• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] 2 months old, impatient and eager

Wobblist

I started in the midst of the summer event, leaving me with a lv 6 villa. I want to create a FP efficient city since it seems to be the thing I struggle and am impatient with the most. I jumped to EMA by accident, but I'm going to camp it until I have my goals reached. I decided against TOB because the population and investment wasn't worth it to me, so for the moment I'm stuck with an unfortunate amount of clapboard houses.

My problem is I produce the bare minimum of FP, being that I'm so new.. I'm cranking out settlements as fast as I can, have a TOR and get as far on the GE as I can, but like I said, im impatient. I'm going to go hard for both fall and Halloween events, but is that basically the only thing to focus outside of GE? How do people produce 100+FP's in a day in EMA/Iron age, is it just the age of their city that they accumulated all the event buildings? I'm hoping for a full fall set which will get me 20fp/day, help with my population and happiness hopefully allowing me to finally delete my Delphi too, but aside from GE, GBG, and special events, there's no real way to increase FP production without GB producing FP'S, is there? And if thats the case, how often is there an event that comes around? After fall, the next one is halloween.. or is there one inbetween? I'm doing daily as well, and st the moment I have no buying power in AD.. am I just too impatient?

For an idea of my city.. i have 35 or so clapboard houses, 12 goods buildings (lol) and a zeus, TOR, and LoA.. with bps for an arc, CdM and CoA.

I can't fight my way through GE because my zeus is so low, I can't put down an arc because I use all my goods negotiating instead of saving.. and i can't spam rq's because my supplies are being eaten by goods.

I think I'm just impatient getting started as I envy all the cities I see in my guild and neighborhood, but I also realize I'm fairly new and ill just take time getting there, but I am competitive in a sense that I don't like to wait, and diamonds are way too overpriced, otherwise this "deal" of buying a full winter train would've been bought by now, as well as a few goods sets for the necessary GB's.

ODragon

It is mostly event building + time + event fodder. At this point, you can usually pick up 2-5 SoK per event. These are easy FP. Check out the Auction, pick an old event building you like and focus on it. you can't buy them all.

Nicholas002

I started in the midst of the summer event, leaving me with a lv 6 villa. I want to create a FP efficient city since it seems to be the thing I struggle and am impatient with the most. I jumped to EMA by accident, but I'm going to camp it until I have my goals reached. I decided against TOB because the population and investment wasn't worth it to me, so for the moment I'm stuck with an unfortunate amount of clapboard houses.

My problem is I produce the bare minimum of FP, being that I'm so new.. I'm cranking out settlements as fast as I can, have a TOR and get as far on the GE as I can, but like I said, im impatient. I'm going to go hard for both fall and Halloween events, but is that basically the only thing to focus outside of GE? How do people produce 100+FP's in a day in EMA/Iron age, is it just the age of their city that they accumulated all the event buildings? I'm hoping for a full fall set which will get me 20fp/day, help with my population and happiness hopefully allowing me to finally delete my Delphi too, but aside from GE, GBG, and special events, there's no real way to increase FP production without GB producing FP'S, is there? And if thats the case, how often is there an event that comes around? After fall, the next one is halloween.. or is there one inbetween? I'm doing daily as well, and st the moment I have no buying power in AD.. am I just too impatient?

For an idea of my city.. i have 35 or so clapboard houses, 12 goods buildings (lol) and a zeus, TOR, and LoA.. with bps for an arc, CdM and CoA.

I can't fight my way through GE because my zeus is so low, I can't put down an arc because I use all my goods negotiating instead of saving.. and i can't spam rq's because my supplies are being eaten by goods.

I think I'm just impatient getting started as I envy all the cities I see in my guild and neighborhood, but I also realize I'm fairly new and ill just take time getting there, but I am competitive in a sense that I don't like to wait, and diamonds are way too overpriced, otherwise this "deal" of buying a full winter train would've been bought by now, as well as a few goods sets for the necessary GB's.
You’ve got a good attitude , and a willingness to learn, so I am certain you will succeed.

yep, events are where most of the FP buildings come from. Just try to complete the main prize for each event, and look at spoilers for the daily specials. Pick the best daily special, and save all your event currency till that one comes around. There are usually events every 6 weeks, and they last for 3 weeks, so about half the time we are in an event.

another huge source of FPs is GBg. If you can increase your attack power or goods, and join a diamond league guild, you can get alot of FPs from that.

good luck!

DevaCat

Two months in is still so new that it's no wonder you're getting antsy. We've been there too! :) Not enough junk collected to make trips to the AD worth it. Can't fight too far or negotiate too far or have FP production enough to buy goods for higher age GBs. At the 2 month stage it's very much about laying foundations, deciding what you want to do, and finding some kind of balance. And your decision to stay in EMA to get things worked out is spot on. So to add to good advice above:

Keep doing the settlements. You didn't say which one, but the Viking grind to a maxed Ygg is worth it -- sweet boost to your army plus goodies.

Save your diamonds for buying expansions if you're trying to play with what you collect in-game.

Of the 3 GBs you have prints for, go for the CdM first. You get a double benefit of fps and military boost. Aachen is a must-build, but better later as it puts out no fps. Fighting as far as you can in GE saves your goods. Arc you will want, but right now looks like you can't afford to build or level it. Those cities in Iron and EMA you see with Arcs aren't first cities, they are built by players who have already learned elsewhere how to build one quickly. Oh, and 100fp/day cities in Iron and EMA are not 2 month cities either, so relax. (Okay, grind your teeth a little, but it won't take long for you to get there too.)

If your supplies are getting eaten by goods production, get some levels on that LoA. With that many goods buildings and I'm guessing barracks too requiring pop, no wonder you have that number of houses. I bet the happy burden is big too. There are other ways to get your goods and get rid of houses and goods buildings, do some research. Look into Chateau Frontenac, Hagia Sophia, and Alcatraz. They might be out of reach right now, but they are GBs that will help you with fps, goods, happy and troops. Good luck, hope this is some help.

Plain Red Justice

An FP efficient city is neither the city with a lot of SoKs or event buildings nor is it someone that regularly finishes GE4 but a city that simply snipes a lot. Make a profit out of everyone as many as you can, take your time to search for prey so it's always a good idea to prioritize an Arc.

Whether it's for sniping or for winning more FPs in swap threads or cutting your losses when gathering BPs, prioritizing your Arc or getting an Arc is always the way to go

DevaCat

An FP efficient city is neither the city with a lot of SoKs or event buildings nor is it someone that regularly finishes GE4 but a city that simply snipes a lot. Make a profit out of everyone as many as you can, take your time to search for prey so it's always a good idea to prioritize an Arc.

Whether it's for sniping or for winning more FPs in swap threads or cutting your losses when gathering BPs, prioritizing your Arc or getting an Arc is always the way to go
Once again you just love to hear yourself talk.

You can't snipe a lot before you have an Arc, preferably one with some levels on it. You will have a hard time building one in EMA without the fps and goods needed to obtain Arc goods. (Not all players jump guilds until they find one that will give them what they need.) Building an Arc before building a robust daily FP production is just pointless -- unless one is willing to endure an excruciatingly long leveling process. So yes, an Arc is important, but not at the point the op's city is currently.

Which you would know, if you didn't just love to hear yourself talk.

Agent327

Really strange reasoning. You can still put in all those buildings that produce fp's and snipe a lot. Sniping does not require not to have them.

Wobblist

How are you supposed to snipe when you can't produce contribution rewards in the first place? You get one lucky FP pack from TOR or daily challenge and look for a snipe? I can easily do that, but so far most snipes I see require hundreds of FP's or at least more than what I can collect in a cycle, and they're profitable even without an arc.

Wobblist

Once again you just love to hear yourself talk.

You can't snipe a lot before you have an Arc, preferably one with some levels on it. You will have a hard time building one in EMA without the fps and goods needed to obtain Arc goods. (Not all players jump guilds until they find one that will give them what they need.) Building an Arc before building a robust daily FP production is just pointless -- unless one is willing to endure an excruciatingly long leveling process. So yes, an Arc is important, but not at the point the op's city is currently.

Which you would know, if you didn't just love to hear yourself talk.

I thought so. I do get packs in some cheesy 1FP adding on random neighbors hoping I'll get some back, but it's rare. I also try to catch the same member in swap threads so I can get first place without losing on my return, or even if I do at least the ones I've given are already added to mine. I think that's the best "sniping" for me currently, swap threads to where at least someone's giving back to me and then hopefully I catch the same GB so I increase my chances on that GB, helping me accumulate packs.

And thank you everyone else for the replies!! I think I just needed someone to tell me that yes - it does take time, and I'm unrealistic with my time frame. I'm really looking forward to this event as it has a great set piece, and Halloween is just as good. Ill put my CdM down as soon as I can for that extra bonus, but I think I'll get my zeus to 10 first. And definitely alcatraz after that - though I don't even have a rogue hideout, which really peeves me off

Thank you all again! And if you have anything else to advice I'd love to hear it! I'm trying so i fight most GE but my Zeus is still so low, and I obviously don't have any other % sources at the moment. My guild is is... amazing. I don't know how I got in but they're 1st in diamond GBG and GE. So those rewards will help tremendously, but thats why I need an arc so I'm adding at least something to the treasury.

DevaCat

I thought so. I do get packs in some cheesy 1FP adding on random neighbors hoping I'll get some back, but it's rare. I also try to catch the same member in swap threads so I can get first place without losing on my return, or even if I do at least the ones I've given are already added to mine. I think that's the best "sniping" for me currently, swap threads to where at least someone's giving back to me and then hopefully I catch the same GB so I increase my chances on that GB, helping me accumulate packs.

And thank you everyone else for the replies!! I think I just needed someone to tell me that yes - it does take time, and I'm unrealistic with my time frame. I'm really looking forward to this event as it has a great set piece, and Halloween is just as good. Ill put my CdM down as soon as I can for that extra bonus, but I think I'll get my zeus to 10 first. And definitely alcatraz after that - though I don't even have a rogue hideout, which really peeves me off

Thank you all again! And if you have anything else to advice I'd love to hear it! I'm trying so i fight most GE but my Zeus is still so low, and I obviously don't have any other % sources at the moment. My guild is is... amazing. I don't know how I got in but they're 1st in diamond GBG and GE. So those rewards will help tremendously, but thats why I need an arc so I'm adding at least something to the treasury.
It just takes some time. Believe it or not, before too long you will be going "Whaat? Another xx#%' rogue hideout!" (Although they're good for the AD).

Forget about sniping at this point (other than the crazy opportunity snipe you'll occasionally find -- definitely worth looking for, but not depending on.). I would caution against the swaps too, too many games get played there. Your best bet in-guild is to try to take 5th spots on GBs you're interested in (especially Arcs, you will need a boatload of prints to level yours once you start); you can usually get 5th place for 5 to 20 fps and get bps. Fourth in a 1.x thread could net you some fps as well and could be affordable depending on the gb. Talk to your guildies.

A diamond guild might pressure people to pony up. Fair enough. But your duty is to yourself first, i.e., to build a city strong enough to deal with whatever it's dealt.

Wobblist

You’ve got a good attitude , and a willingness to learn, so I am certain you will succeed.

yep, events are where most of the FP buildings come from. Just try to complete the main prize for each event, and look at spoilers for the daily specials. Pick the best daily special, and save all your event currency till that one comes around. There are usually events every 6 weeks, and they last for 3 weeks, so about half the time we are in an event.

another huge source of FPs is GBg. If you can increase your attack power or goods, and join a diamond league guild, you can get alot of FPs from that.

good luck!
Ah, a nice mechanic? You can gamble on the daily during the event and get multiples of it if you save the rewards? I like it!! Thank you, some info I had not known during my extensive research haha. I appreciate it kindly.

Wobblist

It just takes some time. Believe it or not, before too long you will be going "Whaat? Another xx#%' rogue hideout!" (Although they're good for the AD).

Forget about sniping at this point (other than the crazy opportunity snipe you'll occasionally find -- definitely worth looking for, but not depending on.). I would caution against the swaps too, too many games get played there. Your best bet in-guild is to try to take 5th spots on GBs you're interested in (especially Arcs, you will need a boatload of prints to level yours once you start); you can usually get 5th place for 5 to 20 fps and get bps. Fourth in a 1.x thread could net you some fps as well and could be affordable depending on the gb. Talk to your guildies.

A diamond guild might pressure people to pony up. Fair enough. But your duty is to yourself first, i.e., to build a city strong enough to deal with whatever it's dealt.

Ahah, I would hope so, and hope to get some extras so I can put them on the AD and finally accumulate that currency too.. so many things I couldn't afford so far. I'll be patient.. for you. :) my guildies are understanding of my situation and more than anything appreciate my drive and ambition which is what they accepted me for in the first place.. at least I'm active and trying and not just trying to ride the privilege of such a good guild and dipping.

And again, thank you for the reassurance, my anxiousness will pay off soon enough

Nicholas002

Ah, a nice mechanic? You can gamble on the daily during the event and get multiples of it if you save the rewards? I like it!! Thank you, some info I had not known during my extensive research haha. I appreciate it kindly.
Exactly. I got 14 tracks in the soccer event, and 15 crows nest kits in the summer event using this tactic. All it takes is patience.
in the next event I will go for the Appleton cottage, and try to max two of them. ( they require 7 kits each, so it should be doable)

Plain Red Justice

Really strange reasoning. You can still put in all those buildings that produce fp's and snipe a lot. Sniping does not require not to have them.
True but there are way better buildings and a newbie's expansions is simply very limited. GBs take a lot of space and even low level GBs like Alcatraz, Himeji and Arc are very useful even at low non-existent levels. Downside is they'd be needing a lot of space to function and SoKs and the like aren't the building that deserves to consume them. If you're dependent on a 1 FP per day building for doing anything, you're being very inefficient

Emberguard

How do people produce 100+FP's in a day in EMA/Iron age, is it just the age of their city that they accumulated all the event buildings?
That’s the biggest factor beyond actually putting a plan into action and the experience of the player.

I started a city on May 3rd 2020 and it's only just reached 100 FPs from daily collections. That's exactly four months over 3 events (no diamonds bought).

If you've only just started during Summer Event, then it'll probably take 2-3 more events to reach 100 FPs depending on how well you do during each event and whether you manage to get FP producing buildings from Antiques, Daily Challenges, Settlement or Guild Expedition.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you though is to rearrange your city every so often to see if you can fit more into it. The more efficient you get at arranging the layout of your city the easier it becomes to boost any particular aspect you need to as you'll have to space to place things down.

Forget about sniping at this point (other than the crazy opportunity snipe you'll occasionally find -- definitely worth looking for, but not depending on.).
Adding onto this, rather then thinking about sniping (if we're talking about locking in places for profit) - consider putting some FPs on low cost and low risk spots. In Iron Age and Early Middle Ages there are a lot of Oracle of Delphi's floating around that you can place 1 FP on and get more profit back then you lose from being outbid. I haven't done swaps, and I haven't done much banking of FPs with 1.9 into other GBs. I've simply been using Oracle's in the hood to gather 1,000+ FPs over the last four months that's sitting nicely in my inventory. My Arc is only Level 3 at the moment so at most I might get +1 FP from this. You don't need a Arc to get profit early on

Emberguard

And it's a excellent game changer. Particularly for a new city. It means instead of only getting 1 main Event Building per event you can get 2 main Events - 1 current and 1 potentially fully lvl'd previous years event (or a bunch of Shrine of Knowledge if you really want it)

For example: in last years Halloween event one of the daily specials was the Dark Doorway. It’s not a building you lvl up but if you managed to obtain and then find the space to put 10 3x3 buildings that’d be 30 FPs from that alone in addition to the new event building and then you could gradually replace individual buildings as you get better stuff. (If you don’t have that kind of space then obviously go for something else). But hopefully that illustrates a bit how quickly FP can build up if you solely prioritise FP buildings at the expense of everything else

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

How are you supposed to snipe when you can't produce contribution rewards in the first place? You get one lucky FP pack from TOR or daily challenge and look for a snipe? I can easily do that, but so far most snipes I see require hundreds of FP's or at least more than what I can collect in a cycle, and they're profitable even without an arc.
Why are you looking at GBs that are far beyond your current capabilities? Unless that is your target GB to win in a swap thread, hundreds FP rewards shouldn't be where you're playing at, at least for plain old sniping.

Don't listen to that triggered animal that refuses to acknowledge or learn how swap thread works and benefits. You'd be realizing that an Arc even at low levels is quite crucial for turning your swap threads into a goldmine and what you'll need to level your GBs at a drastically reduced cost

Emberguard

You'd be realizing that an Arc even at low levels is quite crucial for turning your swap threads into a goldmine and what you'll need to level your GBs at a drastically reduced cost
You’ve just proven Deva’s point of why to avoid generic swap threads. If one person wins at a drastically reduced cost without a hyper lvl’d Arc then someone else paid for it at a drastically increased cost if not a complete loss/net 0. And at the OPs stage of development they’re the one who’d be paying for it

Trades can be a useful tool to level up GBs, but only if it’s fair to everyone within the swap. (Or in certain circumstances / play styles)

@Martyrition if you want to do FP swaps it’d be a good idea to get a group of 6 (including self) and have a ongoing swap between you. That way everyone gets something back from the deal made.

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

You’ve just proven Deva’s point of why to avoid generic swap threads. If one person wins at a drastically reduced cost without a hyper lvl’d Arc then someone else paid for it at a drastically increased cost if not a complete loss/net 0
Sure, that is how swap threads work. It's a completely optional fair feature that where player activity gets rewarded just at it should be and the losers would get a deficit (albeit not a complete loss since they'd still get FP to their GB). It has completely identical rules to sniping, GE and GBG when you're up against relevant opponents. Its only difference is that it's used for GB leveling, very optimal on low level GBs where 1.9'ing it provides practically nothing and it's not too difficult to do even for a newbie as long as he/she picks the right GBs to target and has bought an Arc of course so he/she actually has a prio GB to place in swaps.

Why all these text? The OP was asking a quick method to progress. I provided the fastest way to do it for a newbie and the only requirement is to get an Arc and be an active player which shouldn't be an issue given the ambitious title of this thread

Last edited:

Emberguard

Actually being Sniped gives you more then swapping and losing out

It’s not identical rules. Sniping is unsolicited and aims to keep the profit. 1.9 aims to skip micro transactions by putting all the profit on the owners GB. Swaps aim to put the profit in the contributors inventory while covering the outlay through a two way deal. All totally different goals and rules

very optimal on low level GBs where 1.9'ing it provides practically nothing
If 1.9 isn’t giving anything back then swaps won’t either unless you mean swap onto a high level GB while placing a low level GB

Last edited: