• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Have the first difficulty in Guild Expeditions solved

• Thread starter DeletedUser42613
  • Start date

DeletedUser42613

There's an upcoming daily quest with the requirement to "Have the first difficulty in Guild Expeditions solved".

I am BA and haven't played GE. Is this an impossible requirement for me to meet or can I meet it by joining a guild that has done it?

The problem I foresee is that the alternative requirement "Defeat this large army" is also going to be impossible for me to solve, which will stop my winter event progress cold.

Lannister the Rich

I assume it would just automatically be completed once you get to it. The same happens for any GE related quest when you get the quest on Monday or have already completed GE.

Vger

There's an upcoming daily quest with the requirement to "Have the first difficulty in Guild Expeditions solved".

I am BA and haven't played GE. Is this an impossible requirement for me to meet or can I meet it by joining a guild that has done it?

The problem I foresee is that the alternative requirement "Defeat this large army" is also going to be impossible for me to solve, which will stop my winter event progress cold.
To complete GE level 1, you need to be in Iron age and in a guild before GE starts for the week, which will be Dec. 10'th, same day this quest rolls around.
Then you would need to solve 16 GE encounters before the following Monday. Most new players can't do that in the first week of Iron age because they don't have the goods to negotiate with or the troops to fight with, or the skills needed to do either. Not saying it can't be done, it can. But it's hard.

Defeat large army is also hard for a new player in BA, but may be an option. Use attack boosts. You will probably get some from doing the event, and you can buy from tavern. And you will need troops of course. You will be able to see what troops the attacking army has. Pick your troops accordingly. You can ask here...what is the best way to defeat this large army with these troops?

But don't kill yourself, or...worse yet...harm your city progress over this. There are lots of events every year (some say too many). It isn't expected that new players will be able to finish the first ones they encounter. But you will still pick up lots of useful bits just by trying.

Agent327

Glad you use spoilers.

How many quests you know are met by the gild and not you????

So it will stop you. That is part of the game. Grow for the next event.

DeletedUser40996

How far have you progressef through the BA tech tree ??? What units are available to you ??? Depending on what units are in the army/what units you have for the alternate part of the quest it might not be a super tough fight with boosted (tavern (and/or) potion it will however most likely be time consuming as you'd want to fight manually instead of auto

Super Catanian

How far have you progressef through the BA tech tree ??? What units are available to you ??? Depending on what units are in the army/what units you have for the alternate part of the quest it might not be a super tough fight with boosted (tavern (and/or) potion it will however most likely be time consuming as you'd want to fight manually instead of auto
And, of course, the time it takes to build those Military Buildings and train enough of them, seeing as how Unattached Units in that age are not reliable in those early ages.

DeletedUser42613

I think I'll just find another game to play. I don't like the way things are run here.

DeletedUser40996

I think I'll just find another game to play. I don't like the way things are run here.
Nothing wrong with how things are run . Your comments make you sound like someone who wants everything easy without putting in any effort

Emberguard

They'd need to back it up with a Zeus that's at least lvl 3 if not lvl 5 before they see any boost in stats on BA troops due to their low base stats. If they're a new player trying to verse against a large army chances are they'll definitely need to manual fight to win due to lack of boosts

Emberguard

Wow, giant text everywhere. Mind if I join you? :p

@lannister the rich it won't auto complete except if they've completed Lvl 4.

As long as there's a way to advance into a position that could complete the quest then it requires the player to work out a way to complete the quest. It's only when there's literally no option because you've already completed every possible avenue that it auto completes. Even with auto completion you still have to complete the quest. It's just a matter of when. Not unlocking something or avoiding being in a position to complete it doesn't count as not having an avenue.

Last edited:

Lannister the Rich

I only assumed since the quests related to GE autocomplete on Monday, the same would be true for before unlocking GE...especially because why would you be allowed to unlock events before GE. They make all event quests able to be completed at any stage of the game you are in.

DeletedUser40996

Hm, maybe you just can’t read things that are there...any 10 year old with half a brain could figure out this is saying the game autocompleted quests that cannot be completed
Only time I've had the game Autocomplete Quests is when I've advanced on the C-Map but not the tech tree/story quests or doing settlements when I build the buildings prior to collecting previous quest(s) like at the end of Vikings where you need old willows and the mead hall .