• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trades

eaglemaster59

Just a thought but guilds run a trade thread. When a trade message is completely taken, the system shows as the trade not existing. You then may have to scroll back through several of these to find any that are outstanding and if you find a couple and accept one, you then have to scroll back all over again to get the next one. Perhaps the "trade not existing" messages could disappear so that any outstanding trades are always viewable?

ahsay

I'd support it too but there's a minority that think inconvenience like this are a vital part of the game. Supposedly this game is "designed" to waste time...so I've been told.

DevaCat

Why in the world they decided to auto-scroll you back to the bottom of the thread after you take any action is unfathomable. Makes taking multiple trades a royal pita. Ditto pulling you back down to the bottom each time someone posts while you're trying to read something you just scrolled up pages to see. People have asked for "sticky" threads, to no avail.

Good luck (be sure to search first) :D

ahsay

Why in the world they decided to auto-scroll you back to the bottom of the thread after you take any action is unfathomable. Makes taking multiple trades a royal pita. Ditto pulling you back down to the bottom each time someone posts while you're trying to read something you just scrolled up pages to see. People have asked for "sticky" threads, to no avail.

Good luck (be sure to search first) :D
Agreed. but there's way too many here that consider time wasting like that a vital part of the game.

In a similar vein it happens when you search players cities. Instead of holding the players spot you have to refind the player every time you return to global ranking.

RazorbackPirate

I'd support it, but not much bothered by the way it is now. There's always grabbing those same trades from the Market window set to Guild Only. Not only can I grab any trades posted on the thread, I can also grab trades not posted on the thread.

Personally, I never post my trades on the thread, I put them in the market and I'm done. I've always considered posting trades to the guild thread as, "Help! I'm short goods, I need these trades taken, now!" I'm never short on goods, so I'm never in a situation where I need trades taken quickly, so I never post in the thread.

I'm never looking for goods from the market, so when I grab trades from guild mates, I'm doing it to help them out, so I'll just hit the market instead to take whatever I can, posted in the thread or not.

Emberguard

Perhaps the "trade not existing" messages could disappear so that any outstanding trades are always viewable?
In a way this sort of half exists now.

If you put back up the exact same trades on the market it updates it in the attachment for the trades so they re-appear again. Just like how your GB attachments updates itself to the current status of the GB lvl and FP amount. The trades update current status of all trades identical to that attachment

Emberguard

But yeah, wouldn't mind it replacing "this trade no longer exists text" with it either disappearing outright or being smaller then it already is and then reappearing if a identical trade is placed in the market.