• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aztecs feedback

Hello Fo(E)lks,

The new update with the Aztecs Cultural Settlements is only a couple of days away. You can find the announcement HERE :)

Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, or questions you have about it.

Happy Forging!

Just An Observer

Attack values trump Defense values. You strike first and thus weaken the opposing unit being attacked so you do not need so much Defensive numbers.

This settlement is not providing as good a duo of settlement buildings as Feudal Japan or as good a single settlement building as Vikings. Ancient Egypt would rate better on the main settlement building too. If a player already has three finished settlements, then go for it but for a newer player, they will be better served going with Feudal Japan or Vikings.

Envoys are the usual assortment. At least there are fewer of them to wade through when compared to Vikings.

Artwork is outstanding. The ToR now can have some companion buildings in terms of style.

Playing the settlement: It looks like Inno took features from the previous three settlements. This one should be easily comprehended by those who take it on and have at least a bit of experience in dealing with settlements.

Grade: C

Jern2017

New players would not be playing in this setttlment since you have to unlock it in the tech tree.

New players need to focus on the basics of this game first anyway. Tech requirements to access certain features in the game exist so new players don't get flooded with them the moment they start the game.

As for the Aztecs - the rewards seem good, the mini game looks intriguing and the graphic design is, as with everything in FoE, amazing. Too bad you still need to complete the whole thing several times. I hate the Settlements because of how repetitive they are.

Vger

New players already have Vikings, Japan and Egypt
Yes, they do. Bit odd that we now have an exception.

I assume they will update the Wiki. Right now it says " The Cultural Settlements are unlocked with the Iron Age technology 'Plowing'. " Now it needs to say Cultural Settlements except for Azteks. For that one, you need to age up 3 times to CA and research Colonies. WTF???

OK, Inno wants to encourage people to age up, I get that. But it would have been better if they had thought of using CS's to do that much earlier. It wouldn't have been that hard:
Vikings: Unlock plowing in IA.
Japan: Unlock something in EMA.
Egypt: Unlock something in HMA.
Aztecs: Unlock something in LMA.
Next CS: Unlock something in CA.

But...instead we are making a quantum leap from IA tech to CA tech? I'm not sure that was very well thought out.

UBERhelp1

Yes, they do. Bit odd that we now have an exception.

I assume they will update the Wiki. Right now it says " The Cultural Settlements are unlocked with the Iron Age technology 'Plowing'. " Now it needs to say Cultural Settlements except for Azteks. For that one, you need to age up 3 times to CA and research Colonies. WTF???

OK, Inno wants to encourage people to age up, I get that. But it would have been better if they had thought of using CS's to do that much earlier. It wouldn't have been that hard:
Vikings: Unlock plowing in IA.
Japan: Unlock something in EMA.
Egypt: Unlock something in HMA.
Aztecs: Unlock something in LMA.
Next CS: Unlock something in CA.

But...instead we are making a quantum leap from IA tech to CA tech? I'm not sure that was very well thought out.
Well, cultural settlements are unlocked with Plowing. However, the Aztec settlement is unlocked in CA.

In all honesty, I'm not too bothered. I like how recently new features have been slowly being spread out across ages. Instead of everything be IA, you have the AD in EMA and now the Aztec Settlement in CA. Helps provide more incentive to move up in age.

Vger

In all honesty, I'm not too bothered. I like how recently new features have been slowly being spread out across ages
Except this isn't slowly. This is IA to CA. Unlocking 1 CS per age would have been better game design, but I guess it's a bit too late for that. 20/20 hindsight, right? I'm sticking to what I said above: "I'm not sure that was very well thought out. "

Just An Observer

All settlements should be available early on so each player can choose which ones to spend half a year or so on to complete them for the desired settlement buildings. Aztecs do not offer anything so special that it would need to be so high up the era tree.

With me squatting in EMA and doing Vikings until next spring, the next one will be Ancient Egypt. Maybe by the time I am done with the land of pyramids, there will be a fifth settlement in the works. I like doing them!

Emberguard

would make more sense to say “some Cultural Settlements become available in later ages” so you don’t have to make a big list of what updated when

Vger

would make more sense to say “some Cultural Settlements become available in later ages” so you don’t have to make a big list of what updated when
Yup. That would do. Totally vague, useless information that we have come to expect from INNO's wiki. The other Wiki would probably have the big list.
I guess people would choose the Wiki that works best for them, just like they do now.

Emberguard

Yup. That would do. Totally vague, useless information that we have come to expect from INNO's wiki.
The ages for each settlement could easily be included further down the page on the Select a Settlement section where it's already getting updated each time. I'm simply saying for the specific line of text you quoted it doesn't need to go into too many details due to what that part of the page is trying to convey. If a detailed list is added to half a dozen different paragraphs then you're going to have to remember and correct half a dozen different area's every time something is added to the game

WinnerGR

In general I like the settlement ( Feudal Japan is still my favorite but once I have done that 14 times ... ) and I see a basis here of getting Contemporary and Future Settlements into the game using higher technologies to unlock them which I think would be quite nice however its currently on the DNS.

empirebuilder79

First of all, this settlement looks more like a Mayan settlement than Aztec, specially the building design, would be nice you would correct this, the fact that Inno is adding the impediment again to this settlement is making it less desirable to play for me, not only is time consuming but the limited amount of tools to remove them, why not make it like the Viking or the Japanese? it would certainly make it more enjoyable for everyone, more than likely I will not even start this settlement for the above stated reasons, just too time consuming on top of the dreaded inpediments, time for Inno to go back to the design desk and think this one through.

Lime the Tangy

I've unlocked "Colonies" but the Aztec settlement option doesn't show up when I open the settlement screen. What am I doing wrong?