• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.165

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser39175

And a guild can easily avoid stepping on each other's toes by posting the spot is being taken on the guild's 190% thread. Check list to see what building(s) is/are available, next you update the list by removing whatever spots you are going to fill, and then you fill the building(s). Assuming everyone in-guild checks the list before they actually fill the building, they can always check whatever is right above their post to make sure it's safe to be filled.

DeletedUser29726

the behavior of the text field is indeed a little annoying. clicking left of the number changes it to 0 but doesn't highlight it so you have an 'extra' 0 at the end of whatever you type. clicking to the right of it is safe but the area to the right is much smaller than the area to the left.

it'll be possible to just be careful for now, but they should work on the behavior of it (empty the field entirely rather than changing it to 0 on click)

lemur

This is an excellent update !!!

The desktop changes to GB contributions fixes a problem I have seen for a long while — in which mobile players were able to contribute much faster than desktop players. The update fixes that problem, and it bypasses those hundreds of mouse clicks that were formerly necessary. Thank you!

The change to the tavern visits is also quite welcome, as it saves times by eliminating the unnecessary moving graphics (which seemed to be a source of memory drain) for each and every visit.

Emberguard

1. why can't i upload GIF (over 1MB) and
  2. why can't i upload WebP images or videos which has lower file sizes for the same images?
  3. is there a file size or dimension restriction on uploading images?
1. All images have a upload limit of 1MB.
2. No idea but I assume there would be file format restrictions
3. 1MB and max 10 images per post if uploading, 15 images if linking. No idea what the size restriction for linked images would be just that there is one

qaccy

Yes but earlier folks on mobile could snipe folks on pc, now both are on same plain field. Yes chances of mix ups are more, but thats the price we pay for less clicks... A guild can decide if they dont want to use this feature :)

Again, I'm worried about the ones who aren't that interested in 'playing nice', and the increased risk (and cost) of mistakes. This addition makes both of these things more likely, and the former will also see more players joining in now that the prospect of having to click (or even tap) multiple times is no longer a deterrent.

Or to put it another way, I'd rather see minor additions/improvements to the game with no or inconsequential drawbacks. This is something that provides a rather significant benefit, but also brings with it downsides that can really mess up someone's day and to me personally that's not really acceptable.

saknika

Yes but earlier folks on mobile could snipe folks on pc, now both are on same plain field. Yes chances of mix ups are more, but thats the price we pay for less clicks... A guild can decide if they dont want to use this feature :)
Well, a guild cannot disable it... but yes. It was always 1000x faster to add FPs on mobile than PC, until now. :)

saknika

Again, I'm worried about the ones who aren't that interested in 'playing nice', and the increased risk (and cost) of mistakes. This addition makes both of these things more likely, and the former will also see more players joining in now that the prospect of having to click (or even tap) multiple times is no longer a deterrent.

Or to put it another way, I'd rather see minor additions/improvements to the game with no or inconsequential drawbacks. This is something that provides a rather significant benefit, but also brings with it downsides that can really mess up someone's day and to me personally that's not really acceptable.
Nah, it's really just letting those of us on PC keep up with those on mobile. Before if I were trying to add FPs to a GB while someone from mobile was also adding them, I'd freeze up and get locked out until their insta-donation went in (because you could literally add all your FPs in a matter of seconds the way the app works). Now I'm on par with mobile. Even when questing, if I was working on a large donation to a GB I used to switch over to mobile because it was literally that much faster. It seems like it's going to make sniping worse, but trust me, it's really just protecting PC players from mobile players having a distinct advantage. At the end of the day if you've left your GB ripe for snipe, that's your own fault. There are so, so, so many ways to prevent it. Don't over-invest, don't unlock until you're ready to get investors on it (when it's in the clean-lock stage), if you can't get investors fast enough and you're okay with it, take it off-road until someone is around, don't unlock a ton of levels ahead...

Algona

I'm worried about the ones who aren't that interested in 'playing nice', and the increased risk (and cost) of mistakes.

The only time a player can get pushed out of a reward slot is if they screwed up the bid. Teach people competent bidding and the problem of people not 'playing nice'* goes away.

I see no reason whatsoever to castigate INNO for making the game easier even if it does cause problems for incompetent players.

As far as users making mistakes? Slow down or take your lumps.

Same thing, INNO should not penalize the general player base ir taje the blame because some people can't discipline themselves.

*'Playing nice'? Do you not take the Queen given the opportunity? Raise the pot when you have the nut hand? Take the Sector from the other Guild?

qaccy

It speaks volumes about the state of the game (or at least the people talking about it) when players are essentially defending bad behavior in favor of being able to save time on clicking. Guess that's all I have left to say on the matter.

Algona

It speaks volumes about the state of the game (or at least the people talking about it) when players are essentially defending bad behavior in favor of being able to save time on clicking. Guess that's all I have left to say on the matter.

Nobody's defending bad behavior.

Actually qaccy is. He's saying that doing something explicitly within the rules of a strategy game, taking a spot on a GB that is open, is 'bad behavior'.

qaccy, you're the one endorsing bad play two ways. Not teaching players how to avoid an easily avoidable mistake. Worse, encouraging players to have a victim mentality by falsely blaming someone else for the player's mistake.

As long as players blame others for their own mistakes they won't take the steps necessary to correct those mistakes. Years of the Pllunder progress thread and the Help I'm being plundered thread prove this.

The parallels between getting pushed out of a Reward slot and getting plundered are remarkably similar in the respects that both actions are explicitly within the rules of the game; as long as the player thinks they are being 'bullied' they won't take the steps to mitigate; and the steps available to mitigate are effective, easy to learn, and encourage good play.

Continue your sanctimony, continue to not encourage good play, continue to misplace the blame.

I don;t blame you for bailing on this conversation, I wouldn't want to try to defend that position either.

The good part of that though, at least new players won;t be reading more of the awful attitude you are facilitating.

DeletedUser32702

I play on an iPad and I do not have the lock option in my inventory items. Is this a web interphase only feature? I do have the enhancements to the GB screens, so the update is installed.

*Arturis*

We've introduced an amount selection in the Great Buildings donation tab. Now you can quickly choose the exact amount of Forge Points to donate.

Is there a mobile version coming soon? It is so scary to lock a gb on my phone now which I played on mostly.

DeletedUser

I play on an iPad and I do not have the lock option in my inventory items. Is this a web interphase only feature? I do have the enhancements to the GB screens, so the update is installed.
If you have update 1.165 installed, there should be a lock checkbox on the upper right of the inventory screen. You have to check that box in order to access the locking feature.
We've introduced an amount selection in the Great Buildings donation tab. Now you can quickly choose the exact amount of Forge Points to donate.

Is there a mobile version coming soon? It is so scary to lock a gb on my phone now which I played on mostly.
If you have installed update 1.165, you should have the amount selection feature available on GBs.

I had to go to the Play Store to install the update for some reason. It didn't show up with the notification of apps waiting to be updated.

*Arturis*

If you have update 1.165 installed, there should be a lock checkbox on the upper right of the inventory screen. You have to check that box in order to access the locking feature.

If you have installed update 1.165, you should have the amount selection feature available on GBs.

I had to go to the Play Store to install the update for some reason. It didn't show up with the notification of apps waiting to be updated.
Oh I just check my apps, it is there now, thanks:)

Jern2017

I really hoped tavern visits wouldn't open the tavern window on mobile as well, but otherwise, great update.