• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How far ahead are you in campaign maps?

How many ages ahead or behind of your current age is your campaign map?

• Total voters

Captain Christian

I was just wandering how many ages ahead or behind you were in campaign maps. I was at one point three ages behind, but I am now one age ahead, and was wandering how far it is possible to advance. Thank goodness we have negotiations, or else I wouldn't be able to advance very much at all.

UBERhelp1

You can advance as far as you want, it just isn't practical. For example, I'm in LMA right now in one world but am on the InA map. I don't want to advance further because I'd trigger the InA bonus questline and I don't want to do that yet.

The only real reason to advance further is to get higher era troops or expansions. You just have to be careful about how you do it.

Mustapha00

There is no game mechanic that prevents you from being as many Ages ahead as you want to be (please correct me if I'm wrong here), but there are certainly limits based on practicality: for example, are you able to defeat units two, three or more Ages advanced from your own, or do you have a steady supply of Goods a like number of Ages ahead so that you can Negotiate your way across the map?

I think the most I've gone ahead was two Ages, and I found that the difficulty in advancing any further outweighed the benefits.

King Akin

You can advance as far as you want, it just isn't practical. For example, I'm in LMA right now in one world but am on the InA map. I don't want to advance further because I'd trigger the InA bonus questline and I don't want to do that yet.

The only real reason to advance further is to get higher era troops or expansions. You just have to be careful about how you do it.

I wish I had read your comment sooner. I advanced too far in InA and triggered the questline. It's completely taking over my bonus quest and there's no way out. I can't take advantage of my CF and recurring quest. I feel trapped. I advanced to the next aged which was HMA to get out of it, but once I completed a few bonus quest the InA came right back. Now it's asking me to "Research Modern Roads" which is a tech tree all the way in InA and I'm in HMA. If anyone can offer advice on how to escape this please help.

Plain Red Justice

I wish I had read your comment sooner. I advanced too far in InA and triggered the questline. It's completely taking over my bonus quest and there's no way out. I can't take advantage of my CF and recurring quest. I feel trapped. I advanced to the next aged which was HMA to get out of it, but once I completed a few bonus quest the InA came right back. Now it's asking me to "Research Modern Roads" which is a tech tree all the way in InA and I'm in HMA. If anyone can offer advice on how to escape this please help.
You can't. Just delete your city and start all over if you really care that much about a Chateau's irrelevant advantage. The sooner you do this, the faster you can catch up

As for the OP, I only touch my Cmap when an event requires me to. Otherwise I pretend it doesn't exist

Nicholas002

As for the OP, I only touch my Cmap when an event requires me to. Otherwise I pretend it doesn't exist
well, you may as well forget about it for good: ever since I have been playing, events have never had any quests relating to the C-map.
Too many people complained about being forced to take provinces for quests, so INNO did away with the C-map quests.
(same with tech quests btw)

Nicholas002

You can't. Just delete your city and start all over if you really care that much about a Chateau's irrelevant advantage. The sooner you do this, the faster you can catch up
you just contradicted yourself: Why are you telling him that the best course of action is to delete his city to be able to maximize his CF, in order to "catch up", but then you call the CF irrelevant?

Oh, duh... your're the "A/D sucks, you should negotiate, oh wait, actually negotiating is Russian Roulette, build up your A/D" guy... never mind then.

KitKit035

At one time I was 3 ages ahead on the Campaign Map than my city. This is not a good practice because it does become hard to impossible to get the needed goods for negotiations to take sections. With the events we now have and quest requiring capturing of sections you would be stuck and unable to finish without a high cost. So I would not advance past my current age, especially if your city is of middle to high age.

However if you are planning to camp out in a low age, IA, than going beyond that on the Campaign map can not be helped. I do have one city where I am camping in this age, but my Campaign map is up to LMA. Even though my map is LMA, my quest line is still Iron Age. The only way your story questline will advance past your age, is by you advancing it or Advancing your city in age. Where you are on your Map has nothing to do with your questline, be it story, bonus, or recurring.

Nicholas002

With the events we now have and quest requiring capturing of sections you would be stuck and unable to finish without a high cost.
events don't have map or tech quests anymore.
Where you are on your Map has nothing to do with your questline, be it story, bonus, or recurring.
That's not exactly true. bonus quest-lines are triggered by progress on the map, recurring quest slots can be lost by advancing the map, and the story line is directly tied to the map, with about half the story quests requiring the conquer or scouting of sectors.

KitKit035

events don't have map or tech quests anymore.

Funny considering Soccer Event 2020, one we are playing now, had a quest asking to Acquire sectors.
'Quest 22: "Acquire some (2 - 3) sectors OR Defeat some (20 - 90) units" '

Previous Event:
Quest 59 - Day 20: Acquire some (2 - 3) sectors OR Defeat some (20 - 90) units"

That's not exactly true. bonus quest-lines are triggered by progress on the map, recurring quest slots can be lost by advancing the map, and the story line is directly tied to the map, with about half the story quests requiring the conquer or scouting of sectors.

And again, I am playing in a city that is IA but yet my story and bonus questline are IA

Screenshot_20200704-135352_Forge of Empires.jpgScreenshot_20200704-135236_Forge of Empires.jpg

Last edited:

emmagirl2

I was just wandering how many ages ahead or behind you were in campaign maps. I was at one point three ages behind, but I am now one age ahead, and was wandering how far it is possible to advance. Thank goodness we have negotiations, or else I wouldn't be able to advance very much at all.
i am 3 ages ahead on my main world

Nicholas002

Funny considering Soccer Event 2020, one we are playing now, had a quest asking to Acquire sectors.
'Quest 22: "Acquire some (2 - 3) sectors OR Defeat some (20 - 90) units" '
note the OR. if there is a quest for sectors or tech, there will always be another quest you can
do instead.
And again, I am playing in a city that is IA but yet my story and bonus questline are IA
yes, you can stay with the story of your age, or you can get ahead on the story, or you can fall behind. it all depends on how far your map is. getting ahead of their age on the map and story, is how players acquire ahead of age troops.

Kitdihn

There is no game mechanic that prevents you from being as many Ages ahead as you want to be (please correct me if I'm wrong here), but there are certainly limits based on practicality: for example, are you able to defeat units two, three or more Ages advanced from your own, or do you have a steady supply of Goods a like number of Ages ahead so that you can Negotiate your way across the map?

I think the most I've gone ahead was two Ages, and I found that the difficulty in advancing any further outweighed the benefits.
Actually there is one thing that stops a player from being able to advance in the maps - special resources like Promethium and Orichalcum. You cannot acquire these any other way than to generate them (other than the few you earn from the maps). I am in Iron Age and I am almost done with level 4 of the Arctic Future map. I do not believe I will be able to go much farther since soon the map will begin to require Promethium for negotiating sectors.

Glockgemini

I like to be at least one Age ahead, so I have the resources ready for the new city but that becomes less important by ME, with double roads and unrefined goods. By then you should have enough specials to produce all the goods you need. Then it becomes about expansions, especially after running out of Victory Expansions. Funny thing is, I rarely just go take a campaign map, it is always quests forcing me to take them.

Anaujiram

I am locked into a questless quagmire, some of my own newbie doing, admittedly. One quest requires me to do research. I've done that one enough that if I do one more I will advance in age. I don't want to advance in age so I can provide goods from my age to the guild, so that quest has been dead for over 6 months. The other one that just popped up can't be aborted and wants me to take two entire provinces on the continent. As I've always taken sectors here and there when quests requested, I have ended up a fair amount ahead of myself. Now I get the kicker that I must take two provinces?!? That's totally unreasonable, it's like 16+ sectors that have to be negotiated. To top it all off, my daily wants me to complete 2 quests but I can't complete any. Why are we being cornered like this? We need to be able to abort at least one of the quests!