• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT: Progress and Strategies

Triopoly Champion

My prediction turned out to be correct, the margin for the League Apprentice indeed tightened up a lot, however I'm still leading by 8 points with a little more than 2 hours left, cannot forget to land my foot on Wisconsin at least once during the final countdown -
Vingrid League Table for Fall Event - Final Day.jpg

I am just in pro league rn, and if I manage to stay in it, I will be building this set:

View attachment 17262

It gives 60% attack, 24% defense for attack, plus a few FPs and whatnot from the barn, and con/supply boosts from the fields.

The reason I am building this over the other attack sets originally posted, is that you get a level 3 barn like it or not, so you might as well use it.
plus, you can use a field kit for another attack field since you skip the begonia, and the barn is bigger than the begonia allowing you to support more attack fields.

It is less efficient per tile, than the previously posted attack sets, but for where I am at in the game now, I prefer volume over efficiency. At some point, when I run out of space, I will likely want the smaller set, but by then the next year's event may have rolled around, and we'll be able to get fields again, and re-customize it.

( I may have to use some of my free diamonds to stay in pro league. If it is less than a few hundred diamonds, I will probably bite the bullet and just do it for the extra field, I mean what else am I supposed to spend them on?)
55 minutes until it's over, and I think I have this Event figured out. I finally realized that this League you are all talking about is the Hobby->Trainee thingy in the upper left corner of the food table, and that it is clickable. Who'd a thunk it. Also discovered that I am soooo close to Apprentice, which would get a 6th field. So now I am trying to grind out a last Event Quest or three, having been stuck since yesterday on the one that required a 24-hour supply production. Even using a 6-hour supply rush I got for a cake meant 18 hours between Quest completions, which was a little painful. AAARGH 25 minutes, in 5 minutes I get two apples and have to pray for the next Quest to be another 10-minute one AND that it give me either Caramel or Cinnamon, because I can't move forward without one of those, but with either I can probably do more than one recipe. And I am THREE stars away from that extra field, although four or five would be more nearly certain. Am I taking this too seriously? AAAAARGH 22 minutes and I mis-read the Quest instruction -- I have a mix of previous Age and current Age production buildings and it's going to take twice as long. The next Quest is going to have to be instantaneous. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN! 17 minutes to go in the Event and 10 minutes of production remaining for this Quest. And yes, I am taking this game too seriously at 3am. What are the odds of the next Quest being instantly complete-able AND giving me either Cinnamon or Caramel?

The odds were good. Spend 14 FP and win 6 battles for 2 Cinnamon, so I raided my inventory and popped those FPs into my LoA and spent 60 seconds autobattleing innocent neighbors, and with 9:03 to go I got a dozen stars on the table. 2:02 left in the Event and I am still at the bottom of the Apprentice list, which is good enough for me if it's good enough for the next two minutes... assuming that the numbers are accurate and the database is updated every second. It's over now, but I don't have the Apprentice items in my inventory, no congratulatory announcements on the screen... everyone who plays this game is getting some kind of announcement right now, except for those who did nothing in the Event and actively avoided it, which I would think would be a minority, so X hundred thousand announcements going out through data pipes that are not quite infinitely large, it could take a little while, probably not long, but it could be noticeable. ... .... ... Where's my stuff? ... ... ...

Woo hoo! I am an Apprentice baker! And I have a Selection Kit, a One-Up Kit, and 50 FP to show for it! Take that, bottom eight deciles!

Yup. Definitely too seriously.

GH

Nicholas002

I ended up spending some of my free diamonds to stay in professional league, and get the extra field.
I built this set, with the lvl 4 barn, 5 wheat fields, and 3 Ochre fields.

it boosted my attacking military boost from 201/203 to 261/227%
the barn gives 4 FPs, coins, supplies, and some unneeded population and happiness.

1601561012097.png

voidsource

The layout is the best for the fighters, but there are farmers and traders in the game too.

I would prefer 4 Wheat and 4 Orche for a more squared layout.
most of the set ups here in the game are for fighters and they dont take into consideration others. It's a pretty ineffective conversation with most folks on the forums.

voidsource

Huh! Did not realize you could get benefits w/out the barn. I wish I had realized that at the beginning. I am F2P; obviously playing almost entirely w/out Diamonds modifies/eliminates many strategies. I would have gotten a Lvl3 barn anyway, b/c that just happens, but I would not have had to put a LOT of effort into earning 4 expansions to make space for both barn and fields AND putting them all together AND using a few tiles for additional road. I wonder if barn-and-fields is actually a suboptimal solution. More research is required...
the thing is u really dont need the barn in most of the setups. At most the barn is good for fps and goods. But they are alternatives to not having the barn where u can get goods/fps without it by just using the side pieces themselves. Some of these like i said before are good alternative to other pieces like the piazza plaza set and the cherry blossom set which require level 2 upgrades in order to compete with the barns non level upgrade pieces. Remember u just need in most fps and goods 3 unique pieces from the set. Which doesn't mean the barn is a requirement. Bc it isnt. So ur free to do w/e u want. The most common thing is to put the orchard or the 2x2 piece in the center and have the 1x3 pieces on either side of it and on the top and bottom of the 2x2 piece have 3x2 pieces which can be repeated ones or not. Just have to be aware that the 3x2 piece u use might need a road connection. But either way its about the same footprint of the piazza and cherry blossom set but without the level ups and u get a almost as much or equal to what they give as far as fps/goods go.

-Chen-

Much appreciation once again for the OP. Was able to fit the Attack 1 setup in nicely, and already set up the spaces needed to for the two Halloween event buildings.
Now I just have to decide how hard I want to go after the one building in particular. I have the expansions available to plant more than one, but I need to be very selective now, since two lane roads and bigger buildings have to be a constant consideration moving forward.

Triopoly Champion

Correct. But I am not interested in all 6 productions. The main thing is the 8 attack fields. The barn is a “necessary evil” used to support the fields with a second connection. Even so, it does give a few FPs, plus some other things.
I don't think the Barn is absolutely necessary. I cannot find the Barn set in FoE City Planner, so I just use the Japanese Garden set, no roads are needed -
Forge of Empires - Zen Gardens.png