• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Eras to park for a while

ffblackice

Hi, I am in EMA right now, and plan to go to latest Era, SAAB, but I don't think I can keep going all the way through in short period of time , not sure what is(are) the Era(s) that best for temporary parking?
Or what era you will temporary stay for a while?

I have lvl 16 Arc, lvl 10 CDM, COA, Zeus and LOA, lvl 6 Cape, daily FP production is around 150.

Thanks for any advice.

DeletedUser25166

Hi, I am in EMA right now, and plan to go to latest Era, SAAB, but I don't think I can keep going all the way through in short period of time , not sure what is(are) the Era(s) that best for temporary parking?
Or what era you will temporary stay for a while?

I have lvl 16 Arc, lvl 10 CDM, COA, Zeus and LOA, lvl 6 Cape, daily FP production is around 150.

Thanks for any advice.
Why go past Future? You don't help your guild. But hey EMA to SAAB should only take a week or 2.

Just An Observer

For the purpose of keeping the recursion machine in balance, EMA works for me. Unlike you, who have built a Fighter city, mine is about being a Negotiator at this time. The quartet of GB's that power this up: Chateau-10, Himeji-10 (going to 12), LoA, St, Mark's. If I proceed to HMA, then everything in that quartet will also need scaling up to cover the increased costs of recursion.

In mid-September, I will add on Aachen, CdM, Terracota Army, Star Gazer, Truce Tower and Cape Canaveral with only one expansion being added as various buildings get swapped out to open up space. Also coming along for the ride is a Governor's Villa. Mid-October has the Virgo going in. With these additions, I can then add Fighting to Negotiating.

What makes this possible? Diamonds....LOL!

So for me it is going to be an extended stay in EMA. You could stay put like I do if you want to do recursion but if you want to be a Fighter, once you are set up to cross the era boundary and at least get a solid toehold in HMA, then go ahead! At least that is my best guess for your city's set-up.

The bad news: Once you go ahead, there is no going back. Since it will take you time to move forward, use that time to consider all the angles, pros and cons. Good luck and best wishes for whichever path you take :)

Nicholas002

If I proceed to HMA, then everything in that quartet will also need scaling up to cover the increased costs of recursion.
in HMA, you may do a bit less UBQ, but you can do way more 2X 24hr, due to the small size of the alchemists, and the space you will add.
In mid-September, I will add on Aachen, CdM, Terracota Army, Star Gazer, Truce Tower and Cape Canaveral with only one expansion being added as various buildings get swapped out to open up space. Also coming along for the ride is a Governor's Villa. Mid-October has the Virgo going in. With these additions, I can then add Fighting to Negotiating.
my advice: skip SG, TT, and Virgo altogether. CC and TA can go in eventually, but not until much later. ( did you mention Zeus? 'cause it is a must have)
and remember: every FP you put into any of these GBs, is one less going into your arc.

and btw, for HQS, arc is the best. at level 80, you can do infinite RQs by spending FPs on a 1.9 thread.

ffblackice

EMA to SAAB should only take a week or 2
Really? I calculated required 53766 FPs for technologies development from EMA to SAAB , it will take me 1 year on my current daily FPs. As you mentioned, I think future will be a good era to stay for a while, which required 13532 FPs for technologies development, I will need 3 months to get there.

The bad news: Once you go ahead, there is no going back. Since it will take you time to move forward, use that time to consider all the angles, pros and cons. Good luck and best wishes for whichever path you take
Thanks, I also feel comfortable in EMA, but I hit the space limit, out of space for summer event building, medals aren't easy to get, I think moving to higher era becomes very necessary.

DevaCat

Really? I calculated required 53766 FPs for technologies development from EMA to SAAB , it will take me 1 year on my current daily FPs. As you mentioned, I think future will be a good era to stay for a while, which required 13532 FPs for technologies development, I will need 3 months to get there.

Thanks, I also feel comfortable in EMA, but I hit the space limit, out of space for summer event building, medals aren't easy to get, I think moving to higher era becomes very necessary.
"A week or two" is obvious sarcasm directed at your apparent desire to sprint forward quickly to end game, even as you acknowledge the probable need for parking temporarily along the way.

You ask for advice, but you have decided to park in Future. So why do you keep asking for advice when you have already made up your mind about what you're going to do? Need some hand holding? Otherwise you're just wasting other people's time.

Good luck with your sprint. If you seriously want pros/cons of where to camp or park, a truckload has already been discussed in the forum and is available for your use.

Just An Observer

in HMA, you may do a bit less UBQ, but you can do way more 2X 24hr, due to the small size of the alchemists, and the space you will add.

my advice: skip SG, TT, and Virgo altogether. CC and TA can go in eventually, but not until much later. ( did you mention Zeus? 'cause it is a must have)
and remember: every FP you put into any of these GBs, is one less going into your arc.

and btw, for HQS, arc is the best. at level 80, you can do infinite RQs by spending FPs on a 1.9 thread.

You do not grasp some elements in play that I am going to do.

SG is for partly replacing the Iron and Jewelry factories.
TT is another attack booster and it also adds on defense, without regard as to whether one is attacking or defending.
Virgo is for dealing with armies that have more than 8 units. It does not always kick in but when it does, WOW! It is a supplemental piece but due to its power, I will use it.
Zeus is already in hand.
Cape Canaveral offers 10 FP's at Level 10 for a relatively small footprint.
Arc you say? Level 80 you say? That is so far down the road! Right now it is a supplemental tool for investing and adding some goods to the guild treasury. It does the job at Level 5 that I need it to do at the present time.

Add in removing all but five supply factories with no goods factories remaining to reduce population need to a minimum and allow for a few more supplies to go into the recursion machine, which is the primary focus for a good while. Then comes waiting to see how things go over the next several months....

Anyways, that's the plan Stan...LOL!

ffblackice

If you seriously want pros/cons of where to camp or park, a truckload has already been discussed in the forum and is available for your use.
Not sure you can share the link or where to find? I searched whole morning but don't have any clue, so I decided to start a thread.
Thanks.

-Sebastian-

Not sure you can share the link or where to find? I searched whole morning but don't have any clue, so I decided to start a thread.
Thanks.

For whatever it's worth, I've enjoyed camping in IronA, HMA, CA, and PE. My most advanced city is in CE right now, but I hear that's good too. And I hear FE is also a good place to camp.

IronA keeps everything simple. HMA trebuchets made fighting there easy, and I like having the extra space. LMA cannons have too short a range, and the era overall just felt boring. CA fighting was more interesting, without being too hard. Indy fighting was a bloody nightmare, and I wish I'd aged up to PE much sooner. PE has my favorite artwork so far, the fighting was much more pleasant, and I didn't need to bother with double roads. (Goods from CF, and the IMO best units only need single roads.) On the other hand, PE Rinbin is a mime. ME fighting got bloody again, and paratroopers are a royal PITA to deal with. PME fighting was simpler than ME, but I needed more double roads if I want attached units. In CE, I'm told that the fighting is easiest, and that it's possible to get units from FE, AF, and OF, although I'm not there yet.

Last edited:

kmc11

TE/FE are good ages to camp... But idk why you'd wanna go there without Lvl 80 arc, 60 Zeus, CDM, Cape etc

If you try sprinting to SAAB, or even FE, you won't be moving much faster than your shadow does standing still.

planetofthehumans2

Its a long way to go to FE. I had the pleasure of waiting for new ages to come out as I was progressing. I'm currently camping in LMA on beta, while not really the most "fun" with stickler repeats and no noteworthy units to use for every battle, at least the building arn't ugly as all hell like in HMA.

DeletedUser31499

I’m in FE and I stay long enough in each era till I’m at the top of the hood, and have enough current age goods, and basically the age has become too easy. Racing through the ages are a big mistake. Somewhere there is a balance between racing and camping in Iron Age for a couple of years... aka... the Iron Age bully.

I see the racers at the bottom of every FE hood... their cities are very sad. I would suggest 2 to 3 months per age as a minimum for advancing to the next age. Think of FOE as a pyramid. Build a strong base and aging up will not only be easier... but a lot more fun.

ffblackice

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like move up Era won't be easy. maybe I should plan it longer time, like 2-3 years.

-Sebastian-

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like move up Era won't be easy. maybe I should plan it longer time, like 2-3 years.

My usual advice is to age up once it's boring to auto-fight through all 64 levels of GE. Think of it kind of like a weekly exercise routine, that gets harder each time you age up. It's a concrete goal that's easy to measure, and I think you'd usually be in the top 5 in your hood, but it wouldn't make you stay too long anywhere.

Nicholas002

You do not grasp some elements in play that I am going to do.

SG is for partly replacing the Iron and Jewelry factories.
TT is another attack booster and it also adds on defense, without regard as to whether one is attacking or defending.
Virgo is for dealing with armies that have more than 8 units. It does not always kick in but when it does, WOW! It is a supplemental piece but due to its power, I will use it.
Zeus is already in hand.
Cape Canaveral offers 10 FP's at Level 10 for a relatively small footprint.
Do I really have to explain why for each of these GBs there are far more efficient options out there, for where you are at in the game?
Arc you say? Level 80 you say? That is so far down the road! Right now it is a supplemental tool for investing and adding some goods to the guild treasury. It does the job at Level 5 that I need it to do at the present time.
But it doesn’t have to be so far down the road. After 4 months of play, my arc is at 75, and in a week will hit 80. Free FPs, medals, and BPs are worth the time to level the arc to 80.

Just An Observer

Do I really have to explain why for each of these GBs there are far more efficient options out there, for where you are at in the game?

But it doesn’t have to be so far down the road. After 4 months of play, my arc is at 75, and in a week will hit 80. Free FPs, medals, and BPs are worth the time to level the arc to 80.

Let's just say we are going to agree to disagree on how I build and focus my city. It is mine after all.

ffblackice

Just follow up this thread, so I will reach PME at coming weekend (Sep 19 I believe), and I think I need to get some rest before continue to move up.
40 days moved from EMA to PME, also built TRAZ and CF when passing PE, I think it is not too bad.
Started from PE, goods were became a major issue but not FP, which wasn't expected at the beginning.

BruteForceAttack

Just follow up this thread, so I will reach PME at coming weekend (Sep 19 I believe), and I think I need to get some rest before continue to move up.
40 days moved from EMA to PME, also built TRAZ and CF when passing PE, I think it is not too bad.
Started from PE, goods were became a major issue but not FP, which wasn't expected at the beginning.

Few random questions, if you don't mind

Which GBs do you have now and at what level? What is your attack/def? Are you able to fight all GE levels? How many encounters can you do in a season in Battle grounds?

time4coffee

Personally I hung out in the LMA for several months - got my buildings order, got a Traz, made friends and saved up for colonial. It was the only time I camped out. When I was really to move ahead, I completed the entire colonial tree in one sitting and had still was nicely off and ready. I had all three military boost GBs leveled up, learnt how to do events to win since there. Before that I ignored them and didn't participate.I do like the idea of not ranking people until further on, right now the lowesr ranks are mostly open and forgotten cities.wait until they've at least played a little before adding them to the rankings.

Lando6

I would caution moving up too quickly. Your city's defenses will be so weak that anyone and everyone will be able to attack and plunder you (and then make the game no fun). I just crossed over 1.5 yrs in the game and am now in PE. I'm still not the highest player in the hood. If you are gonna be a fighter, make sure you have a lvl 50 plus for Traz, CDM, COA, Zeus for starters. Lvl 80 arc really helps to hyperlevel these GB's plus others. I'm in PE for the time being until I have Lvl 60 plus for Traz, CDM, Zeus, COA, HC, BG, TA, CF. Half are already there for me, so I project I'll be there for another 3 months. Then I'm off to FE and hyperleveling AO and Kraken. I'm shooting for at least 500% attack and 300% defense for my attacking army before I move.