• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

Dominator - X

Easily. You only get upset if you’re attached to your resources. This is a game, you shouldn’t be attached to anything within the game as that then prevents you from using it (or deleting to replace with better)
LOL, this isn't a psychoanalysis forum. Stating one would get upset for paying more for something than they could is NOT a bad thing no matter how much you think it may be. And it has nothing to do with being "attached" or whatever psycho-babble nonsense you want to interject here.
If you are OK with paying more to level your GBs, have at it. However, I personally try to maximize my FP bank and get the most out of them, which includes paying the least amount to level my GBs. If I do, in a very rare case, get sniped, I don't just "awe shucks" it. That does not suggest that I am attached, just that I don't want to have to pay more than I have to, since it costs more and takes longer.

Regardless, my comment was in response to someone making the argument that people get mad at being sniped because of the rewards not being owned. I was arguing that they get mad not because of the rewards, but because it costs more to level their GBs. My question was in that context.

BTW: What could you possibly get that is better by "deleting" FPs?

Nicholas002

Regardless, my comment was in response to someone making the argument that people get mad at being sniped because of the rewards not being owned.
whaaa?
I said literally the opposite: that the rewards not being owned are a good reason people shouldn't be mad. I never said that the rewards not being owned are the reason they are mad. You wildly misinterpreted my comment.

this was what you responded too:
people get mad because they have come to place a value on the reward positions of their GBs. (usually 1.9 x the reward).
if they get less than 1.9, they feel like they have been cheated out of something, while in reality, they don't even own the rewards on their GBs, much less 1.9x those rewards.
I certainly have been guilty of this way of thinking myself, but if you think about it harder, it really doesn't make any sense.
that being said, I manage my GBs in such a way that they can't be sniped for less than 1.9.
Obviously, this statement is true: the reward FPs don't even exist until someone contributes.

HOWEVER: it is a theoretical argument, and practically speaking, of course you "lose" FPs by not getting 1.9.

Plain Red Justice

If you are OK with paying more to level your GBs, have at it. However, I personally try to maximize my FP bank and get the most out of them, which includes paying the least amount to level my GBs?
You say that you try to pay the least amount to level your GBs but you can be rest assured that you are most probably not doing that. I haven't seen how you level your GBs but for some reason I am 100% sure you're being suboptimal since you mentioned 1.9

Emberguard

LOL, this isn't a psychoanalysis forum. Stating one would get upset for paying more for something than they could is NOT a bad thing no matter how much you think it may be. And it has nothing to do with being "attached" or whatever psycho-babble nonsense you want to interject here.
Really? Cause if they didn’t place such high value on something that’s not happened yet they’d have no reason to be upset on not getting it. They’re attached to what they believe they lost

Of course people want to pay less where possible. But that doesn’t mean they should or would get upset about it. There are countless games out there where you’ll lose resources because you can’t control the environment. People don’t get upset over those if they accept it’s a game where things are out of their control except for their own actions. You can regain what you lost, so there’s no point crying over spilt milk

Easily. You only get upset if you’re attached to your resources. This is a game, you shouldn’t be attached to anything within the game as that then prevents you from using it (or deleting to replace with better)
On one hand, I agree completely. On the other hand, she wore a glove. (My father used to say that. We never knew what he meant.)

Dominator - X

You say that you try to pay the least amount to level your GBs but you can be rest assured that you are most probably not doing that. I haven't seen how you level your GBs but for some reason I am 100% sure you're being suboptimal since you mentioned 1.9
Why not just state what you mean instead of playing the hinting game?

Plain Red Justice

Why not just state what you mean instead of playing the hinting game?
Me calling your GB leveling methods 100% suboptimal is not straight enough for you? You surely are something else

Go ahead and make another thread since it's off-topic and tell us how you level your GBs there. I'll tell you why you're bad

Dominator - X

Me calling your GB leveling methods 100% suboptimal is not straight enough for you? You surely are something else

Go ahead and make another thread since it's off-topic and tell us how you level your GBs there. I'll tell you why you're bad
No need. Really not interested in playing your dopey game. Thank you for nothing, though.

1.9 comes from The Arc, a great building which boosts contribution rewards. At level 80, the arc gives its owner a 90% boost of the reward spots on other players GBs. In other words the investor gets the initial reward plus 90% of the reward, for a total of 1.9x the reward. So if I have a arc lvl 80, and I donate to your GB, and I get a reward spot worth 10 FPs, I will get 19 FPs instead.

since so many players have a level 80 arc, it is not uncommon for players to get their guild mates and friends to donate 1.9 on all the positions on their GBs.
2 weeks on, and I just noticed the "guild mates and friends" part of your reply, and I feel like such a maroon. I actually get it now, being a co-op kind of Tyrant and President for Life myself.
Regards,
Zerbino il Distruttore
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
But not really. Nothing personal. It was my father's motto. Boy, there was a guy who would destroy you! Anyway, he left me all this merch already paid for, t-shirts and keychains and mugs and such, so I'm kind of stuck with it.

The rewards have nothing to do with being upset about being sniped. A person who uses the 1.9 is getting the maximum FPs contributed by others to their GB spots. Which in turn will cost the owner less of their own FPs to level it. When it gets sniped, this will cost the owner more of their own FPs to level it, as opposed to being paid the full 1.9. This would make most people upset. How could it not?

That said, I never over prime, and I have a ton of friends who help level my GBs when ready, so sniping is no longer an issue, even in the sweet spot.
So how do you prime (same as pre-load?) your building? That sounds like you are contributing FPs to the reward slots of your own building; how could you do that?

Also, all of this is only for the Arc, right?

Dominator - X

So how do you prime (same as pre-load?) your building? That sounds like you are contributing FPs to the reward slots of your own building; how could you do that?

Also, all of this is only for the Arc, right?
Priming means adding enough FPs to your own GB to protect the spots you want others to fill. There are several terms for the same thing: Prime, Lock, Protect etc.
This applies to ANY GB you want spots filled, not just an Arc.

UP ONLINE

Hurry and get your sniping done, it's possible to drop 1,000+ fps at once now.

I've started to grab some really profitable deals among friends and neighbors, and they even thank me for the sniping especially The Arc -
View attachment 14382View attachment 14383
nothing wrong with what you call Snipping Its how you get higher levels GB just part of the game
So why post this !! I SEE NO PROBLEM

Priming means adding enough FPs to your own GB to protect the spots you want others to fill. There are several terms for the same thing: Prime, Lock, Protect etc.
This applies to ANY GB you want spots filled, not just an Arc.
Thanks, I guess I will figure this out someday. The game is supposed to be a paradigm of life, right?

Is there a formula for priming? I have figured out the formula for sniping and locking a reward, which was pretty obvious, but I am having trouble envisioning what you are talking about -- and feeling kind of bone-headed about it.

Vger

Is there a formula for priming? I have figured out the formula for sniping and locking a reward, which was pretty obvious, but I am having trouble envisioning what you are talking about -- and feeling kind of bone-headed about it.
If you figured out the formula for locking a reward, then you've already figured out the formula for priming. You need to put enough FP into your GB first, so that somebody else can lock a spot by putting in 1.9 * the FP reward for that spot. (or 1.85, 1.8, whatever rate you are going for).

There are tools online that make it easy. Let your computer do math, it's good at it. Don't think we can post a link, but if you search for FOE GB calculator you will probably find the tool most are using.

Plain Red Justice

Is there a formula for priming? I have figured out the formula for sniping and locking a reward, which was pretty obvious
You need the act of priming when placing a 1.9'd P1 or any place is not enough to render the P1 or PX unsnipable.

Take for example a random GB that needs 1000 FP to level and the P1 1.9'd cost is 499 FP. If you've noticed the GB still needs 501 FP to level (499+501=1000) so as a GB owner, you would have to place 2 FP in order for the GB to be locked and to protect your investor. Believe it or not, you don't need an Arc>80 player to get someone to snipe that P1 investor for the giggles

You need the act of priming when placing a 1.9'd P1 or any place is not enough to render the P1 or PX unsnipable.

Take for example a random GB that needs 1000 FP to level and the P1 1.9'd cost is 499 FP. If you've noticed the GB still needs 501 FP to level (499+501=1000) so as a GB owner, you would have to place 2 FP in order for the GB to be locked and to protect your investor. Believe it or not, you don't need an Arc>80 player to get someone to snipe that P1 investor for the giggles
Thank you! So it turns out it is obvious and I'm just slow. Fwiw, it was the example that made it clear for me, but so many people don't give examples.