• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Update to 1.185 - Feedback

Agent327

@Agent327 can you confirm that our feedback is reaching the devs?
There has been a lot of thoughtful feedback in this thread, including my proposal which you moved here, as well as the suggestion for a rogues-only tab.

It would be nice to know if this is actually getting through, instead of getting buried here...
And if it's not getting through, I will make more proposals.

Yes I can. All feedback is gathered and forwarded to the devs. That's why I have asked to keep this thread clean and on topic, so feedback does not get burried under a pile of chitchat.

A rogues only tab was forwarded almost 4 years ago

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/add-a-dedicated-tab-for-rogues.14993/

Devs must not like it.

Nicholas002

Nicholas002

Of all the new items added to the AD, I have seen about 10 winter spires, and colossus kits in the auction. (neither of which I want)
The only new item I have seen on the AD direct buy shelf is 1 pagoda kit.

I have seen no other new items in the auction or shelf. No crows nest, no winners plaza, no September cottage, etc.

It has been 2 weeks since they were added. I check the AD every day, and enter about 5 auctions a day.
Only 1 new item on the shelf in 2 weeks? that seems a little infrequent.
and only 2 different items seen in the auction is disappointing. (if I ever get to see something I want in the auction, it will probably cost like 100k coins)

Anyway, in 14 days, seeing 1 new item (of 9) on the shelf means 126 days on average, to see a CN kit on the shelf. that's almost half a year.
I mean, I like to think I am patient, but if it's gonna take 4 years to max a CN, you might as well not add it.

Maybe it's time to add more slots, or take out some of the BPs, units goods and FPs?

Well we're just testing this out in my guild so im not 100% sure but it seams that noone can post in a thread that is locked, not even the person who made it. My suggestion is so that only admins in the thread can post. For example in a GBG Targets thread only leaders (admins) can post and noone else from the guild can post there.

AwesomeAadi10

I really dislike how we get notifications for every guild tab now including swaps. I would like it to remain as before, only the actual guild chat gives notifications.

BruteForceAttack

Well we're just testing this out in my guild so im not 100% sure but it seams that noone can post in a thread that is locked, not even the person who made it. My suggestion is so that only admins in the thread can post. For example in a GBG Targets thread only leaders (admins) can post and noone else from the guild can post there.

Oh ok..yeah currently it looks like Admin has to unlock, make the changes and lock again :(

Eyes of Kat

I really dislike how we get notifications for every guild tab now including swaps. I would like it to remain as before, only the actual guild chat gives notifications.

I noticed this too. I had to go turn these off so I could update the rest of the threads. I think if the thread is hidden, you no longer get notifications. But that does not help if it is a thread you actively use.

Plunder Queen

Of all the new items added to the AD, I have seen about 10 winter spires, and colossus kits in the auction. (neither of which I want)
The only new item I have seen on the AD direct buy shelf is 1 pagoda kit.

I have seen no other new items in the auction or shelf. No crows nest, no winners plaza, no September cottage, etc.

It has been 2 weeks since they were added. I check the AD every day, and enter about 5 auctions a day.
Only 1 new item on the shelf in 2 weeks? that seems a little infrequent.
and only 2 different items seen in the auction is disappointing. (if I ever get to see something I want in the auction, it will probably cost like 100k coins)

Anyway, in 14 days, seeing 1 new item (of 9) on the shelf means 126 days on average, to see a CN kit on the shelf. that's almost half a year.
I mean, I like to think I am patient, but if it's gonna take 4 years to max a CN, you might as well not add it.

Maybe it's time to add more slots, or take out some of the BPs, units goods and FPs?
How much was the direct buy pagoda kit?

Angel.

I noticed this too. I had to go turn these off so I could update the rest of the threads. I think if the thread is hidden, you no longer get notifications. But that does not help if it is a thread you actively use.
I dont like this message thing i thought yall was adding like globel chat not messing with the guild messages

Jern2017

The new era lock function is far from being an improvement in my opinion. I, like many other players, use a combination of regular units and Rogues to fight. With this new addition, it takes twice as long to swap out units.

Agent327

The new era lock function is far from being an improvement in my opinion. I, like many other players, use a combination of regular units and Rogues to fight. With this new addition, it takes twice as long to swap out units.

Keep it on "all ages" and you have the old situation.

Jern2017

Unless I'm missing something, it's not like the old situation. Before, when the default choice was "all ages", you could select your regular units, then select an age in which you had no regular units and select your Rogues. When you wanted to rearrange your attacking army, you could repeat this. Now the age preference is saved, so it takes you twice as long to swap between units after battles.

It's not a huge deal, but it's still annoying.

Robbenn

No, you don't have the old situation. Like Jern said, now you have to swap the units age twice per fight to be able to use that feature as a "rogues filter", instead of just once. And it is a huge deal if you do enough battles in a row.