• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trash in antique dealer all the time now

Glockgemini

After looking at the new update list, I still think there is nothing but junk in the AD. At first it was good but I guess the owner ran out of good stuff. In the events where the chance getting all the upgrades you needed were low, these are things you NEVER see in the AD. Just the things things that were easy to get and you probably have 2-3 extras of.

If only players could put stuff up for auction either for their guild or hood, that would be pretty cool. I have a stack of TFs and Hideouts and leftover upgrades I could sell. Of course the age of the item would have to be reduced to that of the buyer (if it was higher). Sure I could give the stuff away to the AD, but that is such a rip and nobody benefits.

Tony 85 the Generous

After looking at the new update list, I still think there is nothing but junk in the AD. At first it was good but I guess the owner ran out of good stuff. In the events where the chance getting all the upgrades you needed were low, these are things you NEVER see in the AD. Just the things things that were easy to get and you probably have 2-3 extras of.
Junk is relative to the age and length of time a player has been building a given city. In a new city, by a new or experieinced player, the AD has some good stuff. In a mature city, the amount of 'good stuff' is reduced as there is little the player needs.

If only players could put stuff up for auction either for their guild or hood, that would be pretty cool. I have a stack of TFs and Hideouts and leftover upgrades I could sell. Of course the age of the item would have to be reduced to that of the buyer (if it was higher). Sure I could give the stuff away to the AD, but that is such a rip and nobody benefits.
That would be cool. I especially like how you have considered how to handle higher-age good being won by a lower-age player. Unfortunately I invision "GBG alliance"-type coordination happening such that anything of value would not sell for a reasonable price. Ie. everything would all sell dirt cheap and "put the AD out of business". Thus Inno would never go for it.

Algona

Of course the age of the item would have to be reduced to that of the buyer (if it was higher).

I like, no, I love the idea! I could sell my current Era TFs to an IA player and buy them back with reduced population. Revert my Champ's Retreat or any Goods producing SB to a lower Era the same way. Moving SoHs to earlier Eras to shore up Guild Treasury.

Sign me up!

Meanwhile, on topic:

Junk is relative to the age and length of time a player has been building a given city. In a new city, by a new or experieinced player, the AD has some good stuff. In a mature city, the amount of 'good stuff' is reduced as there is little the player needs.

Agreed.

Triopoly Champion

Shrine of Knowledge level 2 and several other exclusive buildings are great from Antique Workshop.

Take some time to wait for the valuable items to show up, however they are highly desirable by a lot of players, so will sell out fast.

Tony 85 the Generous

I like, no, I love the idea! I could sell my current Era TFs to an IA player and buy them back with reduced population. Revert my Champ's Retreat or any Goods producing SB to a lower Era the same way. Moving SoHs to earlier Eras to shore up Guild Treasury.

Sign me up!
Uh oh @Algona, you just crushed the idea worse than I did. LOL. That would make is a one-down kit alternate which has already been deemed "ain't gonna happen" in the idea section.

*Cowboy*

No, I am not the best they could find. I am the best after they found me. Notes were released today. I am really surprised you still did not see them, so I better help you

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-192.38665/

I know, for Customer Support this is questionable, but honestly, how on earth could you miss this after I mentioned it?
Yeah i see the up coming items for the antiques dealer but the only ones that get the items are the high rank players that can afford 100,000 coins for that item you might as well put a sign on each item this is for high rank players and this is for low ranks players but its not the high rank players buying diamonds every day to play the game so what's the point to have an antiques dealer its all for high ranked players and as for the gems really 40 to 50 gems for a decent item come on Inno

GaKOAK

Yeah i see the up coming items for the antiques dealer but the only ones that get the items are the high rank players that can afford 100,000 coins for that item you might as well put a sign on each item this is for high rank players and this is for low ranks players but its not the high rank players buying diamonds every day to play the game so what's the point to have an antiques dealer its all for high ranked players and as for the gems really 40 to 50 gems for a decent item come on Inno

Do you have items for trade in the AD at all times? How many slots have you opened up?

I've only been playing for 9 months and have all 5 slots open and I have something in there every day earning coins and gems, I currently have a million coins and just short of 1000 gems. Even small amounts add up fast. Just do it and before you know it those prices won't seem unreachable after all. Besides, since most of the items are things you won't want, you won't be spending very often.

Mustapha00

Do you have items for trade in the AD at all times? How many slots have you opened up?

I've only been playing for 9 months and have all 5 slots open and I have something in there every day earning coins and gems, I currently have a million coins and just short of 1000 gems. Even small amounts add up fast. Just do it and before you know it those prices won't seem unreachable after all. Besides, since most of the items are things you won't want, you won't be spending very often.

An idea for opening up those additional auction slots fast: Victory Towers.

Amazing how fast one acquires those things...and never uses them.

The issue, for me anyway, isn't one of coins. It's Gems. Very, very few items sell for many Gems, especially when you compare the price the AD gives you for an item versus the price the AD will sell you the item.

Pickleweasel

The issue, for me anyway, isn't one of coins. It's Gems. Very, very few items sell for many Gems, especially when you compare the price the AD gives you for an item versus the price the AD will sell you the item.

Heh, I have the opposite problem. I have hundreds of gems largely from selling all of the shrines from events and daily challenge stuff, etc. that I get. I don't think I've ever seen anything for sale on the shelves worth buying (for me) in my year+ playing that uses any of my gems up. I am always wishing I had more coins when something I want sells for too much in the auction but no biggie. I don't fight though, so most of the stuff I sell is fodder from the expedition (I've not/don't intend to do battlegrounds).

Tony 85 the Generous

I don't fight though, so most of the stuff I sell is fodder from the expedition (I've not/don't intend to do battlegrounds).
Just an FYI. GBG and AD are mutually exclusive. You don't get anything from GBG for the AD. Put another way, the rewards from GBG are not sellable in the AD as the rewards from GE are.

I'm cranking up my ToR to get more fodder from GE for sale in the AD making coins in AD a common as coins in the city. Then I can just grab what I want from the auction block and not care too much about the price.

Lord Pest

Just an FYI. GBG and AD are mutually exclusive. You don't get anything from GBG for the AD. Put another way, the rewards from GBG are not sellable in the AD as the rewards from GE are.

I'm cranking up my ToR to get more fodder from GE for sale in the AD making coins in AD a common as coins in the city. Then I can just grab what I want from the auction block and not care too much about the price.

I sell the 10% attack potions won in GBG in the AD.

I recently leveled my ToR to level 100 giving me a 33.75% chance at a relic... 50% of those will be gold or jade. On average I should get 21 relics from the 64 encounters. I’ve been 21 and over 2 times and 21 and under 8 times. My high was 24 relics and my low has been 16.