• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is City Defense at all possible?

Algona

From a newbie this is my gripe: The plunderers are in the same age (LMA)

Unsolicited advice, make of it what you will.

I think the problem isn't so much what they have as that you call yourself new to the game but are in LMA.

6 months in game. 3 GBs none over lvl 5. 160K RP. LMA. You're in the bottom 10 in your hood?

Take a look at the cities of the players in the middle of your hood ranks around 35-40. Your city is no where near as developed as theirs.

If that's where you want to be, fine. But you will continue to be pummeled by players who have taken the time to advance their cities. This will get worse as you advance in Era.

My recommendations:

Talk to your Guild Leader. Explain your problems to them and ask them for advice.

Stop advancing in Era. Develop your city infrastructure, acqiore and lvl GBs, gain expertise in DCs, Events, GE, GBG, and use the treasures from those to improve your city. How long? Until you are at least in the middle of your hood. Prolly take months. Yeah, it's a long time.

Ask for suggestions on how to mitigate plundering.

Your choice. Put in the effort or continue to get hammered.

----------

An observation based on over 5 years of reading this forum and in game experience.

I don't plunder, I don't have time for it.

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, a successful strategy, and actively encouraged by INNO.

No player ever resolves getting plundered by complaining about it, considering the plunder a bully, or asking the game to change.

Players resolve getting plundered by asking for help and then taking the recommended steps.

ReserveBum

Thx, appreciate you all taking the time to reply. Was a little whiny, just seems a large difference in capabilities for being in the same age. Anyhow, will look at all your suggestions and try to minimize the damage as I move forward.

DeletedUser

Algona gave you very solid advice. There is one thing I would like to add to this as well. Leveling GBs shoots your points up like no other activity in the game. Level your Arc to 80 and it's around 6-8 mill added to your score board. This will move you towards the middle but it will not increase your defense. Blend defense , fights , GbG , GVG experience as well to make the higher score just not a star on your scoreboard. My score is only 20 mill but it's about 3 mill fighting points as well, I can take on players in the 50-80 mill range . It's deliberately deceptive because I am a nice guy and need a reason lol

dtown20

IDK about higher ages but in the lower levels successfully defending a strong plunderer is not possible. It does seem to be possible to cause them to lose a unit or two and if that is combined with timely collections you should solve any problems

Agent327

IDK about higher ages but in the lower levels successfully defending a strong plunderer is not possible. It does seem to be possible to cause them to lose a unit or two and if that is combined with timely collections you should solve any problems

You are talking about campers. In higher ages facing a camper is less likely.

Jaybird0482

The best city defense is collecting on time. Period. Anyone who is advising you to waste time, space, and resources for city defense is wrong.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Also to say it is impossible to defend is just plain wrong. I auto attack through the neighborhood. I don't have time to manually attack 60 people. I get beat about 7-10% of the time. my attackers have 700/358 boost, and will routinely lose on auto to 1000%+ defenders. Recently i've been trying to increase my plunder progress, so i get a lot more counter attacks. My defense runs 120/653 boost, using 7 Nail Storm and 1 Rocket Troop to hit the first group of rogues and transform them. I get plenty of successful defenses.

But I do agree, collecting on time is "best" and city defense is in almost all cases a waste of space. That is how I and many others play, but it isn't the ONLY way to play. If you want to try and defend...then do it.

BaronMirage

I've been attacked by armies with 500-600 attack boost (my city defense is 143 with 49 attack) and I wonder if it's actually possible to build a city defense capable to repelling those. Looking for city defense boosts, I find very few ... Castel del Monte, special evetn buildings, etc. and I'm beginning to suspect that it's impossible to build a successful city defense, to encourage attacks. I've ceased building a city defense army and let the 2 spear throwers have their day. If my thinking is incorrect, I'd like to know.
After being attack so many times, trying to keep collections on time, it doesn't matter about city defense when someone from so far in the future still "PLUNDERS" from you because you have no way to stay afloat in the game. To the designers of the game, I put forth a challenge, why not encourage "NEW" players to stay with the game by giving them some relief (till they can get enough skill to fight back) of this carnage. Don't tell me it's part of the game, tell me that you have the ability to design some new ideas to keep PLUNDERING at least respectable. For you that think this is whining, get a clue.

Agent327

After being attack so many times, trying to keep collections on time, it doesn't matter about city defense when someone from so far in the future still "PLUNDERS" from you because you have no way to stay afloat in the game.

You can not be plundered by someone "so far in the future". Hoods are made with players in the same age. At best a playerr is one age ahead.

To the designers of the game, I put forth a challenge, why not encourage "NEW" players to stay with the game by giving them some relief (till they can get enough skill to fight back) of this carnage.
]

They have. You have to research military tactics before you can be attacked.

Don't tell me it's part of the game

And yet I tell you.

tell me that you have the ability to design some new ideas to keep PLUNDERING at least respectable

Plundering is respectable. It is part of the game

For you that think this is whining, get a clue.

That is a remark that could be directed at you as well.

Algona

After being attack so many times, trying to keep collections on time, it doesn't matter about city defense when someone from so far in the future still "PLUNDERS" from you because you have no way to stay afloat in the game. To the designers of the game, I put forth a challenge, why not encourage "NEW" players to stay with the game by giving them some relief (till they can get enough skill to fight back) of this carnage. Don't tell me it's part of the game, tell me that you have the ability to design some new ideas to keep PLUNDERING at least respectable. For you that think this is whining, get a clue.

There's a simple key to success in this game.

Assume INNO is competent.

This assumption revolutionizes your approach to learning this complex game.

Quite quickly you'll realize that if you find anything intolerable, unfair, impossible, that it is almost always because you don't understand some aspect of the game.

Once you realize that your problems with the game are usually a simple lack of knowledge, rectifying that lack is not a problem.

Sometimes. Kinda depends on how you go about trying to get that knowledge.

Sure, you can throw out something like that quote and get a response much like the one you anticipated ("get a clue") and got.

Or you could ask a question like:

"I'm getting plundered, how do I stop it?"

-----------

The odds are long that anyone who hangs out on this forum for a long time is gonna be both knowledgeable and like the game.

Which makes those long term posters naturally defensive about the game.

So when they see posts that appear to attack the game, they tend to react in the same vein.

Whereas when those same fanbois see folk who ask questions or ask for help they tend to answer those questions.

This forum can be an ongoing hostile exchange or an incredibly useful resource for learning to play the game.

That's entirely up to each poster.

Good luck, welcome to the forum and the game.

BaronMirage

I figured someone would call PLUNDERING respectful. I think PLUNDERING is a part of the game and said that in the original text... but, when you think that players of the same level, Colonial, as an example.. are equal, you are definitely living in a dream world. There is a tremendous difference between someone at 10,000,000 and someone at 400,000 at the same level. I believe games can be very dynamic and I believe that PLUNDERING new players is very static in this game, therefore, I challenge the designers to bring forth a new set of dynamics. Eventually, new players will become frustrated with always being taken advantage of and leave the game. Then your left with old game players and no new players. But, of course, the folks in the HIGH ends of the game (no MATTER what so called level they are at) will always justify things in their focus. So, why not challenge the "NORM" and try new things. So far, I am approaching this topic respectfully...

CommanderCool1234

In my hood right now there are only people in LMA (the age I am in) granted some people have 10 million points, but honestly getting attacked and pkundered every day is charachter building and i dont know why everyone is whinning becasue I dont get plundered at all. And I am in LMA.

Agent327

but, when you think that players of the same level, Colonial, as an example.. are equal, you are definitely living in a dream world. There is a tremendous difference between someone at 10,000,000 and someone at 400,000 at the same level.

That is something totally different than stating " when someone from so far in the future still plunders". It is the same age. You have the same opportunity as the other player and points do not mean a thing. Those 10.000.000 could have been gathered without a single fight.

You rushed to Colonial and are now meeting players that are taking their time. Does that mean there is something wrong with the game? Is it possible there is something wrong with your playstyle?

BaronMirage

In my hood right now there are only people in LMA (the age I am in) granted some people have 10 million points, but honestly getting attacked and pkundered every day is charachter building and i dont know why everyone is whinning becasue I dont get plundered at all. And I am in LMA.
WHINNING is a term that is disrespectful... therefore... don't get there... have an INTELLIGENT conversation.... BECAUSE I COULD FIND YOU offensive.. and disrespectful....

Quite quickly you'll realize that if you find anything intolerable, unfair, impossible, that it is almost always because you don't understand some aspect of the game.

Once you realize that your problems with the game are usually a simple lack of knowledge, rectifying that lack is not a problem.

Sure, you can throw out something like that quote and get a response much like the one you anticipated ("get a clue") and got.

-----------

The odds are long that anyone who hangs out on this forum for a long time is gonna be both knowledgeable and like the game.

So when they see posts that appear to attack the game, they tend to react in the same vein.

Whereas when those same fanbois see folk who ask questions or ask for help they tend to answer those questions.

This forum can be an ongoing hostile exchange or an incredibly useful resource for learning to play the game.

Graviton

I figured someone would call PLUNDERING respectful. I think PLUNDERING is a part of the game and said that in the original text... but, when you think that players of the same level, Colonial, as an example.. are equal, you are definitely living in a dream world.

Nobody said anything about equal. There will be players in that age who've been camping, so of course they aren't going to be "equal" with players who just reached it. That's just how the game works. Heck, that's how everything in life works: people with more experience will not be "equal" to people with little or no experience. The beauty of it is, that disparity isn't permanent. Very soon you will not be "equal" with the people in the bottom of your 'hood. Progress!

I challenge the designers to bring forth a new set of dynamics.

Meanwhile, the designers have already challenged you to succeed in the game as it is.

We all understand that being plundered can be frustrating. My first posts on this forum resembled yours, in fact: I was unhappy about getting plundered. But that's just another impetus to improve your city and get better at the game. All of those experienced players you're trying to dismiss were exactly where you are at one point. The fact that they aren't there anymore demonstrates that you won't be there forever.

And while Inno has been introducing items to improve city defense, to paraphrase @Algona , it's much easier to adjust your own perspective on the game than to try to change the game to suit your perspective.

Last edited:

BaronMirage

-----------

I did not attack the game... I Participate in the game... both in time and buying certain products... I don't appreciate someone using a disrespectful term... having discussions is what makes gameplay better and challenging the status quo is also good for game growth... and anyone that says that challenging designers is disrespectful does not understand the concept of "living outside the box". THEREFORE... I did not say INNO is incompetent, I have tremendous respect for the designers, developers and programmers of games today. In fact, I have been in the programming world since the 1980s... and made a good living from it... so, I am challenging the aspects of thinking outside a static box. I have researched this topic alot on here.. and have seen all sorts of thoughts and concerns.. so, if you are telling me I can not voice an opinion or viewpoint, then I think you are very STATIC in your thinking. As for my use of "Get a Clue".... how is that different then folks using terms in the forum.. like "WHINNERS"... "GET a Clue" is an abstract term.. it's not demeaning, it can mean.. folks have different opinions... WHINNERS is demeaning, but enough of that... So, you are telling me to SHUT UP and just live with it? I think you took everything out of topic yourself.

Algona

I did not attack the game... I Participate in the game... both in time and buying certain products... I don't appreciate someone using a disrespectful term... having discussions is what makes gameplay better and challenging the status quo is also good for game growth... and anyone that says that challenging designers is disrespectful does not understand the concept of "living outside the box". THEREFORE... I did not say INNO is incompetent, I have tremendous respect for the designers, developers and programmers of games today. In fact, I have been in the programming world since the 1980s... and made a good living from it... so, I am challenging the aspects of thinking outside a static box. I have researched this topic alot on here.. and have seen all sorts of thoughts and concerns.. so, if you are telling me I can not voice an opinion or viewpoint, then I think you are very STATIC in your thinking. As for my use of "Get a Clue".... how is that different then folks using terms in the forum.. like "WHINNERS"... "GET a Clue" is an abstract term.. it's not demeaning, it can mean.. folks have different opinions... WHINNERS is demeaning, but enough of that... So, you are telling me to SHUT UP and just live with it? I think you took everything out of topic yourself.

I most emphatically did not tell you to 'SHUT UP.' I invite your to reread what you quoted then review your reply to me and see if I ever said anything that you accuse me of saying.

Ain't rightly sure how telling you why you;re getting the reaction you're getting, how to make best use of this forum, and most importantly, resolving the problem of you getting plumdered is off topic, but if you think it is, report the post. Look for the word 'report' on the lower left corner of this post.

Ace, I laid the keys to the kingdom at your feet.

That you choose to not pick them up is part and parcel with the problems you have and will continue to have playing this game.

Toodles.