• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Monastery - Did I miss it?

Rhyyss

I have been starting in a new world - and I am currently in the High Middle Ages.

I have not conquered the mountains where the barbarians lived - I was waiting for the quest line to follow and get the monastery.... But I haven't seen it.

The current quests offered are
Another Curse (Story) and
Research Guilds (Side).

The last province I captured was Dunkenwald?

Have I missed my shot at the bonus quests leading to the Monastery?

Mustapha00

Now, if the boost to DEF increased as you progress through the Ages...say, 5-7% per Age.....well maybe a 3x3 building that grants over 100% to DEF might be worth having. Or perhaps "less not worth having".

Plain Red Justice

Now, if the boost to DEF increased as you progress through the Ages...say, 5-7% per Age.....well maybe a 3x3 building that grants over 100% to DEF might be worth having. Or perhaps "less not worth having".
Even if it gives 1000% def, the fact remains that it doesn't let you get more FP. Having more defense doesn't win you GBG or let your guild play some classic checkers. Even with the PvP whatever the solution to deal against someone with a high defense is to simply not fight the player making all those defenses as useful as a floral bush

Defenses in this game is a decoration unless the devs do something about it

Rhyyss

I get that most people don't consider the defensive boost of the monastery worth the space anymore. I want it anyway, for purely aesthetic reasons.

So my question is just to get the monastery do I
1) Wait for the "Hooded Visitor" quest and hope I haven't skipped it by accident, or
2) Just go ahead and conquer the barbarian held mountain provinces?

Thanks for the suggestions and tips!

Emberguard

I don’t recall what triggers it. Though I’d assume the most likely culprit is scouting a province connected to it

Agent327

To get the Monastery you need to finish the EMA bonus questline. Conquering barbarian held provinces is part of that.

Agent327

Storm on Sturmhohen is an EMA quest. Continue that and it might still trigger the EMA bonus quests. To long ago for me to be sure about that.

Kranyar the Mysterious

It absolutely is in the era you can get it, if you do not take campers into considiration. It used to be a valuable building in the game. Game moved on and players killed it.
It wasn't campers or players who killed it, it was Inno themselves by making defense practically worthless in the first place. The game moved on with better defense producers, but that doesn't mean that it was ever worth the space it consumed, even when new. It certainly isn't worth the space now, even for someone freshly in EMA (or IA) who is able to complete that questline.

Rhyyss

It wasn't campers or players who killed it, it was Inno themselves by making defense practically worthless in the first place. The game moved on with better defense producers, but that doesn't mean that it was ever worth the space it consumed, even when new. It certainly isn't worth the space now, even for someone freshly in EMA (or IA) who is able to complete that questline.
Yeah, I get that it's not that strong of building. For this city I want it for the look.