• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Rewards

Ok.. so if you were telling a newer player (hey that's me) what prizes to aim for in this event what might you suggest? I am thinking the big prize, House of Horrors (torn between Demon and Wolf), Abandoned Asylum and SO Upgrades (I have 4 lvl 1 currently).
I guess if it's a choice between the Asylum and SO Upgrades I should focus on Asylum.

Thoughts?

Godly Luke

Ok.. so if you were telling a newer player (hey that's me) what prizes to aim for in this event what might you suggest? I am thinking the big prize, House of Horrors (torn between Demon and Wolf), Abandoned Asylum and SO Upgrades (I have 4 lvl 1 currently).
I guess if it's a choice between the Asylum and SO Upgrades I should focus on Asylum.

Thoughts?
I personally am going to go for the Wolf House considering the A/D (Attack and defense) boosts. Secondary prize wise, I would go for the Asylum.

-Chen-

I think the Asylum is by far the best item in the event, I intend to walk away with two fully leveled, and a House of the Wolf. IMO the Wolf is the best choice, I just don't think 2 extra FP's is worth more than a 10% attack bonus, and I'll already be getting a lot of goods from the Asylum.

I think the Asylum is by far the best item in the event, I intend to walk away with two fully leveled, and a House of the Wolf. IMO the Wolf is the best choice, I just don't think 2 extra FP's is worth more than a 10% attack bonus, and I'll already be getting a lot of goods from the Asylum.
If I’m trying to get an Asylum, I assume I should just go all out on day 1 assuming that will be the first daily prize? Then if I haven’t maxed it just doing all the other quest lines and wait for it to appear later in the event?

-Chen-

If I’m trying to get an Asylum, I assume I should just go all out on day 1 assuming that will be the first daily prize? Then if I haven’t maxed it just doing all the other quest lines and wait for it to appear later in the event?
Yep, always best to save up whatever the currency is until your targets come up, then go all out for them. I believe it will be up there the first day, so not much you can do as far as saving anything goes, but if you're not averse to doing diamonds at all (which I'm not) that would probably be the time to use them, then just be patient and make sure you're ready when it pops up again.

Personally, I always take advantage of whatever special offer they give right at the beginning of the event, use that to get whatever I can right off the bat, then plan the rest of the event accordingly to get whatever my targets are before it ends. I ended up with more Villas and Crows nest's than I had even planned to get doing that during the summer event.

Appreciate the honest advice from those above. Only thing I would add is the it truly only depends upon the style of game you are playing. If you like the fighting aspects of this game the most then everything mentioned above is solid advice. If, however, you are choosing a different path, then this event will afford you some great prizes as well. There is only one correct way to play this game, regardless of what any other player tells you, and that is how you decide to play.
One thing to keep in mind is that most of the advice given on this forum comes from a fighting-centric perspective, if that's not your style and you have questions you might have to be specific when asking.

If you play it right you can easily get 1.5 WHoH from the event by using the tools wisely and NOT chasing Daily prize pumpkins. Its the brass ring this time around. By all means if you need to get a few Abandoned Asylum selection to complete one already on hand, do so. After you get the 1.5 Wolf Houses you will need to decide to spend the 4-6k diamonds (depending on luck) to finish the second one.

Encourager

It won't let me use the flashlight... why?

It shows I can use it (in the flashlight spot) but acts like it is stuck....

I’m going to have a lot of house of horror upgrade kits, but don’t have a second house of horrors level 1. Is it worth saving the kits for a year or should I just auction them?