have massive populations, there really is no longer any reason to build either a Habitat or an Innovation Tower if the primary reason you're building it is for population. If anything, the population from either of those buildings is now more of a liability than it is an asset because it forces you to increase your Happiness in some manner to offset the population. In one of my worlds, I have well in excess of 20,000 unemployed folks (have I mentioned lately that I hate to spend Diamonds on...well...anything?), and I have several fully upgradeable Event rewards sitting in my storage because I don't need even more unemployed citizens.

I've deleted two Innos so far. One was around level 6 and the other was 4 or so, so in neither instance had I invested an amount of FP that gave me any reason to delete them. Had the been level 10, I would have had a much harder decision to make. That point where the decision changed from "easy" to "difficult" is going to be different for most players.