• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Happiness Issue

Hello everyone -

Have a question in regard "Happiness" and I'm not sure how to ask it.

Less than 4 hours ago my Happines extra points were over 1,000; now it is a red 45 and I'm being told I need to do something to make them happy and more productive. This has happened a few times lately - going from 4 digits to 2 digits in a a handful of hours.

I can't figure out what I'm doing that's causing this. Any suggestions what I should look at?

MaranKarma

Hello everyone -

Have a question in regard "Happiness" and I'm not sure how to ask it.

Less than 4 hours ago my Happines extra points were over 1,000; now it is a red 45 and I'm being told I need to do something to make them happy and more productive. This has happened a few times lately - going from 4 digits to 2 digits in a a handful of hours.

I can't figure out what I'm doing that's causing this. Any suggestions what I should look at?

Hi CMF,

A great tip for keeping happiness up without using real estate is to upgrade your roads at least every other age.

Cheers!

DeletedUser38275

To complete the goods answers already provided, it is likely due to aiding (aka your hood/friends/guild mopo your happiness buildings, doubling their effect, but only for 12hrs, while these players can only do it once per day).

Setting GB discussion aside for now: try having less happiness buildings, but each providing the most you can get for your age, or special/event buildings.
The more happiness buildings that you have, the more help you need to get them all doubled, and maintain happiness. So less is better, as it avoid the ‘dilution’ of the aids.

Also, there’s a sequence in the ‘automated’ mopo from other players, so if you have priority buildings (SoK, event, special,...) they’ll take the aid first. So overall less buildings (including deco) provides more chances that these will be aided (mopo).

About GB, it is all a choice of progression: to me Hagia was a bit too big for its time (less expansions at that age), and I skipped to Dresden and Traz, which provide good happiness, to counter the effect of the Capitol or InnoTower (pop). I use large buildings for happiness that I typically snatch for low cost at the Antique Dealer, and use a few self-aid sometimes to keep adjusting to my Inno, and have no decoration; but my happiness stays always over 100% and I use only self-aid for 120% bonus.
A few recent event buildings provide ‘a lot’ of population for low ages, like world’s fair or crow’s nest, which can be a large population increase to balance with happiness). In Indy, I actually don’t have any housing anymore... and only a few happiness buildings (all providing more than 1k at least).

Thanks everyone. Guess my notification was off.

I have 4 GBs that have about 2 to 4 pieces of their blue prints. When I look at the requirements to build either of them though I'm not even close to having the materials to build them - i.e. lumber, marble and etc.

I'm in the Iron Age and the only material deposits I found on the continent map were lumber, wine and jewelry. Never found any of the others.

DevaCat

You'll have 2 deposits in each age, so there should be one more Iron Age deposit in a cmap province you haven't taken yet. Dont build goods buildings for the materials for which you have no deposits -- it's far too inefficient. Better to trade for those. Luck

You'll have 2 deposits in each age, so there should be one more Iron Age deposit in a cmap province you haven't taken yet. Dont build goods buildings for the materials for which you have no deposits -- it's far too inefficient. Better to trade for those. Luck

Forgot all about ebony - D'oh!! I have 1 building each for ebony and jewelry, 2 for lumber and 3 for wine.

The only GB I have that's even close to being finished is Zeus. I'm missing 5 pieces of the blueprint and I guess you have to pay 40 FP plus all the materials in order to build it. Can't see how to get the other 5 pieces of the blueprint without buying and spending diamonds.

I would like to get at least 1 GB before advancing into the next era. Right now I'm just sitting and spinning my wheels. Can't go any further on the Continent Map - army isn't strong enough - and the last 3 territories I "conquered" were through negotiations. I've unlocked everything possible on the knowledge tree without entering the Early Middle Ages. Not sure what to do next.

DeletedUser40996

Forgot all about ebony - D'oh!! I have 1 building each for ebony and jewelry, 2 for lumber and 3 for wine.

The only GB I have that's even close to being finished is Zeus. I'm missing 5 pieces of the blueprint and I guess you have to pay 40 FP plus all the materials in order to build it. Can't see how to get the other 5 pieces of the blueprint without buying and spending diamonds.

I would like to get at least 1 GB before advancing into the next era. Right now I'm just sitting and spinning my wheels. Can't go any further on the Continent Map - army isn't strong enough - and the last 3 territories I "conquered" were through negotiations. I've unlocked everything possible on the knowledge tree without entering the Early Middle Ages. Not sure what to do next.
Dump at least one lumber and 2 wineries and build a second jewelry and ebony workshop .

DeletedUser40966

Find a small guild with an active thread base and members willing to help you get the prints needed for the GB and trades to build them. Like the Knights of Grimm. Don't get lost in a super sized guild.

*cough* ALCATRAZ *cough*

Alcatraz isn't even on the radar. Bronze and Iron age buildings only.

The GB I seem to need most is Zeus. There is some jerk out there who keeps plundering my stuff and he is so advanced in the game I can't seem to stop him. In fact, he is the ONLY one that does this.