• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

ggrrjj

Forget the message center! The best news from INNO is the suspension and hopefully the end to the PvP tournament!! Thanks for listening INNI!
Don't want to hijack this thread but the PvP annoincement today shows that Inno does understand when what they've done doesn't work and can roll it back. Hopefully rollback happens with this new message center, or they apply all those newly freed dev hours to it so it actually works better than the old version.

ggrrjj

Everyone has preferences. Many of us wanted them to revamp the message center. You'll get your preference addressed soon enough. Took us AGES to get ours addressed.

My issues aren't that the message center changed, it's that the changes are random and seem pointless. The changes that have merit and might be useful we implemented in such a poor manner that it doesn't seem Inno has the developer talent to accomplish what people want to see.
I'm not a fan of the "release it and fix it later" development model that this current message center represents. Devs should release a fully functional product not half-finished work.

Salsuero

it's that the changes are random and seem pointless.

Fortunately, what you believe isn't true. There was nothing random OR pointless about the changes.

The changes that have merit and might be useful we implemented in such a poor manner that it doesn't seem Inno has the developer talent to accomplish what people want to see.

Agree to disagree.

I'm not a fan of the "release it and fix it later" development model that this current message center represents.

Nor am I. Fortunately, this went through a testing phase and I'm pleased with the changes made.

Devs should release a fully functional product not half-finished work.

Well, sometimes you don't get everything you want. That doesn't mean it's not the way it is intended upon release. Sometimes things can be improved. But if your point were actually in effect, this game wouldn't exist... because MUCH has changed since its release. In fact, no software would ever be released because there would undoubtedly be a bug or two that slip past the testers and there would always be some who don't like the result. Many of the people complaining aren't even trying to give it a shot. It's an improvement. That matters to a lot of players.

I like the new format! I am founder/leader of a guild and leader in two others. we (in all 3) are leaving swaps in social and utilizing guild for guidelines, battleground discussions, event info etc. the ability to lock is nice since we don’t need comments on most. I do wish there was an add to all or dele from all on the social side but other than that, so far so good!

RaveWolf

It opens in the tab you close it in.

Yes and no...

I've tested this out...
Chrome (Desktop) - If I stay logged in, and I go into the Message center, it will open in the last Tab as you have mentioned. However if I refresh or reload the game, it will then revert back to the Guild Tab.

Android App (Mobile) - @P C C did not mention which device, but on my Android it does exactly as he has mentioned. If I stay logged in, and I go into the Message center, it will open in the Guild Tab
* Update: I see that he did mention 'Android' in a later post.

Last edited:

Salsuero

It opens in the tab you close it in.
It really does not.
Chrome (Desktop) - If I stay logged in, and I go into the Message center, it will open in the last Tab
Android App (Mobile) - ... If I stay logged in, and I go into the Message center, it will open in the Guild Tab

It opens to the last tab it was in for me in Chrome as well. Perhaps it is a limitation of the mobile app(s) that it cannot do that. Seems unlikely that it would not be intentionally programmed to do the same thing if it could... or that it would go entirely unnoticed during the long testing phase. But maybe it's a bug.

Papabear07

Lots of great discussion here; good to see. I generally like the new message forum and method for managing my messages.

The one problem I and several others have is the poor identification of which tab you are in. Initially it created problems for some of us (myself included) thinking we had lost messages as it was unclear how the tabs/folders worked. I've figured this out generally and understand the difference in treatment between hidden (removed from main) and favorite/important (stays in main duplicated in favorites/Important).

The real problem is that there is no "Inbox" or "Main" folder. Thus it is a toggle to the other folder without clearly identifying whether you are in the main box or not. Last night that caused me to miss a guild event for a select group. I had been toggling back and forth between guild and social looking for it to get set-up but had inadvertently landed in favorites and it wasn't showing my new messages.

I have two suggestions for solving this (either would make a big improvement) - but one is contra-to other requests -
1.) should always open in the main in box (rather than returning to last favorite folder for instance)
2.) there should be an additional tab for the Main Inbox (called either main or inbox or other) - then toggling between threads it would be obvious when you were in the main inbox and when you were in a sub-folder.

Salsuero

it is a toggle to the other folder without clearly identifying whether you are in the main box or not.

Are you on mobile? Someone else will have to explain this if so because I don't play mobile. But in the browser version, it is very clear which "inbox" you are in -- Guild/Social/Official -- and if you toggle a tag, the tag becomes white. Simply toggle it again and you are out of that filter. If it doesn't work that way on the mobile version, then I can understand the frustration.

should always open in the main in box (rather than returning to last favorite folder for instance)

Some of us would prefer that it open exactly where we left it. That's quicker for us. Just like how some people want their army management to remain showing the filters they choose, because that's quicker for them. Persistence is an efficiency thing. I wouldn't oppose a checkbox allowing/disallowing filter persistence or even a "reset" button such that, if you want to go back to the "main" view, you could just click that. Wouldn't mind that in any part of the game that employs a persistence element.

there should be an additional tab for the Main Inbox (called either main or inbox or other) - then toggling between threads it would be obvious when you were in the main inbox and when you were in a sub-folder.

Like I said earlier, I can't speak for mobile, but in the browser it's already clear.

Lj5095

Can’t believe they didn’t bother to fix the broken sentences that carry half the word to the next line. That has been going on so long and is so annoying especially when trying to explain something to a new guildie. Numbers and words get cut off and end up on the next line. They went through all the trouble of creating a new messaging system and we still have to deal with that problem...

Salsuero

I just wish (to reference my previous post) the dot on each tab to highlighted which tab or tabs have a new message.

Isn't that exactly how it works? At least it does in the browser version. When I open the message center, if there's a dot on the guild tab, there's a new message in the guild folder. Same with the social and official tabs. What am I missing?

Tony 85 the Generous

Isn't that exactly how it works? At least it does in the browser version. When I open the message center, if there's a dot on the guild tab, there's a new message in the guild folder. Same with the social and official tabs. What am I missing?
The envelope icon and the yellow dot work distinctly differently.

The yellow dot currently represents unread messages (not new messages).
The envelope icon highlights on new messages (is not highlighted even if there are unread messages).

Tony 85 the Generous

Can’t believe they didn’t bother to fix the broken sentences that carry half the word to the next line. That has been going on so long and is so annoying especially when trying to explain something to a new guildie. Numbers and words get cut off and end up on the next line. They went through all the trouble of creating a new messaging system and we still have to deal with that problem...
Their text editor does not seem to recognize things like that. Also notice that control & left-arrow or right-arrow do not increment to the next word. Try it in a reply box here and then the message center to see the difference. (control & arrow even works in Windows Notepad not sure why not in the message center)

Salsuero

The yellow dot currently represents unread messages (not new messages).

Ahhh. It's a difference of definition then. To me, any unread message is new until it's read. But yeah, that makes sense if you don't see them that way. I don't really leave messages unread... and if they're threads I wish to ignore, I can now just hide them and there will be no notification either way. Win-win in my case!